A Best Friend Birthday Extravaganza!! NEW TR LINK!! 5/16!!!

Dance party finishing, we followed it back down to the front gates, and made our way out of the park. MK was having EMH that night, so that was not the end of our adventures.IMG_3385 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3389 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3395 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3401 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Anyone else find themselves constantly forgetting that you can walk on the road at DHS? Or being freaked out by these obnoxious street lights, because same….IMG_3405 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We had an OMINOUS destination in mind, since the wait was short, and I just didn't really care at this point about my back lol. We also spotted a PHOTOPASS out front of the ride, and stopped for some spooooky pics since I'd never seen a photographer there before!
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_402429762912 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_402429762910 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr
I was stoked to see that we were the only 2 in our row of 3 so we could get an awesome ride pic too!
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8048604119 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Dark was upon us, and it was about time to get some spots for the nighttime show. I'm like 90% sure we ate some burgers for dinner SOMEWHERE in there, but I couldn't tell ya specifics!

IMG_3427 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I'd been excited to try my hand at more fireworks photos tonight, but as it turns out, the show is MUCH more projections that fireworks…so that didn't really work out, and we weren't in a great spot, BUT we enjoyed the show anyways.

IMG_3439 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3457 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

There was a kid a few paces infront of us who was clearly a member of the dark side since whenever one of the bad guys would come on screen he'd light up and hold up his red light saber lol!!
IMG_3460 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3466 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3483 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

It was incredible how CLEAR the projections were! The show was good, I wasn't upset we'd skipped Fant for it, (but Fant just isn't the same after seeing Tokyo's lol) but I wasn't in a need to see it again or anything!
EVERYONE was promptly heading for the exit, so we took some time to hang around and check out some of the stores before grabbing a last minute photopass pictureUntitled by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr
And heading back to MK for some EMH fun!

Now…Imma do this quickly, more of a run down because I appear to have no photos from the rest of the night…#whoops.

We got back to MK, used a fast pass for Haunted Mansion, met Elena & Cinderella at approx 11:30, and around 12:00 visited the other side of FTH to find our friends Rapunzel & Aurora still hanging around. Both experiences were awesome, and it was shortly after that that the TIREDS were hitting us, and we still had to deal with the busses home, which are ALWAYS a mess from MK to Pop/AoA, so we called it a night!

It was another early morning for us, so it was probably a good thing we'd called it an "earlier" night that it could've been! We were heading BACK to Magic Kingdom this morning! I also apologize for the LACK of photos over the next couple of days. This morning, I picked up the vlogging camera (the point & shoot w/the flip screen, it usually stayed in the side of back pack for easy access) and it seemed like it hadn't charged overnight! I made sure the light was on and it was plugged in to charge for the next day while we headed to the park!

Starbucks was the priority today, I splurged a bit on an actually Starbs breakfast, and Steven & I plopped down in the Hub Grass while it was still cool enough and waited for Amanda to come find us! We hung around for a bit, then headed over to Splash Mountain to use our fast pass. It was already SO freaking hot it was SUPER nice to get wet on the ride!! We'd planned some Frontierland time that morning to conquer the rides and skip the first Trolley Show, so we slowly made our way back to the hub while hitting up some other attractions in that area!

We got back around for the second Trolley Show, and enjoyed seeing our friends out there again today!

IMG_3499 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3508 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3518 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3523 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3527 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
We spent some time chatting with them at the end of the line, and we stopped over by the Barbershop to take some pics since Steven & I's Disneybounds were well…pretty obvious for today….bahaha
Untitled by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Though for some reason Steven didn't join in on the pictures…

After some heart to hearts with Jenna, we said see ya to our Trolley Kids, and headed back up Main Street to catch some more entertainment!

IMG_3544 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3548 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3550 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3563 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3575 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
I live for the Tiana section of this show….

IMG_3581 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3592 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
And let's be real…Flynn isn't too bad either…
IMG_3602 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3610 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I was VERY excited over Elsa today though, she absolutely KILLED the show, it was amazing!!
IMG_3616 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3618 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3621 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
Same girl.

IMG_3632 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3637 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3638 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3639 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

WORK. THAT. CAPE. YAAAS.
IMG_3641 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3650 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3661 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Anna & I share the same admiration today…
IMG_3688 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Aaaaanndd that is PRACTICALLY….ALL I have for you….I kid you not….I know we had more fast passes through the day, I'm SURE we met some princesses, I KNOW we watched Fof, but I chose to video or something today. After parade though, we had a special visit to pay over at Animal Kingdom! Tori had been stuck over at Lion King the entire week we were there, though she was normally in Trolley, I REALLY wanted to see her, so we made plans to catch a show and meet up today! We got all the way to the park and were in the queue for the show when Steven announced he was going back to the hotel. Poor guy was not feeling it, between the heat, the mugginess, and the lack of water today, he needed to be inside. Lucky for him, he managed to completely miss the storm that happened RIGHT after he left. Luckily for Amanda and I, we were let into the theater right as it started so we didn't need to worry too much.

The show was AMAZING as always, I didn't take any pictures since we were again, loaded through the first set of doors and thus didn't have great seats. I realized while we were inside that if it was raining, Tori wouldn't be allowed to come out to say hi, so we were LOVING LIFE when we emerged from the show to see sun and blue skies! THANK GOODNESS! I saw Tiffany poking around the corner of the meeting area, and she waved us back, and said that she was keeping an eye out for some super cute kids that had been in the show she wanted to pull back too! I then realized that Kara had yet to really get some face-timing today, so I prayed the Wi-Fi would hold out back here and called her.

Amanda and I were amazed to see that MORE than just Tori had come out to say Hi! She'd spread the word and a bunch of the cast had come out to play! YAY! We spent some time catching up, Kara joining in through the phone, and took some pictures.

Amanda & I thanked them all for taking time out of their day to come say hi, made sure to give some extra special hugs to Tori, and said our good byes. We weren't sure what to do, so we looped through the park, and stopped to see Pocahontas!
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8049193967 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Then we were just lost…lol. I was crashing hard, it'd been such a killer week already, I was still on the benedryl a couple times a day, and we were just POOPED. Steven had been in contact throughout the afternoon, we had been debating going back to MK, there was either EMH again, or it was just open WAY later. I ended up saying that I needed to at least have a break at the hotel, and Amanda decided that she was just going to go home. It sucked for her since she'd parked over at MK, and we'd bussed over to DAK, so now she had to bus BACK, to MK, or an MK resort, then get to the TTC to get her car, bahaha. Back at the resort I'm pretty sure Steven & I ordered a pizza or got some form of dinner and spent some time just relaxing. I checked on the vlogging camera again, it appeared to have charged, and it would turn on, BUT THE SCREEN WOULDN'T WORK, it worked to take pictures still, but it has no viewfinder, so you were shooting blind… UGH. I freaked, thinking it was because I'd gotten it wet, until I remembered that it's waterproof. We literally held it under the ocean in Hong Kong….I felt HORRIBLE because it's Kara's camera, she bought it open box, and upon researching when we got home, it's apparently a common problem with this specific camera. UGH.

Beautiful MK pics especially of the rainbow!!

Love your nighttime shots at DHS. And you're right, the projections are so clear!

Fun morning in MK!

Great pic after FOTLK!

I'm sorry you and Steven weren't feeling well. Relaxing at the hotel was definitely needed for you two!

All your pics around the Castle and from the PeopleMover are gorgeous. I 100% agree, there is NO bad angle whatsoever of Cindy's castle. None.

I'm so glad someone else feels so odd about walking right down the middle of Hollywood Boulevard. It feels like a real road then when the Citizens of Hollywood come through, I tend to stick to the sidewalk.

That's so neat how they just randomly had Photopass by the ToT sign. I'm surprised they didn't have a Magic Shot there or anything and I love the single row ride photo, perfect.

Your Trolley bound is ON-POINT. But it's such a sad reminder that I found out today that they aren't doing the seasonal trolleys anymore. They have the costumes and decor, but the choreography and songs remains the same. RIP Fall and Summer Trolley.

LOOOOOVVEEEE your MRFF pics especially Naveen and Flynn Rider *insert heart eyes emoji here*

Awww I'm sorry to hear Steven had to dip out. You guys did seem to be really going hard so it was good you ended up both getting a bit of a night off. Love the photo with the FotLK performers! I so wish to get one like that one day, it's my FAVE.

I read this whole report its amazing... I think I have actually seen you on instgram, rather I know I have lol
I love your Disney Bounding!!

Beautiful MK pics especially of the rainbow!!

Love your nighttime shots at DHS. And you're right, the projections are so clear!

Fun morning in MK!

Great pic after FOTLK!

I'm sorry you and Steven weren't feeling well. Relaxing at the hotel was definitely needed for you two!
Thank you!!! I was happy to get some good shots!
It was great!
We definitely cant keep up like we used to lol!!

All your pics around the Castle and from the PeopleMover are gorgeous. I 100% agree, there is NO bad angle whatsoever of Cindy's castle. None.

I'm so glad someone else feels so odd about walking right down the middle of Hollywood Boulevard. It feels like a real road then when the Citizens of Hollywood come through, I tend to stick to the sidewalk.

That's so neat how they just randomly had Photopass by the ToT sign. I'm surprised they didn't have a Magic Shot there or anything and I love the single row ride photo, perfect.

Your Trolley bound is ON-POINT. But it's such a sad reminder that I found out today that they aren't doing the seasonal trolleys anymore. They have the costumes and decor, but the choreography and songs remains the same. RIP Fall and Summer Trolley.

LOOOOOVVEEEE your MRFF pics especially Naveen and Flynn Rider *insert heart eyes emoji here*

Awww I'm sorry to hear Steven had to dip out. You guys did seem to be really going hard so it was good you ended up both getting a bit of a night off. Love the photo with the FotLK performers! I so wish to get one like that one day, it's my FAVE.

Thank you!!!

Hhahh right?! Like, it feel weird but only at that park! Lol! It was so weird but awesome to see the photopass there!

They actually are changing it up!! Spring & summer didnt happen, they changed the costumes to autumn when all the decorations went up, autumn choreo starts on the 4th!! Xmas will still happen too!

It was a good day!

Today…we "slept in" a bit later…I guess than planned, because we were still awake, up and gone in 20 minutes, and to the park by 7:40 am…that doesn't look like a sleep in day to me! Bahaha! We were let into the park right upon arrival, and we were at:

ANIMAL KINGDOM!

The crowd was OBVIOUSLY headed over to Pandora, and us with them! We had FP's for FoP later on, but still needed to get on the boat ride, and figured the best thing would be to rope drop it! We were let through up to the bridge into Pandora, where we were held til about 7:50, and then lead into the respective ride queues, where we stopped at a stand still for about 5-10mins until the park was actually open, and they started loading the boats!

So…what did we think of the River Journey?

Well…it left us both asking… "that's it?" Like, sure, it was pretty, but it had been hyped up SO MUCH, that it was VERY lackluster, we were both SUPER glad we hadn't waited longer than TECHNICALLY like, 20 minutes, and WERE SO HAPPY I hadn't wasted a fast pass on it. The animatronic at the end was super cool, as in, it moved SO smoothly, and the improvements in animatronics over the past ten years has increased SO much, thank goodness! Steven & I circled through the rest of Pandora to get some pictures before the land became too crowded to move!

IMG_3695 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3698 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3699 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3701 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
I clearly had to be basic and stop on the moss wall….

vUntitled by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

And then it came our time to venture OUT of Pandora and over to Africa!

I'm pretty sure we circled through to the back exit of Pandora that came out by Harambe, I needed coffee & Steven needed breakfast, so we popped into Starbucks & then found a table over in the marketplace to eat, where I finished off the sandwich I'd had for dinner last night. When we finished, we figured we should use our prime park time to actually DO something and headed over to the Safari! The wait was quick enough, and we were lucky enough to get the front row seats! Our luck ran out then, since the driver was a bit of a prick. He asked us what we were most excited to see, and the six year old I am exclaimed "STELLA," the baby elephant, who Disney has put out MULTIPLE pictures/blog posts/videos about. First he just ignored me, which I had no problem with, but then he asked me specifically, and on mic, who Stella was. I was a little weirded out, like, shouldn't you know? And to shock me further, when I explained, his response was something like "keep it down, we're on a wild safari here, the animals don't have names".

Uhm... sure...okay...

It really wasn't (in my opinion) the way he should've handled it. It wasn't like I was saying there was more than one Mickey (which would be dumb, there is CLEARLY ONLY ONE lol), they'd dropped the storyline on the safari a few years back, and Stella was pretty publicly promoted. His response SHOULD have been to continue to ignore me, or say something like "oh cute, you named her" and continue on our way. It may have been something littl, but it really put a damper on our safari, and my day. I'd BEEN DYING to do the backstage elephant tour they have for my birthday, elephants are my FAVORITE animals, but thanks to too many emergency medical bills, I was out of the money to do it, so needless to say, I was pumped to see some elephants, and now this butt was putting me in a sad/bad mood for the rest of our experience.

Just ugh.

The safari was nice enough, there were plenty of active animals, and a younger giraffe stopped right in the road and we had to wait a while for it to pass lol.
IMG_3712 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3715 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3717 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr
IMG_3718 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Last edited:
After our safari we adventured through Africa & down by the tree of life for a bit, I LOVE DAK so much & always feel like I should come home with more pictures than I do lol!

IMG_3723 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3724 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3731 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3734 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3735 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3736 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Naturally, the next thing on our list was FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING, like, duh.Though a brief pause for some bow photos first!! Kara had made me a custom FOLK Elephant bow for this trip!

IMG_3709 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I was bothered that they were loading the theatre in a weird way which meant even if you were FIRST in the standby line, you weren’t getting great seats, and no giraffe section lol!

IMG_3753 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3771 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3787 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3794 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3801 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3804 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3805 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Post show we ended up wandering around, checked out some gift shops, I have no photographic proof but Im sure we went to see the goats cause I LOVE THEM! We did end up seeing Poca again, she was ok lol!

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8049461459 (1) by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8049461462 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Steven & I stopped for some lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, and despite them having so many delicious options, I went for a kids meal, but spent the extra cash on a beeeeerrrr! Cause lets be real.... its needed.

Over lunch Steven & I talked about what to do for the rest of the day, we both love DAK but no friends were at FOLK, and we had a friend to say hi to at DHS, so after a few quick texts we ended up leaving to head out to our next park!

And then the rain came....

Horribly...

Luckily our friend was on lunch from Voyage, and was able to come hangout for a while! The three of us spent a good chunk of time catching up til she had to run back to work & Steven & I, stuck in the rain, with no real plans, headed into Launch Bay.

Clearly EVERYONE had that idea, as Kylo & Chewie's lines were super long, so we decided to just chill outside BB8's room, which ended up being the GREATEST idea BECAUSE THE JAWAS WERE HANGING OUT AND THE ABSOLUTE BEST!

IMG_3820 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3821 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3826 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

P6020112 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

#jawaselfie

They kept playing with us, making Steven grab things they were too short to reach, it was just amazing & honestly we were there for HOURS!!

IMG_3829 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

P6020113 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Eventually though, the rain stopped, the jawa's left, and it was time to return to DAK!

IMG_3836 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3842 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3845 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3847 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Dak at night is SERIOUSLY THE PRETTIEST!! Im so happy its open late because I get to see it & photograph if & it makes me SO HAPPY!

IMG_3852 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3855 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3859 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Im pretty sure we had fast passes for Everest, as I don’t really recall us being on this side of the park any earlier, and all the pictures are letting me know that this would be around that time….

IMG_3861 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3862 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3863 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3865 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I cannot stress how much I ABSOLUTELY love the way Dak is all lit up and night! and our night was about to get even better!!

RIVERS!!! OF!!! LIGHT!!!

I know it received not great reviews online prior to me seeing it in person, and it had been pushed back SO many freaking times that who knew what the end product would be, but my love for DAK had be super excited for it, especially since it was a different style of nighttime show for Disney! I’d booked us fast passes for the first one, and we found soon found the line and made our way into the seating area to get some awesome seats!

IMG_3872 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Before the show officially started the big flowers came out & I was already in awe.

IMG_3876 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3884 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Then the real show began!!

IMG_3899 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3901 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3905 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3915 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

AND HOLY HECK Y'ALL I ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LOVED IT!! Rivers of Light is nothing like Disney has before!!! It has similarities to WOC but the show was so unbelievably breathtaking. I was in awe the entire time, and the environmental aspect of it was amazingly well done too!!

IMG_3919 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3929 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3935 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3940 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3957 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3964 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Post show, Id been texting Missy, who was with her husband over in Pandora, Franklin & I had potential plans to photograph Pandora at night! We took the long way around though as an excuse to take more photos of the BEAUTIFUL PARK.

IMG_3970 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I also made a pit stop for a donut, because it was national donut day or something and I’ll take any excuse I can get for a treat!

IMG_3984 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Steven & i found our way over there, went to the canteen & finally found them! We sat down for a bit, Missy commented how tired we looked, and we agreed! It had been SUCH A LONG WEEK, and the benedryl was still killing me! Franklin & I's plans were shot, but at least we got to catch up for a bit before we called it a night and headed back to the hotel!

Joining in quite belatedly, so bear with me, this'll be long!

34990912765_4bf4c1f064_c.jpg

As a nurse, I am offended for you!

Art of Animation is one of my favorite resorts, its just so amazing & is home to 2 of my favorite movies!! (bonus points if you can guess which two…)

I'm hoping the Lion King is one of them!

Merida is so precious and I love his Maui shirt.

That face! Too cute!

Holy highlighter, Elsa!

It’s the "Hightower Rocks: Casa Dragones Blanco Tequila, watermelon, Sweet-and-Sour and lime juice."

I had this too, it was super delicious

Cutest Disney bounds

So much love in this photo

conquered the Viking shot!

Aquavit? I tried to get my friend to do that shot when we went in November and they no longer had it!

Your BB8 pictures are great! He was so much fun, though I was super disappointed the PP only took ONE photo.

:love::love::love: This is beautiful

You take great pictures, this is amazing.

Tower looks so good with some dark, ominous clouds behind it

And to shock me further, when I explained, his response was something like "keep it down, we're on a wild safari here, the animals don't have names".

Whoa, what even. What a buzzkill.

AND HOLY HECK Y'ALL I ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LOVED IT!!

My jaw dropped, I was positive you'd dislike it since everyone seems to (myself included).

Stunning photo

Beautiful AK pics (both day and night)! I'm sorry the safari driver put a damper on things! I'm glad you enjoyed RoL, you got some stunning pics of it!

Joining in quite belatedly, so bear with me, this'll be long!

As a nurse, I am offended for you!

I'm hoping the Lion King is one of them!
Merida is so precious and I love his Maui shirt.

That face! Too cute!
Holy highlighter, Elsa!

I had this too, it was super delicious
Cutest Disney bounds

So much love in this photo

Aquavit? I tried to get my friend to do that shot when we went in November and they no longer had it!

Your BB8 pictures are great! He was so much fun, though I was super disappointed the PP only took ONE photo.

:love::love::love: This is beautiful

You take great pictures, this is amazing.

Tower looks so good with some dark, ominous clouds behind it
Whoa, what even. What a buzzkill.

My jaw dropped, I was positive you'd dislike it since everyone seems to (myself included).

Stunning photo

Hey!!! Haha, its okay it's taken me a million years to get this finished lol!!

Ahahahahah, she felt so bad!!! I just felt awkward walking around disney with bruises on my hand & inner elbows... #awkward lol

YES! Lion king is in the top 5 for sure, the music's just so amazing!!
i live for Elsa's highlighter lol!!

SO GOOD!! LOVED the drink, definitely getting it again next trip!!
Thank you!! We've been doing Ariel & Eric for so long it's crazy lol! But Steven had his heart set on meeting Eric in his Eric bound, so we did them again lol!
UGH! I just love Flynn so much, I was so happy to see him!
YES! That sucks!! Maybe it was just something to do with food & wine?? I know my friend said they'd changed some stuff up at the Canada beer cart too? Who knows!? I hope it comes back!
He was so cute!! Awe, that sucks!!

Thank you so much!!!

Yeah it sucked, but the rest of the day was okay lol

Ahahahah, I honestly loved it, but I love everything Dak, and I love that it was so different. I do think they could've done without the live performers, they certainly didn't add to the performance at all, and being equity probably cost more than we really need the show to lol

Thank you!!

Beautiful AK pics (both day and night)! I'm sorry the safari driver put a damper on things! I'm glad you enjoyed RoL, you got some stunning pics of it!

Thank you so much!!!! Ugh, yeah it wasn't the greatest experience, but hey, the rest of the day was good!!! Thank you!!

GOOOOD MORNING FRIENDS!!

TODAY!! TODAY WE WERE HEADING FOR THE DAAARRRKKK SIDE!!

And no…i don’t mean back to Hollywood Studios..

Y’all why do we even call Universal the dark side? Like, I get it, the boards are primarily Disney, but isn’t like…a change always nice…

#ignoreme

SO, when EVERYTHING the decided to come crashing down on me right before the trip, I’d talked to Steven and said I couldn’t afford Universal anymore, the daily ticket was too expensive for me after all the medical expenses I’d had last minute. I’d posted about it on Facebook, considering I had friends we were supposed to see at Univeral/potentially meet up with that day (especially since I already don’t really like their rides, Steven would hopefully have a ride buddy that way). NOW, IMAGINE MY INSANE SUPRISE AND RUSH OF TOO MANY EMOTIONS, when I promptly got a DM from someone on my friends list who I honestly, had not met in person yet, who said that HE’D COMP ME IN FOR THE DAY! Like, it’s been 7 months and I’m STILL crying and not over it. He said that I’d seemed so excited about it (it was a big trip) and wasn’t fair that life had hit me so hard, and he had an extra few comps, and I was ETERNALLY GRATEFUL! He was working that day, so I packed a special Canadian gift for him (hint..it was a a Kinder Surprise….)

SO, thanks to him, Steven & I were off to Universal in an Uber that morning. We had issues where the pick up location was set to our building, but that didn’t come across properly, and they were waiting for us at the front, then left, and charged us for missing it, despite them being the ones in the wrong place, ugh, but whatever. we walked to the lobby and got another one no problem.

After the MILE and a half long walk to the front, I printed my voucher, Steven bought his ticket and we walked another mile and a half back to DIAGON ALLEY!

We promptly shoved our stuff into a locker, and jumped in the line for Gringotts (this is my usual plan of attack for Universal…)

Ride was good, not a long wait, and we popped over to the Leaky Cauldron for breakfast!

IMG_3985 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr\IMG_3986 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

I would LIVE off butter beer if I could!! My favourite is the original!! I loved that they finally released a hot one, since it’s hot in the books, but didn’t like it very much! which one’s your favourite?!

IMG_3993 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_3995 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Breakfast was delicious, as food from WWOHP ALWAYS is, my biggest tip: GET THE KIDS MEALS, there’s like, little to NO difference in HP area, and it’s the SAME food, and SO much cheaper!!

IMG_3996 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Like, I’m pretty sure the adults has like, 2 sausages or an extra egg, like, something lame like that, the kids meals are HUGE!!

We both were LOVING our food, then explored Diagon Alley a bit more

IMG_4004 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4008 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Can’t forget about Knockturn Alley, the home of my people!

IMG_4011 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4012 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4014 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

And if you’re wondering, yes, that was Steven’s SECOND butter beer of the day, and we’d been there for like, an hour….no judgement though as I usually have 3 per visit, but I was saving my cash for a literal beer later on!

IMG_4017 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We’d finished our exploring, and as my Universal game plan usually goes, is to hop on the train, and head on over to Hogsmaede to explore over there and ride Forbidden Journey! I’d been texting with my friend Katy over the morning, and she was leaving work early cause her back was giving her problems. Problem being she was stationed at the train that day lol, she ended up meeting us in the village, and we all agreed that it was honestly better for her back to be walking around a little bit than sitting doing nothing (and certainly better than bending and lifting strollers and the like all day) Kinda sucked for Steven since now BOTH his theme park companions had back injuries and couldn’t do major rides, but he said he didn’t care!

We went on Forbidden Journey through the express line, and explored through the village a bit more before continuing on to JURASSIC PARK!! I’d been DYING to meet the Raptor (Lucy?) For AGES now, so we made a pit stop in the long line there. Steven took video & pics cause he was too chicken to say hello.

TBH…she was kinda terrifying…

Yeah…no thank you…

We skipped the river rapids ride, and then were passing through Kong territory. Katy asked if we wanted to go on it, I asked if it was scary, and when she said no, I believed her lol, so she got us on that super quick! It was neat, mainly done through screens (surprise).Nothing that I thought was spectacular.

We laughed at everyone getting SOAKED on Dudley Doo-right’s ride. (yup…never been on it either) and continued to Marvel’s Super Hero Island where we stopped to say hi to some friends!

I LOVE the next one cause Wolverine’s already so into it & Steven I were clearly not ready yet… like..yeah..you’re cool dude…

We got with the program eventually though…no worries…

We popped across the street to see Spiderman next, which was the moment I specifically remember someone commenting about my dress. by this time MULTIPLE TM’s and characters had commented on it. I’d actually bought it at Universal (despite it being DC, there’s that one shop by the horror makeup show that has literally all the superhero stuff). The Gal Gadot movie had come out THAT DAY (so like, midnight screening the night before) and ALL DAY people had been asking if I’d seen “my” movie yet. I had originally wanted to see it that night but #money… lol Wonder Woman’s ALWAYS been my favourite, and LET ME TELL YOU when I finally did get home and watch it like 2 weeks later, it KICKED ME on SUCH a superhero kick, I know more about the MCU now than I ever did before.

anyways, Spiderman was one to ask if I’d seen the movie yet, and commented on it and it was hilarious.

We wandered around and for some reason said hi to Dora & Deigo?

OOOHHH! We were waiting for the Mystery Gang! Steven REALLY wanted to meet Daphne, and despite not having the picture, I PROMISE IT HAPPENED, and they were WONDERFUL, and Daphne was amazing!! (I found my notes guys…) Daphne also turned to Fred and was all “hold my hand!” and his response was” HI FIVE!” and hit her hand and that was it!

We visited Bikini Bottom

And then ventured into part of the park I LITERALLY DID NOT KNOW EXISTED. See, I HAD to make sure I went to see Barney today, I had a special present for him you see. Katy, Steven & I spent a good chunk of time playing around at the indoor interactive stuff they have there (check the vlog lol) it was actually super fun! Then we sat in the absolute back row of the show, and reminisced to our CHILDHOODS, and were….obviously the only people over the age of like…8 that didn’t have our own children in the theatre. The show wasn’t honestly that bad, Barney & the little friend dino’s made appearances, and then we made a pit stop on the way out to say hi to the main Dino himself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!