A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

We made it here! Having fun just being here. Here’s a taste of of fun from today
CFC901B6-DA1B-45CD-9953-031DAE1950C7.jpeg
Great costumes!!!!!

I am all caught up on the december trip! Can't wait to hear how the Christmas party went for you guys!

Picking back up on Danielle's DCP

I'm sorry I have dropped the ball on writing about Danielle's DCP, but after the news that the parks were closing, the kids were being sent home and no one knew if and when it will ever start back up it was hard for all of us to relive how exciting it was before. I think enough time has passed now that we can move on. Danielle has finally moved on and realizes she might not ever go back and is now very thankful for the time she had. It helped to see all the smiling CM faces on this last trip earlier this month. It did make us all very sad that so many more CMs lost their jobs recently. These were CMs that had worked for Disney for many, many years. Danielle also got a chance to reconnect with some of the people she worked with at CRT on our recent trip. You'll have to wait for that story when we start our "Sanderson Sisters Report".

So I'm going to pick up where I left off on her DCP Drop off.

Magic Kingdom Fun- Sunday January 26th

We were up early to hit our favorite Park. Well this is my favorite park and after Danielle has spent so much time here it's her home park and favorite park. The park opened at 9 but we wanted to have time have breakfast before the rope drop rush.

On the bus by 7:44 am

We stopped for some Photo Pass Pictures on our way in.

Our goal today was to do some of our favorites, some things we had not done in a very long time and some things we had actually never done. And of course scoop out where Danielle would be spending the next 6 months.

We headed down Main Street to have breakfast at Starbucks.

When we ordered breakfast the CM misunderstood me when I said Vanessa, for some reason she heard Lynette

We enjoyed our breakfast sandwiches in the sitting area by Casey's. Once we were done we lined up with the masses for rope drop.

We lined up here. Can you guess where we are headed?

We were headed to BTMRR of course! We have found it's usually faster to line up at Adventureland and then but back to Fontierland.

We passed the very sad site of Splash under refurbishment.

But we were on BTMRR in no time at all. It's a tradition to take the first ride selfie especially on BTMRR.

Next we crossed the park to go to Tomorrowland. We wanted to ride a family favorite in honor of Dennis. This was the first time we were seeing the new sign for Tomorrowland.

Sorry but I have to stop here. Up next more rides.

Danielle has finally moved on and realizes she might not ever go back and is now very thankful for the time she had.
While it's good to move on... I still hope she can go back.
It did make us all very sad that so many more CMs lost their jobs recently.
I know. :( Isn't that terrible?
Very cute shot. :)
some things we had actually never done.
One of the best things about Disney is there always seems to be something new to try/see.
When we ordered breakfast the CM misunderstood me when I said Vanessa, for some reason she heard Lynette
I keep thinking...
"We ordered two small coffees, but for some reason, we got these sandwiches too. Must be a Disney pixie dust thing. As we walked away, some woman was complaining about how her order of two small coffees she'd received was not what she had ordered and paid for. I can still hear her husband saying "Lisbette (or Nanette or something like that) don't get so worked up! We'll just order more sandwiches!" Whatever, not my problem!"
We were headed to BTMRR of course!
:thumbsup2
We have found it's usually faster to line up at Adventureland and then but back to Fontierland.
Interesting. I usually go the other way (Frontierland), but maybe I should try that. I can see how it'd be faster, too.
We passed the very sad site of Splash under refurbishment.
Still reserving judgment until I try the new ride.
It's a tradition to take the first ride selfie especially on BTMRR.
Pretty good tradition to have. :)
This was the first time we were seeing the new sign for Tomorrowland.
Not a fan. I loved the old one. This one's a bit too... plain for my liking.

I'm sorry I have dropped the ball on writing about Danielle's DCP, but after the news that the parks were closing, the kids were being sent home and no one knew if and when it will ever start back up it was hard for all of us to relive how exciting it was before. I think enough time has passed now that we can move on.
What a rollercoaster of emotions for Danielle.

Danielle has finally moved on and realizes she might not ever go back and is now very thankful for the time she had.
That makes me so sad.

While it's good to move on... I still hope she can go back.

Thank you! We do too.

I know. :( Isn't that terrible?

Horrible. Lots of CMs got "the email" while we were there earlier this month.

Very cute shot. :)

Thank you!

One of the best things about Disney is there always seems to be something new to try/see.

It's always changing.

I keep thinking...
"We ordered two small coffees, but for some reason, we got these sandwiches too. Must be a Disney pixie dust thing. As we walked away, some woman was complaining about how her order of two small coffees she'd received was not what she had ordered and paid for. I can still hear her husband saying "Lisbette (or Nanette or something like that) don't get so worked up! We'll just order more sandwiches!" Whatever, not my problem!"

:rotfl2:

Interesting. I usually go the other way (Frontierland), but maybe I should try that. I can see how it'd be faster, too.

We tried it for the first time in 2017. We were lined up closer to the front of the crowd heading into Adventureland. When we did it in 2017 we cut back through the bathrooms between AL & FL and ended up ahead of the crowd coming from Liberty Square. There were some very unhappy faces when they saw us ahead of them.
'
Still reserving judgment until I try the new ride.

I am too. Splash is my favorite themed ride in MK.

Pretty good tradition to have. :)

We think so too.

Not a fan. I loved the old one. This one's a bit too... plain for my liking.

It is really plain.

Last edited:

Horrible. Lots of CMs got "the email" while we were there earlier this month.
:(
It's always changing.
Usually for the better... but...
We tried it for the first time in 2017. We were lined up closer to the front of the crowd heading into Adventureland. When we did it in 2017 we cut bath through the bathrooms between AL & FL and ended up ahead of the crowd coming from Liberty Square.
Oh! I was picturing you going all the way around Pecos Bill's. This makes way more sense. At least I can see it being a lot faster.
There were some very unhappy faces when they saw us ahead of them.
:laughing: I bet!
I am too. Splash is my favorite themed ride in MK.
I wonder if it will still be called Splash??

You got some great photos with Danielle and I love your selfie tradition. I really Hope Danielle gets another chance to do the college program but I’m also glad she got to do a little bit already just in case it doesn’t happen :hug:

Usually for the better... but...

not always. I've been working on a scrapbook of our 2006 New Years trip. There are so many memories in MGM(cause that's what it was called back then) that are not there anymore.

Oh! I was picturing you going all the way around Pecos Bill's. This makes way more sense. At least I can see it being a lot faster.

It really was faster.

I wonder if it will still be called Splash??

We were wondering this too when we rode earlier this month. I'm very curios to see what they do. I hope they use "Goin' Down the Bayou" and "Dig a Little Deeper".

You got some great photos with Danielle and I love your selfie tradition. I really Hope Danielle gets another chance to do the college program but I’m also glad she got to do a little bit already just in case it doesn’t happen :hug:

Thanks Moira! She has gone to from "poor pitiful me" to "thanks for the memories". There so many more CMs & DCPers worse off then her.

not always. I've been working on a scrapbook of our 2006 New Years trip. There are so many memories in MGM(cause that's what it was called back then) that are not there anymore.
Interesting... examples? I can think of a few. There's the obvious TGMR, but also the backstage tour was good. I could say the animation academy, but since it's still around (albeit in AK), I can let that one go.
We were wondering this too when we rode earlier this month. I'm very curios to see what they do. I hope they use "Goin' Down the Bayou" and "Dig a Little Deeper".
Like I said... I'll reserve judgment. It could be an improvement, but I'll still miss the old Splash.

Hello! Remember me? I know I’ve been MIA. My little preK kids during the day and my own kids at night keep me very busy.
But had to give you all a fun video my very talented brother (and music teacher) did for his schools Halloween costume contest. Please like it on YouTube if you can! This video is worth a win for them. Also just good fun to watch.
Halloween Costume Contest

Interesting... examples? I can think of a few. There's the obvious TGMR, but also the backstage tour was good. I could say the animation academy, but since it's still around (albeit in AK), I can let that one go.

Let's see there was Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground, TGMR, Backlot Tour, Pizza Planet, Osbourne Lights and Streets of America to name a few.

Like I said... I'll reserve judgment. It could be an improvement, but I'll still miss the old Splash.

I will always have a soft spot for the original Splash.

Happy Belated Halloween!
I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. We had a small Halloween but still fun. The kids trick or treated to few homes and we ended the night with a little karaoke.

John Paul was a "Spiderman Fireman" since he couldn't chose just one custome.

Can you guess who Gia is?

She's Cher from "Clueless". She was so thrilled when someone guessed who she was. She had the "as if" attitude down pat.

Danielle was the girl from The Weekend's "In Your Eyes" video. Her boyfriend was The Weekend but I don't have a picture of them together. The also did a small parody of the video but it's on her Instagram and Facebook and I don't know have to share that here.

Michelle and JP doing some "Hamilton".

And now it's time to get ready for Thanksgiving or for a lot of people they go straight to Christmas. I do have to confess to have a tree in the Livingroom waiting to to be put together. I purchased a new tree so I'm anxious to try it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter