A little dark side, a little Disney - August 2017 TR - updated 9/27x2

Once we got done with that, we headed over to King’s Cross and hopped the Hogwart’s Express (love!) for our lunch reservation at Mythos.

station_zpskeyn7csk.jpg

hedwig_zpsrjhlu5ou.jpg

Hello Hedwig! (RIP)

After the wonderful wand choosing ceremony at Ollivander’s and a 20 minute wait at the HE, we were extremely late for our Mythos reservation. I mean really bad. I can’t even type how bad because it’s embarrassing. When we got there, I told the hostess the truth and she smiled, said no problem and fit us in. We only waited 10 minutes before we were seated. The place wasn’t full, thank goodness.

mythos2_zpsrhzvdajg.jpg

mythos1_zpskpevcl0a.jpg

someone is enjoying his bread

We liked the food but loved the atmosphere and the fact that we were able to get out of the heat and sit down. At just mid-day, we were already very hot and sweaty. They had ice-cold water in the lobby for those waiting and I thought this was a nice touch.

mythos5_zps0rk7zttc.jpg

kids cheeseburger - he ate every bite

mythos3_zpsw7uobfnr.jpg

chicken greek salad - mom ate every bite, loved it

mythos4_zpsymmhfb7l.jpg

chicken sandwich - I enjoyed it, Q finished my fries

After our lunch, we walked up to Hogsmeade.

entrance_zpsxlmmsnai.jpg

hogsmeade_zpsaovobcti.jpg

Q and I rode Dragon Challenge (RIP) on the blue side, mom went on the red (front row). Q hated this ride and told me, “I just don’t think I’m a big rollercoaster person after all”. Ok then. This would come up again later.

Picked up my bag and our hats, helped someone with their locker :rolleyes2 and we made our way over to check out Honeydukes. Q wanted everything but was, surprisingly, still full from lunch, so he didn’t make a stink. I’d told him on the way over that morning that he could have two things – whatever he wanted. The wand was thing one. I could tell the gears in his head were cranking about what thing two would be.

I fought an insane crowd of people to put my stuff away and find a locker at Forbidden Journey next and again, even with EP, we had a bit of a wait. I’d say 25 minutes total. It was not bad, though, as it allowed us to check out the queue, which is amazing. We all loved this ride – mine and Q’s favorite. Of course we were dumped in the shop and Q found what thing two would be.

fawkes_zpshl8bpqmj.jpg

His name shall be Fawkesy and I shall call him Fawkesy
He absolutely loves him.

At this point in the afternoon, it was so hot that I was starting to get cranky. We decided to ride Flight of the Hippogriff before heading over to HE back to Diagon Alley. We made it to the gates to get on and the train on the track stopped. For 20 minutes. Standing in the blazing FL, August sun for 20 minutes. I overhead the TM who called for a maintenance person say that it was because the cart was over its weight capacity. This seemed silly to me because it looked like a normal mix of kids and normal-sized adults. Who knows! I think was just hot and done with people being near me.

After visiting Hagrid and Buckbeak, we got in line for the Hogwart’s Express and it was down. We stood in a long, long line outside in the sun for 15 minutes before we even got into the station. Once in line on the platform, we were told it was going to be down for an extended time. Nope, not waiting. At this point it was about 2:30pm. We had dinner reservations and we were all really hot and tired.

We walked down through IOA and out to the water ferry dock. Got back to our hotel, stopped at the car to bring our stuff up and made it to the room.

Everybody showered and changed and rested.

Around 5pm we made our way down to the ferry dock but it closed due to lightening. It was cloudy, but not raining, so we decided to walk over to City Walk – Antojito’s. We just made it there when the sky opened up. Whew!

I have exactly zero pictures of our dinner but I will say that it was delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed the tableside guacamole and queso dip. They serve the queso with warm, fresh flour tortillas and chips… OMG so good. Mom and I shared the veggie fajitas and Q had a gigantic quesadilla. We enjoyed the mariachi band that played as well. It was all so good, I didn't even rest to take pictures.

When dinner was over, we put on our ponchos and walked over to IOA. We’d been trying to get Q to ride Hulk, but after Dragon Challenge, he wouldn’t do it. Mom rode it, though, and by the time she got off it had stopped raining. She loved the ride (front row, of course).

After that we hit Spider Man and Kong with intent to make it back to the train. Q eyed all of the Jurassic Park stuff but wouldn’t do the ride. But, alas, when we got there, the dang Hogwarts Express was still down. I was really bummed and kind of mad. We just walked around Hogsmeade for a while – bought Q a pin and us some keychains; casted a few spells.

casting_zpsz0wooo3x.jpg

After the disappointment of HE being down, we all just wanted to go back to the room because we’d been tired and hot all day. On the way out, we rode the Seuss train (the name escapes me) and watched the Hulk a few times, still trying to get Q to ride. No dice.

Got a water ferry and back to the room pretty quickly. We all fell asleep shortly thereafter. We had an important breakfast reservation the next morning!

O’hana coming up next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!