A December Pre-Trip Report

Charade67

DIS Veteran
I have never done one of these before, but I thought why not give it a shot. So...here goes........

Several months ago I attended a friend's 50th birthday party. This got me to thinking about what I should do on my 50th. Since my birthday is so close to Christmas I have never had a big celebration. I decided that I wanted to go to Orlando and act like a kid. My first though was Disney, but we were just there the last week of 2015. My family and I also want to wait until the Star Wars area is complete before we go back. I then thought of Universal. We were last there in 2013. All members of my family (me, husband, and teenage daughter) are fans of Harry Potter. We are really looking forward to riding the Hogwarts Express and exploring Diagon Alley.

My husband originally wanted to do the 3 Universal parks, Sea World, Discovery Cove, and Busch Gardens. Fortunately I managed to convince him to keep it simple and just stick to the 3 Universal parks. I want to be able to come and go as we please and not feel rushed on this trip. Right now the plan is to fly in late on the 15th and leave on the 22nd.

My original plan was to spend most of the 16th at the park then have a birthday supper at Toothsome. (I love chocolate. My husband loves steampunk. Its a win-win.) Today we discovered that the Trans-Siberian Orchestra will be at the Amway Center on the 16th. Now the plan is parks in the morning, early supper at Toothsome, and then concert. The rest of the week we will just sort of go with the flow. I know my husband and daughter will want to spend at least one day at Volcano Bay. I don't care much for water parks, so I will probably spend some time alone at the other two parks.

Oh, I almost forgot - I starting reading these message boards and decided to stay at the Royal Pacific Resort. Normally I would have picked a less expensive hotel, but I really want the express passes.

I guess that. Is about it for now. The hard part now is waiting for the next 4 months to pass.

I just bought tickets for Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I think that's the last thing I needed for this trip. Now I just have to wait.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned...what a wonderful way to celebrate turning 50.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Awesome way to go. Tickets, Hotel, and Airfare. That deserves a Woot! Looking forward to hearing about your birthday trip.

have you started packing yet........lol
I sorta have. I've put all of the shorts and some of the shirts I am planning to wear together in my closet.
I’m not really an early packer. I will probably do most of my packing either the day before or the day we leave. We have a very late flight.

Well Charade, tonight is the start of this fabulous trip to the Darkside.....

I went outside and waved to the planes that were flying over my way a few minutes ago.

Hope you have a smooth landing and have a fantastic vacation this week!

Well Charade, tonight is the start of this fabulous trip to the Darkside.....

I went outside and waved to the planes that were flying over my way a few minutes ago.

Hope you have a smooth landing and have a fantastic vacation this week!
Thank you!!
We got to the hotel at 2:00 this morning. It is now 9:30 and we are just starting to get moving. I think today will be a relaxing day. Big concert tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!