A Day in Hollywood - what to do?

elphie101

Left my heart in Tomorrowland
Hi all! DBF and I will be renting a car during our trip for one day (a Saturday) with the objective to explore the Hollywood area, etc. Here are our bullet points:

- Walk of Fame
- Chinese Theater
- El Capitan Theater and Disney soda fountain shop
- Somewhere to get good photos of the Hollywood sign
- Cast member stores in Anaheim (I'm a Florida CM)
- A beach! Any beach, can be close to DL or more towards the Hollywood area

What are we missing? Can anyone point us in the way of a good spot to see the Hollywood sign? I realize all of this is pretty tourist-y stuff, but since DBF has never been to CA (and we don't anticipate being able to return any time soon) we'd like to hit the sights while we can. We will only have the one day so I don't think tours etc are likely to happen.

Thanks so much!

Hi all! DBF and I will be renting a car during our trip for one day (a Saturday) with the objective to explore the Hollywood area, etc. Here are our bullet points:

- Walk of Fame
- Chinese Theater
- El Capitan Theater and Disney soda fountain shop
- Somewhere to get good photos of the Hollywood sign
- Cast member stores in Anaheim (I'm a Florida CM)
- A beach! Any beach, can be close to DL or more towards the Hollywood area

What are we missing? Can anyone point us in the way of a good spot to see the Hollywood sign? I realize all of this is pretty tourist-y stuff, but since DBF has never been to CA (and we don't anticipate being able to return any time soon) we'd like to hit the sights while we can. We will only have the one day so I don't think tours etc are likely to happen.

Thanks so much!
I found a lot of attractions on the go los angeles card info see: http://www.smartdestinations.com/attractionList.ep?filters=_d_Lax_Att&pass=go

I'm thiking about doing the WB studio tour and maybe the Paromount studios tour. Those are a couple of ideas. We already did the walk of fame and hollywood sign but I wasn't driving so, I cant give you tips on that one sorry :rolleyes: I know you said your not going to do tours but they are only like 2 hours and the WB was said to be amazing...

The top 4 things on your list can be covered by visiting the Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood (conveniently located at the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and Highland). Parking is $2.00 for 4 hours (I think) with a validation (get one at the customer service desk or at Starbucks). H&H is on the Walk of Fame, next door to the Chinese Theater, has a photo op for the Hollywood sign on the third or fourth level, is across the street from the El Capitan and the Soda Fountain, and is the home of the Dolby Theater (where the Oscars are held).
The last 2 things on your list could be covered in one afternoon (if you did Hollywood in the morning). You could shop at Company D (the CM store) and then visit Huntington Beach or Newport Beach.
Hope this helps! Have a nice trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter