A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Nothing firm yet, but... around June 14-19?

I turn 30 and Danielle turns 21 the week before July 4th. So I'm flying in the weekend before July 4th to take my baby sister drinking around the world! We always celebrate every big thing here at a Mexican restaurant, but since Danielle won't be home, we made a reservation in Mexico (world showcase) for our joint birthday dinner. But it looks like we'll be in the week after you!

I turn 30 and Danielle turns 21 the week before July 4th. So I'm flying in the weekend before July 4th to take my baby sister drinking around the world! We always celebrate every big thing here at a Mexican restaurant, but since Danielle won't be home, we made a reservation in Mexico (world showcase) for our joint birthday dinner. But it looks like we'll be in the week after you!
Well poop!
But... sounds like you ladies will have a wonderful time! :)

Nothing firm yet, but... around June 14-19?

I'm happy you're going back but that's earlier than when Michelle will be there.

Unfortunately... Never made that mistake again!

When we stayed in 2017 I made a walk around to see all the different areas and that one is really far out there.

You gotta have it. Because you can.

Exactly! I have one now. It came with the band I ordered.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me sharing some of Danielle's DCP experience?

Yes! Please do! I saw the photos you shared of her celebrating Mardi Gras and thought they looked so fun. Would enjoy hearing how she's doing working in the MK.

Yes! Absolutely!!

A positive vote.

Yes please. :mickeyjum

Another yes vote.

Another affirmative.

Yes! Please do! I saw the photos you shared of her celebrating Mardi Gras and thought they looked so fun. Would enjoy hearing how she's doing working in the MK.

I've really enjoyed what she had shared with us and been jealous.

Would love to hear about how things are going for her!

Another yes.

I'll go back through what she has shared but I think I'll start with our experience when I brought her down. I'll do the good and the bad.

Last edited:
When I returned from the bathroom they were still waiting. This was not a good sign. You know how it is, when you you get to Orlando and you just want to hurry and get inside the bubble, when you just want to say you're HOME.
YES! That part of the trip seems to go in slow motion!

As we approached ME check in you could see the crowd. This is was what greeted us.
YIKES!!!!

Here's Dennis getting irritated with me taking so many pictures.
Ha!

Up next DHS. Bus or Skyliner?
Skyliner!!!!! FOR SURE!

After we scarfed down our adequate burger and fries we passed back by the room to drop off our mugs. Believe it or not we actually passed the cart bringing our luggage to our room. It was really nice to know our other half of bags made it with no trouble.
Do you think the guys were confused that there was already some suitcases in the room? That seemed fast!

We passed by Lady and said our farewell and headed towards Tramp because of course we were not going to miss our first opportunity to test out the SKYLINER!
Yeah!

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me sharing some of Danielle's DCP experience?
OF COURSE!!!!!! I sadly did not see here when we were there.

All caught up again. :) I'm running out of weekend to multi-quote, but your morning on the Skyliner and getting your AP sounded like it was all mostly hassle-free. :) I loved my little orange AP chit as well, and I'm sorry you didn't get one. I forgot mine last trip and was told they couldn't replace it- "Only one per AP is given". Um, okay, but you can get one online...? hmmm....

It'd be fun to hear about her DCP stuff. Back when I was a CM, it was called Disney University and very different I'm sure now.

I’d love to hear all about it!😊👍

Another vote for DCP info.

OF COURSE!!!!!! I sadly did not see here when we were there.

I'm sorry you missed her. She's not always outside at the podium.

Yeeeeeeeees! (Please)

( my quote didn’t work but pretty sure you know what I am talking about);

I'm guessing you want DCP info too.

It'd be fun to hear about her DCP stuff. Back when I was a CM, it was called Disney University and very different I'm sure now.

I'm sure it's very different now. I don't get all the details but she shares some and she shares her pictures of some of her adventures.

YES! That part of the trip seems to go in slow motion!

Yes it does and the departure just speeds by.

Do you think the guys were confused that there was already some suitcases in the room? That seemed fast!

I bet they have cases coming from all over if people are meeting up and sharing rooms. I thought our luggage traveled to Pop really fast compared to how long it took it to come off the plane. I was very relieved it made it.

I loved my little orange AP chit as well, and I'm sorry you didn't get one. I forgot mine last trip and was told they couldn't replace it- "Only one per AP is given". Um, okay, but you can get one online...? hmmm....

When I ordered my complimentary magic band it was delivered with the orange chit. I'm going to be real careful not to lose it since I now know it can't be replaced.

