A little panic, a little peace

dtkids

Mouseketeer
First trip planned for Dec 16-22, park days 17-21. Me, hubs and tall/mature 13 yo...so basically 3 adults. 13 yo still does not know about the trip (complicated, but basically we have two bonus children right now, who will not be going with us, so can't tell 13 yo until they are no longer here. 13 yo would not be able to keep that secret)...I am at last stages of planning each park and REALLY want her input. This trip is for her, for crying out loud! It's really hard to plan.

Peace...All ADRs are made. Christmas party tickets purchased. We've got Candlelight Processional, Rivers of Light and Fantasmic dining packages. Touring plans coming together. Hopefully I can get the FP close to the times I've got tentatively planned for now. And looking at the touring plans, things feel much less chaotic than I had originally envisioned.

Panic..what if someone gets hurt (hubs struggling with one particular ankle right now). What if the weather is bad? What if these people HATE the plan I've put together?!?!?!? And...Why in the world did my husband say "Next year I want to go to Prague. We should start planning that." in what universe do you say such a thing to someone who is in the middle of planning the first trip ever to WDW?!?!?!?!?

Tell me it'll be okay. Tell me they'll have a great time. Tell me I'm not gonna end up in an insane asylum.

It'll be okay.
They'll have a great time.
You're not gonna end up in an insane asylum.

what if someone gets hurt (hubs struggling with one particular ankle right now). What if the weather is bad?

Then you rent a wheelchair or scooter.

It could be bad. It could be nasty cold. Pack thermals and wool socks and kit caps and gloves and some chemical hand warmers. And pack shorts and flip flops and swimsuits. Be prepared.

As for if they don't like it...it's your first trip. How would they know if they could have done better? It'll be fine.

This trip is for her, for crying out loud!

Don't make it about her. That puts stress on you. Aren't you looking forward to it, too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!