A couple of Magical Express questions

psu4glory

ka-chow!
DW and i have travelled to WDW many times over the past few yrs, but have always rented a car at MCO. we just enjoy the flexibility of being able to go where we want when we want. however, we are planning a short 2-3 day trip later in the summer and would like to utilize disney's ME to and from the airport. i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a couple of questions...

1. how will having a late flight into orlando (arrival around 1000p) affect the process?

2. how, exactly, does it work on the RETURN ride to the airport? what if your return flight isn't until late afternoon / evening? considering that check-out is 1100a, what would you do with your luggage during that last day? or are you forced to book an early flight if you want to utilize ME get back to the airport?

thanks for the help....

DW and i have travelled to WDW many times over the past few yrs, but have always rented a car at MCO. we just enjoy the flexibility of being able to go where we want when we want. however, we are planning a short 2-3 day trip later in the summer and would like to utilize disney's ME to and from the airport. i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a couple of questions...

1. how will having a late flight into orlando (arrival around 1000p) affect the process?

2. how, exactly, does it work on the RETURN ride to the airport? what if your return flight isn't until late afternoon / evening? considering that check-out is 1100a, what would you do with your luggage during that last day? or are you forced to book an early flight if you want to utilize ME get back to the airport?

thanks for the help....

Coming in late.....there might be less buses....meaning if you
just miss one....ya might have to wait....
My mom landed at 930 and waited about 20min....not to bad...

On the way home they pick you up 3 hrs before your flight....
You can leave your luggage with bell services....
About 15 min before your pickup....go pick up your luggage
and get on bus...
ME is great.....nice not driving anywhere.

What airline are you taking.....some airlines you can check in
to airport and give them your luggage at the airline
desk at hotel....next time you see your luggage is at home.
Kerri

1. how will having a late flight into orlando (arrival around 1000p) affect the process? Not really sure about coming in late, sorry...

2. how, exactly, does it work on the RETURN ride to the airport? what if your return flight isn't until late afternoon / evening? considering that check-out is 1100a, what would you do with your luggage during that last day? or are you forced to book an early flight if you want to utilize ME get back to the airport?Coming home..if we have a late afternoon (which we normally do) we check our luggage with Bell services and have lunch and hang around the resort. Then ME will pick you up about 3 hrs before your flight. If you are flying with certain airlines (i know Continental and Jetblue are 2) you can check in and get your boarding passes at the resort and they will take care of your luggage on the way home as well.
WE have used ME (with 3 children:P) about 5 times and have never had a problem, i think it is great! HOpe i could be of some help!!!

I tend to fly into MCO late. You will find shorter lines to check in for ME, and almost never a wait to get on your bus. However, you may have to wait on the bus for a while before it leaves. I think from a time standpoint, it balances out - but waiting on the bus is nicer than waiting in line, and the busses are emptier and quieter at night.

One issue with coming in late is what to do with your luggage. If your plane lands at 10 PM, and you are having ME pick up your luggage, it could easily be after midnight when they bring the bags to your room.

It should take an average of about 70 mins from deplaning to resort checkin...at least that's been my experience so far. The longest time was 90n mins but that was when POP was the third of three stops, with lots of luggage being dug out from under the bus. Arriving around 10 pm could mean that you wouldn't get your luggage until close to midnight..it's usually a few hours after you checkin at the resort. If that is going to be an issue for you, then do not attach the yellow tags to your checked bags, and just go to baggage claim and get them and then head to the DME desk. Your bags will then go underneath the bus you are on.

