A Fantasy trip Far Far Away

Online check-in complete!

giphy.gif

PAT: 10:30

Sea Day: BBB Appointment (I'm guessing I'll cancel)
Palo Brunch for the adults (I wish we had a different time, but 12 is certainly not a bad thing.)
Princess Gathering & Frozen Meets (I only booked for DD and me. Since they are ticketing individuals now, I didn't want to have a kid not be able to get a ticket just so my parents could take pictures.)

Cozumel: Pinata Excursion

Grand Cayman: 8:30 Character Breakfast. It's early, but we want to make sure we have time to do the Turtle Farm.

Overall experience: Sheesh, this was annoying. And now it's late.

giphy.gif

We've always been concierge before, so this is the first time I did it myself. Even though our reservations are linked, I had to go back and forth between rooms to book everyone in an activity. Also, I could not list my parents as able to pick up DD from the clubs. However, our reservations WERE linked enough for me to link our on-board accounts. This was true for our friends we are traveling with too. As usual, DCL's priorities are crystal clear.

giphy.gif

Ugh, online check in is always an adventure :headache: Sounds like you got everything that you wanted though so that's good! Once the check in is done it's just a slow slide down to cruise-time!! Ours is coming up in just over 3 weeks, I can't believe it!

giphy.gif

And here I thought I wouldn't update again for a while.

I went ahead and booked a dolphin encounter in Falmouth in case our friends decided that's what they wanted to do. It looks like they are going to do dolphins in Grand Cayman though, so I will probably cancel that one. Strange thing though, is that our dining reservations are in different seating times. Not sure if we should move back to second seating so we can be sure we are together or if we should just hope that they get moved to early. Ugh. This is annoyingly complicated.

All of this Caribbean planning, and we have been booking Alaska excursions at the same time. We have Juneau planned already, I'm in talks with a group in Ketchikan, and I'm pretty sure we know what we will do in Skagway too. However, I think I'll still wait and post a separate Alaska PTR at some point.

Not sure if we should move back to second seating so we can be sure we are together or if we should just hope that they get moved to early. Ugh. This is annoyingly complicated.

If you want to be in main seating, I would advise to wait. If all fails, you can still go to the place where they deal with dining assignments on the first night and see if you can all be moved together. It usually is never a problem to move to second seating if you decide on short notice that this is what you want to do. Just make sure that they have actually requested to be moved to main dining!

Online check-in complete!

giphy.gif

PAT: 10:30

Sea Day: BBB Appointment (I'm guessing I'll cancel)
Palo Brunch for the adults (I wish we had a different time, but 12 is certainly not a bad thing.)
Princess Gathering & Frozen Meets (I only booked for DD and me. Since they are ticketing individuals now, I didn't want to have a kid not be able to get a ticket just so my parents could take pictures.)

Cozumel: Pinata Excursion

Grand Cayman: 8:30 Character Breakfast. It's early, but we want to make sure we have time to do the Turtle Farm.

Overall experience: Sheesh, this was annoying. And now it's late.

giphy.gif

We've always been concierge before, so this is the first time I did it myself. Even though our reservations are linked, I had to go back and forth between rooms to book everyone in an activity. Also, I could not list my parents as able to pick up DD from the clubs. However, our reservations WERE linked enough for me to link our on-board accounts. This was true for our friends we are traveling with too. As usual, DCL's priorities are crystal clear.

giphy.gif

This was really helpful :) I'll be booking our 'stuff' myself too and I'm considering it all--thinking about BBB for the girls and trying to think of an equivalent item for the little guy. I think we're going rogue at Grand Cayman too--we have friends that live there and I'm pretty comfortable with the island. I want to show my kids the stingrays and the turtles if possible! My favorite beach there--Rum Point--is a bit of a drive and perhaps not worth the driving time.

Cozumel is the one I was most considering skipping... but we'll see.

When you booked the excursions, do you pay at that time or just hold the reservation with a credit card number? Just wondering if it's easy to book placeholders and then cancel--if so, I may overbook initially.

When you booked the excursions, do you pay at that time or just hold the reservation with a credit card number? Just wondering if it's easy to book placeholders and then cancel--if so, I may overbook initially.

Thanks for following and I'm glad you found it helpful!

You actually don't pay until you take the excursion, so feel free to book away!

Well, it's February so I guess I should check in if only for myself.

IMG_0570.JPG

So the full X is complete and the half X is in progress or ordered. So, we are getting there! Just over a month to go. Lots of people in my cruise group have their documents. Not me though. Any day now!

giphy.gif

So close, but still so far!

This weekend we try on clothes. This is especially true for my daughter. I'm afraid the amazon child may have outgrown all her warm weather clothes. Good thing the stores are already stocking spring stuff.

giphy.gif

I'm sure I'll be posting more frequent updates. AND, the Alaska planning is going very well. We've got excursions booked for all of our ports. Woohoo!

Last edited:

Hi! We are sailing with you! I just found your pre-trip report and wanted to say hello :). We are SO excited about this cruise! We are sailing with friends, but always looking to meet more friends! I have gone so far overboard (Ha! Pun intended!) with the FE gifts. This is going to be so much fun!

Hi! We are sailing with you! I just found your pre-trip report and wanted to say hello :). We are SO excited about this cruise! We are sailing with friends, but always looking to meet more friends! I have gone so far overboard (Ha! Pun intended!) with the FE gifts. This is going to be so much fun!
Fun!! I hope we get to meet on board.

Well, Saturday was the one month mark and, as someone in the cruise meet said, it's Disney magic because February is the shortest month!

giphy.gif

DD got her Mickey call and that was awesome as always. I also pulled out the ring chain which is the real sign that things are getting closer.

IMG_0594.JPG

I finished sewing my FE gifts this weekend and organizing the special stuff for the kids too. Now, I just have to package them. So, that's a relief.

I think I'm also finished buying things for our travel party.

IMG_0600.JPG

I've also started thinking about packing.

IMG_0599.JPG

Last week we pulled out the warm weather clothes. Do you know how fast 4 year old grow? I'll let you in on a secret: they grow very fast.

giphy.gif

So this week has been spent buying clothes that will actually fit her. Thank you carters for 50% off the entire store!

Luckily I still have clothes but I didn't realize how worn out my shorts were. They will be ok, but I did order a couple pairs to replace them. If I don't like them though, it won't be a problem.

It's so close! But this is totally the period where time moves fast and slow.

giphy.gif

Humph. I had to remake my tickers. Somehow I entered my date in wrong for this cruise and my Alaska ticker wasn't showing up. Now they are both set back at the beginning. That is very unsatisfying.

Ugh, I constantly have ticker issues, too! :sad2: The dang things are not very user friendly!

But 3 weeks today you will be sailing away on the beautiful Fantasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely going to start knocking out some more trip report tomorrow :thumbsup2

T-minus 10 days till I fly to Florida! Well 10 days minus one hour because of the time change. Haha!

It's currently 2:00 in the morning. Major storms are blowing through so I've got a 40 pound dog trying to climb under the covers while DH snores loudly next to me. Who needs sleep?

200w.gif

I'm making good progress on packing. Tomorrow (today) I'll go to the Disney store to pick up our copy of moana as a surprise for DD to watch on the plane. My mom also wants me to buy her a new lightsaber. Being the only grandchild is a struggle.

I also got the travel authorization letter notorized since DH isn't traveling with us. They didn't ask last time but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Still on my to do list is printing all the documents, double checking clothes packing lists, packing sunscreen, getting a haircut, and getting my nails done. Most of that will happen next week.

Our friends are getting super excited and it's been fun to talk about the trip and answer questions. Almost single digits! Can't wait to get this show on the road.

For now I guess I'll go read more menus or something until things quiet down again. :sad2:

Major storms are blowing through so I've got a 40 pound dog trying to climb under the covers while DH snores loudly next to me. Who needs sleep?

:rotfl:
Sorry that you can't sleep! At least you have the DIS to keep you company! And hopefully you get some better sleep the next days to have lots of energy to go through your list of things to do before you leave.

IMG_0665.JPG

That happened on the way home. One week from today I'll be on a plane to Florida!

It is SO close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!