How I lost my youngest child to Disney-DCP Adventures

Application

As some of you know my youngest daughter Danielle is currently in Walt Disney World living her dream and working for Disney. It was not an easy path but she stuck with it. She first applied for the DCP (Disney College Program) for Fall 2019 but never got out of "application received". We even traveled to Atlanta so she could try out for a character in hopes of getting accepted as a character performer. She made it though the tryouts but was not placed as a character and ended out getting the dreaded NLIC (no longer in consideration) the last week. She was heart broken. I believe everything happens for a reason and it just wasn't her time.

She applied again for Spring Advantage 2020. There are 2 Spring programs, one is just the regular Spring which has kids come in starting in January but they leave around May. Spring Advantage s arrives starting in January but stay till July. She did her research and prepared herself much better for this application. She researched the positions she would like to do and only applied for those. There are lots of positions for DCP but you shouldn't apply for everything but also shouldn't limit yourself. They are looking to fill the positions they are losing so they want applicants that they can fill with those jobs. Lots of young adults don't make it though the program due to not liking their position so they shouldn't apply for something they will not like doing. The most common positions that are visible to us regular folks are custodial, life guards, merchandise and quick service but there are so many other positions. Danielle's top choice was "seater" but that wasn't the only position she listed. She has been working at a local restaurant since she was a junior in High School. She started as a hostess and moved up to waitress. She inherited her job from Michelle. Michelle worked at this same restaurant through High School and College until she got her "big girl job" her last year at LSU.

Application for Spring dropped on August 19th. Danielle waited until August 20th to apply. This is what it looked like after she applied. You can see her NLIC from Fall 2019.

Within minutes she got this.

She had made it out of "application received". Later that night once she was home she set up her interview. She made sure to set it up when she didn't have class and wasn't working.

She wanted us to be home when she did her interview but Michelle had something I had to help her with so she had to do it on her own. She nailed it!

Her interview was Friday afternoon. The next week she received this.

Once you get your offer you only have a few days to accept the offer and pay the required fees. She had to also pick her arrival and departure days based on what was offered. Somewhere in the process she found out her position so she knew before she accepted that her offer was for "seater". At the time she was thrilled with her offer. She had lost of experience and felt it was a great fit. She would also have lots of chances to make magic and let be honest since it's Florida and hot this meant she would most likely be inside and not in the heat. We celebrated at our local Mexican restaurant that we celebrate most family events.

She spent the next months going to LSU, enjoying the best football season ever and getting ready for her internship. There are several Facebook groups for DCPers. She joined one for Spring Advantage and one for Seaters. She might have joined more but those were the ones she spent most of her time. Disney use to let incoming DCPers request all there roommates or elect for random. Incoming for Spring could request there actual roommate but not their other apartment mates. You need to match up with someone coming in and leaving with your same dates. She ended up meeting a lovely girl from Minnesota, I'm going to call her Z. Within the Spring Advantage group another young lady was looking for roommates that were ok with a dog in the apartment. She has an approved support animal. Danielle loves animals so she and Z jumped on that. All roommates had to agree before so after a bit they had 5 girls and the dog. The roommate with the dog would have a bedroom for just the girl and her dog. They all agreed on requesting a 3 bedroom and asking for Vista. Vista is the oldest apartment complex and the cheapest. I have raised my daughter to be conservative with her money. It will be the first complex they tear down when the new complexes open. The young lady with the dog I'm going to call Co. She sent her request in asking for the other 4 as roommates. Disney would not confirm if this was all accepted but would only tell her it was taken care of. Co and the other 2 roommates Mi and Me would arrive the week before Danielle and Z. I'm not going to leave you in suspense, they did all end up together in a 3 bedroom apartment at Vista. The week before each girl was to report they were sent an email telling them which apartment complex they had and where they would be working. Danielle hit the lottery and got Cinderella's Castle. We really wanted her to get Magic Kingdom but this was beyond our highest hopes. This email also gave her the time she was to check into the apartment, go to casting for information and fill out more paperwork and her time for "Traditions". You're not official until you've been to Traditions.

Michelle already posted the pictures from her going away get together at our favorite Mexican restaurant. The plan was for me to drive her down on Saturday. We would play in a park on Sunday and she would check in at Vista on Monday. I planned on spending some time in Epcot before flying back home Tuesday night, leaving my baby with Disney.

We tried to load the car as much as possible on Friday night.

Michelle and JP came over to say their goodbyes.

This is what the car looked like before we pulled out. I could not see out the back or sides which made for a very scary ride. Luckily the traffic wasn't bad.

She said goodbye to Dennis before we pulled out.

We headed out at 5:01 with a projected arrival of 5:10.

continued. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter