A Carnival Cruise.....With A Chicken?

usnuzuloose

Loosing Boo Boo
Before I get fully started I would like to send out my prayers and condolences to the Costa Concordia. I hope everyone gets home safely.

This TR was supposed to have been in Oct of 2011, however those dates were not available to us. So we rescheduled for January 9 2012. We held our breath and 60 days out we were confirmed for those dates.

We finally got to do our packing and at 5:45 am our taxi was outside waiting to take us to the train station. Our train left at 6:40 am and we were due to arrive at the Queen Mary at 4 pm.

This is where we sat all the way to Bakersfield.

071.jpg

It was a very quiet ride until we got to Modesto, then the train got full. Time to put the computer away. We arrived in Bakersfield and took the bus to the Queen Mary. We arrived right on time.

This is the first pic of her when we arrived

078.jpg

We took alot of luggage. Next time I will cut back on the packing.

We checked in, and upon check in we got a free upgrade from an inside room to one with portholes. So YAY! The room was located on the portside of the ship. The rooms were updated. I will post some pics and then explain the bathroom.

081.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

cont next post...

more pics..

090.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

I will comback in a while and post more. Photobucket is being the pain and not let me copie images to post.

Subbing in. popcorn::

Nice that you started! :thumbsup2

I'll come back in a while too.....work is interruptus painus for my Dissing.

The bathrooms are a little odd, the bathtub only uses two of those turning knobs. There is a tradational turn valve for turning it on or off. When you shower, the tub is not very wide. And the water pressure is very low. So when I showered I had to stand side ways to wash my hair. But the toilet has that stick to push to flush it. Hmmm...I thought the flush was more pressure than the shower. I wonder? Do I ? Um no never mind. There is alot of stuff on this ship alone to take pictures of..

So come along the journey and lets explore this beautiful ship and beyond. And if you are prone to seasickness.. get the dramamine... the chicken enters later. Thanks for joining. I will answer all your comments. Ask your questions.

Upnext more pics of the Queen Mary..

Coming along to see more!

So nice to get an upgrade! I'm a bit claustrophobic so an inside cabin would petrify me. And the train ride looks comfy and tech suitable!

DH is looking at cruises for us this spring or next year to Alaska. He refuses Disney but that's okay with me so I am anxious to read and see more about your trip here.

What were the other two knobs in the shower for?

What are the two things on each side and over the bed? One looks stuffed with something?

Coming along to see more!

So nice to get an upgrade! I'm a bit claustrophobic so an inside cabin would petrify me. And the train ride looks comfy and tech suitable!

DH is looking at cruises for us this spring or next year to Alaska. He refuses Disney but that's okay with me so I am anxious to read and see more about your trip here.
It was so comfy and relaxing. No Driving!! The bed was comfy also!
I'm here. Looks great so far. Can't wait to hear about the chicken! ;)
The Chicken, yes it was very interesting.
So what is the square root of 7 to the 22nd decimal place?
I cant answer, I am horrible at math.
What were the other two knobs in the shower for?

What are the two things on each side and over the bed? One looks stuffed with something?

Those white things are the heating and cooling system. It was interesting.

Sorry for not answering fast enough. I am on the cruise critic watching the threads about the ship tragedy.

Catching up. The QM room looks great; but that bathroom is a little dated. Still, by the sounds of things, it does the job...wash, flush, clean. :thumbsup2

So what is the square root of 7 to the 22nd decimal place?

I cant answer, I am horrible at math.

I, on the other hand, can use a calculator!

The square root of 7 to the 22nd decimal = 2.6457513110645905905016 :thumbsup2

:scratchin Although, I'm sure I answered a similar question about Pi lately. :rolleyes1

Sorry, the two on top do nothing. The bottom two fill the tub. Funny thing is none of the rooms are alike.

Seeing as how the rooms are exactly modern, being that it's an old ship, are they comfortable?

Now that we had settled into our room it was time to do some exploring. This ship is so beautiful. The woodwork, details in the wood. There is so much you could photograph. But getting on with so more pics.

I cant remember everything about every picture.. please forgive me.

115.jpg

These are things for sale in the shops. Now mind you when I walked in, I asked if it was ok to take pictures. I was told yes. So when I did he said no, I thought you meant of the store. I kept thinking how do you take pictures of the store without capturing the merchandise. :lmao:

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

120.jpg

122.jpg

more in next post.

More Pics

Okay, I am infatuated with doors...

137.jpg

139.jpg

At this point, we realize we need to eat something, so need to figure out where and what.. looking at the few resturants that were on board, we decided something quick and simple.

145.jpg

149.jpg

Peach Bellini YUMMY!

156.jpg

160.jpg

I think photobucket hates me! It wont let me grab Chris's food. Sorry.

But I am a curious person, so I got to thinking about the kitchen and wondering if they left it modern or updated it. So I asked the waiter if I could see the kitchen and he said yes!! So, the only thing that was updated was the ovens..

162.jpg

I will leave you with that for now. Next we will keep going with more photos.So stay ABOARD!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!