As far as the return to MCO...if you are flying on a participating airline (Airtran, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, United) you will be able to check your luggage right at your resort, and get your boarding passes issued. The desk to do this is open from 5 am until about 1 pm....you can check your luggage up to 12 hrs before your flight departure but no less than 3 hrs beforehand. So...if you have a departing flight at 7 am, you won't be able to use this perk. Also, if you leave at about 2 am, same thing since you can't check in past 1 pm. That leaves those flying between 1 am and 8 am out of luck. So....if you meet the requirements here, you can head to the checkin desk in the resort lobby early the morning of your departure. Be sure to have everyone in your party present, IDs in hand..this is the exact same thing as checking in at the airport. They will check ID's, tag your checked bags, give you your boarding passes, and you're good to go. You can leave your carryon bags with Bell Services and pick them up before you are due to leave on the DME bus.
Now, if you don't meet the above requirements, no big deal. Just leave all your luggage with Bell Services, go off and have fun, then when you return for your bus trip back to MCO, retreive your luggage and wait for the bus. Be sure to leave enough time at Bell Services though. It can be a longish wait to get your bags since there will be others doing the exact same thing.
DME will want you back at the bus stop, ready to leave, about 2 3/4 hrs before flight time, so plan accordingly.
Hope this helps a bit.

It should take an average of about 70 mins from deplaning to resort checkin...at least that's been my experience so far. The longest time was 90n mins but that was when POP was the third of three stops, with lots of luggage being dug out from under the bus. Arriving around 10 pm could mean that you wouldn't get your luggage until close to midnight..it's usually a few hours after you checkin at the resort. If that is going to be an issue for you, then do not attach the yellow tags to your checked bags, and just go to baggage claim and get them and then head to the DME desk. Your bags will then go underneath the bus you are on.

As far as the return to MCO...if you are flying on a participating airline (Airtran, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, United) you will be able to check your luggage right at your resort, and get your boarding passes issued. The desk to do this is open from 5 am until about 1 pm....you can check your luggage up to 12 hrs before your flight departure but no less than 3 hrs beforehand. So...if you have a departing flight at 7 am, you won't be able to use this perk. Also, if you leave at about 2 am, same thing since you can't check in past 1 pm. That leaves those flying between 1 am and 8 am out of luck. So....if you meet the requirements here, you can head to the checkin desk in the resort lobby early the morning of your departure. Be sure to have everyone in your party present, IDs in hand..this is the exact same thing as checking in at the airport. They will check ID's, tag your checked bags, give you your boarding passes, and you're good to go. You can leave your carryon bags with Bell Services and pick them up before you are due to leave on the DME bus.
Now, if you don't meet the above requirements, no big deal. Just leave all your luggage with Bell Services, go off and have fun, then when you return for your bus trip back to MCO, retreive your luggage and wait for the bus. Be sure to leave enough time at Bell Services though. It can be a longish wait to get your bags since there will be others doing the exact same thing.
DME will want you back at the bus stop, ready to leave, about 2 3/4 hrs before flight time, so plan accordingly.
Hope this helps a bit.

Hi, Diane! Just one correction to your post. AirTran is no longer a "participating airline" :sad2: They suddenly, and inexplicably, shut down their computer access at WDW. :confused3 (unfortunate for me, since that's the airline I use.)

I am a big fan of the limo services......$90 and you get picked up at hte airport right away and on the return picked up at the resort. Even though it cost some $$, you know you won't have to wait around for a bus or luggage. But I will admit I have yet to try ME, my wife likes the car seats for the kids and the quick service....
Brownie

I had not intentionally used the Magic Express service. But about a year ago, I was on a flight that was delayed a couple of hours going into MCO. I was to meet up with friends and rent a car. As I would be over 3 hours late, I sent my friend on to the hotel and gave Disney a call. They were more than willing to add as a passenger, and did it with a smile. I had arrived about 10-10:30pm and no issue getting on the bus. I think the major difference in the evening is that all the hotels start sharing a bus, rather than being directly assigned to a particular location. I plan on using the service in the future.

Hi, Diane! Just one correction to your post. AirTran is no longer a "participating airline" :sad2: They suddenly, and inexplicably, shut down their computer access at WDW. :confused3 (unfortunate for me, since that's the airline I use.)
Just received this today, maybe their site was just down for a day or so. But airtran clearly lists WDW hotels as pick up points. Like you we use them a lot $49. from Phila we can't drive that cheap.
http://www.airtran.com/programs/bags.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter