A few questions for our next trip . . .

lilpixie

When I grow up, I want to be a Disney Princess
Hi :wave2: -- I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions:

Is there a Snow White show in the Fantasyland theatre? We checked the entertainment pamphlet that you get when you enter, but never saw a listing. Are there any other shows here?

Is there a way you can find out scheduled appearances for characters? It would be so nice to know in advance what time/location for characters. I didn't know if the info booth would tell this or not.

Where have you found the best package deals? We went thru get away today and they totally messed up our hotel! We were supposed to be across the street and ended up being 20 minutes away (which normally wouldn't be that big of a deal but the hotel's big shuttle bus was broken and they were using tiny vans and kept messing up our shuttle times). Didn't know what other places gave great deals on airfare, hotel, and tickets.

Also, how did you find out all the details like early entry, toontown madness, etc? We had one early entry day and didn't even know about it. We heard about other people having it and asked a CM about it at the park and sure enough we had one early entry day. What other perks can you get thru various package deals?

thanks so much for any info :wave:

The snow white show I think is gone for now. Not sure if it is coming back. Can't help you with the package deals. I usually just check DL website and their calendar info. I think the character areas and times are given at the door.

Can't help much with package deals because I find it MUCH cheaper to book everything separately and also, I'm in Canada.
But, any park hopper bonus ticket has one early entry day. You can check with your hotel for which days ee is offered (or the gate of course).
As for the characters, that can change daily and they don't publish the list of who is where. However, you can ask at city hall that day and they can tell you where to find a particular character.

lilpixie said:
Hi :wave2: -- I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions:

Is there a Snow White show in the Fantasyland theatre? Are there any other shows here?

Is there a way you can find out scheduled appearances for characters? .

Where have you found the best package deals? .

Also, how did you find out all the details like early entry, toontown madness, etc?
thanks so much for any info :wave:

I believe Snow White is on hiatus until summer. Not quite sure though since ELP was suppose to be on hiatus til summer but is coming back daily during the 2 week spring break peak. The only other show I know about at Dinseyland is Bill Hill and the Hillbillies, besides the parades, fanatsmic and the fireworks. There are a little actitivies such as Flag Retreat Ceremony, Sowrd in the Stone and occasionally a band at Club Buzz. The best place to find out what activities are going on dialy is by checking out calendar on the disneyland website. Schedules are put roughly 1-2 months ahead of time though.

Regarding finding out where character are suppose to be for meet and greets. I think you can ask at City Hall.

Package deals are hardly if ever money-saving deals. We've booked our vacation individually by ourselves, have used getawaytoday.com and aaa travel. Depedning on what we wanted for our trips is how we booked each. We used aaa last year since we were staying at the GCH and by booking through them rather than WDTC or on our own, we were able to get enhanced fastpass. The previous years, we used getawaytoday since their total cost was inclusive of hotel, tax, and parkhoppers. We were suppose to go in Jan and had made reservations directly with DLH. Since we were iffy about doing a road trip in Jan, it made sense since there was no cancelation fee when just booking a hotel. We ended up canceling that trip. We're going at the end of the month. Expedia and the disney website was showing no availability for th DLH, but getaway was, so we've booked with them for our next trip. Booking through WDTC and AAA gets you a coupon book, a replica map when the park opened in 1955, pins and lanyards for everyone in your party, preferrd seating at Aladdin, Bug's Life and one other show in DCA (i forgot which), and entry into Mickey's Toon town morning madness. Getaway.com packages include 1 lanyard and pin and a coupon book. We've never used costco travel, but I believe those pacakages come with a character meal.

ToonTown Madness can only be had by booking hotel and parkhoppers through WDTC or AAA travel. Early entry is available on most 3+day parkhoppers (i say most because i believe the military parkhoppers do not have an early entry day) for 1 day only (mon, tues, thur or sat). Since last May, however, guest of the DLR hotels have been able to get ee on multiple days so long as it is during their stay in one of the 3 hotels. They must show their white room charge slip at the turnstiles.

If you decide to book on your own, aaa parkhoppers come with free parking. That's a $10 savings a day if you inted to drive and park each day. Have fun planning your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter