A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

Yeah it's all your fault that I'm hooked on the couple's choice spa treatment.

No. You really couldn't have.

poop

okay, okay.

Much better!

good!

I will. She ended up sleeping pretty much all of the day today.

Poor thing. :(

:rolleyes1 Rubinesque figures are not in vogue.

So then you wouldn't cause a commotion. I say go for it.

Because Fran sleeps so much, I'm usually killing time waiting for her to get up, unless I go out on my own. Vacationing with friends along I've had more times that I've left her in the room and gone off with Jill or someone else.

Makes sense.

People who prefer heroes who weren't captured. Reference contender above.

:rolleyes2

Except if you pay double like Disney has you do.

Well... yeah... there's that, too.

I can't imagine.... :rolleyes1

:lmao:

That makes sense. Everytime I have lunch at 3PM, dinner for that night gets pushed into the next day.

::yes::

I can see that with four people, and a pescetarian might make it more expensive. You've probably missed my posts on FB. I had a chunk of meat in my freezer that I paid $3.39 (Corned beef around St. Patrick's Day). I made the traditional corned beef and Cabbage meal Friday night, last night we had Corned Beef Rubens, and this morning we had corned beef hash and eggs. However the whole meal was rather expensive. For some reason the cabbage was $4 for the head, and the rye bread for the sandwich was also four bucks, but still I think both dinners still came in under 10 bucks when you factor in how many meals I got.

This is how I facebook.
I open it, maybe after a day or two... look at the first one or two posts... and close it again.

You said it.... :rolleyes1

Hey! You're supposed to argue!

This morning we were docking in Tortola, the sun was already up before I woke.

you slept in!

Well... for you.

At 6:26 Jill sent me a message that she was up and if I wanted to come by and sit on her verandah.

:) Very nice of her.

I found the message because I had been looking out my porthole.

I first read that last word completely differently. Butt.... that's probably just me.

The first one was that the house I lived in (not my actual house, but some kind of place like the Amityville Horror House) had gas burners on the stove which kept spontaneously lighting with flames 2-3 feet high, I would turn one off and another would flare up. I tried to get to the gas shut off at the meter, but I never made it there and woke suddenly before I turned off the gas.

Yuck! Not a very pleasant dream. :(

A skunk was taunting the cats on this vacant lot. Do skunks even live in the desert? I know that they live here in our neighborhood, but this was terrain like out in Palm Springs, Arizona or the land in between. Anyways, seven or eight of our cats formed a pack and decided to corner and taunt the skunk. Some of the cats in the pack, have been deceased for five years or more! In the end two of them Mikey (one of the deceased cats) and Tesla (my PITA, used to be baby boy until the kittens came along) ended up getting sprayed by the skunk, and that's when I woke up, but not before fretting over how I was going to get them unstinky.

So my question is.... do skunks taunt cats?

z18FC0828T08.jpg

Nice scenery. :)

I headed back to my room to get dressed

See? People on cruise ships don't seem to mind Rubinesque figures.

I took Fran’s computer down to the Lobby and it just so happened that the “Connect at Sea" guy was sitting at his desk. He played around with it, disabled the firewall, stopped automatic updates, and still it couldn't get online.

Huh. Thought that'd do it.

It turned out that her computer is so old and the processor is so slow that it was timing out before the satellite signal of internet on the ship could be reached

Really? How old is it? That... doesn't seem plausible unless it's 20 years old or something.

Fran got the dulce de leche waffles filled with a creme.

I'm not a huge waffle fan, but... wow that sounds good.

Needless to say we did finish off our bacon.

:rolleyes1

Love the carriage lights.

We were the first ship back to the island after hurricane Irma and were told there may not be much to see and our expectations were met.

Hmm.. I can see how that would be.

Love hearing those. :)

Half the stores weren't even open and most of the ones that were sold overpriced jewelry I didn't need, booze, or other unnecessary stuff.

:sad2: I wonder how many people think they're actually getting a deal, shopping there?

I really only bought two things, one was this as a gift for Pam with her whole beet debacle the night before.

:laughing:

I’m told that Disney literally built this port as an option to St. Maarten whose dock fees were overpriced and growing.

Oh! Huh. That'll learn 'em. Greed... :sad2:

I decided to watch the live action version of Beauty and the Beast since I'd never seen it before.

What did you think?
I enjoyed it.

They had spent all morning in the Rainforest Room after they watched “A Wrinkle in Time.”

Haven't seen it... but it got poor reviews. Only 42% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I got a hot dog. Sorry no pictures, but it was a hot dog, you've seen them before.

Weiner.
Bun.

Moving on.

Then was the real main event, we wanted to get gelato from “Sweet on you”. They have ice cream and other sweet treats as well, but it was gelato that we wanted.

Yusssss...

Now there is an upcharge for this place, but it wasn't too bad. A single scoop was $2.95 and I believe a double was $3.95.

I'd pay that. In a heartbeat.

I got a single scoop of Oreo Cookies and Cream with a spoonful of candy cane sprinkles.

Interesting choice. :)

The ride was really fun although at times I feared that my fat butt was going to bring me to a stop, but it never did.

:laughing: Aw, Alison, you didn't have anything to worry about.

The hardest part is getting out at the end. We did it one more time, and both agreed that between adrenaline and the six story climb (twice) that was enough.

Yeah... I can see that!

We’ll leave it off there, oh and did you see her?

Waving to you as you went off on your excursion. :)

In the end two of them Mikey (one of the deceased cats) and Tesla (my PITA, used to be baby boy until the kittens came along) ended up getting sprayed by the skunk, and that's when I woke up, but not before fretting over how I was going to get them unstinky.

The lesson, as always: never taunt a skunk.

Back on Jill’s balcony, we watched the ship dock.

Nice. I've always thought the Virgin Islands look really beautiful.

Needless to say we did finish off our bacon.

As well you should. It's a cardinal sin to waste bacon.

We were the first ship back to the island after hurricane Irma and were told there may not be much to see and our expectations were met.

Sad. And they didn't even get a direct hit like St. John and Puerto Rico.

That's a hard pass.

Fran got the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. It wasn't as good as she could have hoped. I could have told her that cause she didnt like it so much last time either.

If you're not in the Philly area and you order a cheesesteak, you're taking your life into your own hands.

I got a single scoop of Oreo Cookies and Cream with a spoonful of candy cane sprinkles.

I don't think anyone has ever improved upon cookies and cream as an ice cream flavor.

Then it was time for the Aquaduck.

That looks like fun!

Finally catching back up! Remy brunch is sooooo goooood! It's a nice alternative (or addition if you are me) to Remy dinner.

The spa treatment was so nice!

The Aquaduck was fun but the gelato was good too!

Jill in CO

It turned out that her computer is so old and the processor is so slow that it was timing out before the satellite signal of internet on the ship could be reached. We gave up getting online with the computer, and I went back to the room. Just as I walked in the door the phone rang and it was guest services telling me they received the email, and a few minutes later they called back to say they could print it.

I told them I would send the other two files at breakfast and we would be by after breakfast to pick them up.

So, yay!!! But, sure sounds like Fran needs a new computer!

Bummer! I wonder how long it took them to become fully operational again?

I did buy a bottle of Jamon wine which is made from a berry that is local to the island.

How did you like it? Does it taste very different from grape wine? Curious!

Fran got the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. It wasn't as good as she could have hoped. I could have told her that cause she didnt like it so much last time either. I could post a picture of the one she had a year and a half ago, but it’s not that exciting.

So a classic I-told-ya-so without really saying it. ;)

I’m not always on the Dis but thought I’d check in tonight and I see that there has been no activity on your trip report for awhile. I do hope you and Fran are well and just busy with holiday preparations. Wishing you both good health and happiness in the new year. I really enjoy reading your reports and like your writing style. Merry Christmas.

Hey folks! Just checking in. Everything is fine, just been REALLY busy lately. No big news to update, but we're up in San Jose with the folks for the week and I hope to catch up on everyone's threads in the next couple days as well as post another update.

Getting packed and traveling up here was sort of an ordeal, and since we've been here (arrived Friday evening around 8PM) we've been shopping and cooking up a storm, as well as visiting a museum exhibit. Tomorrow is full of cooking including Lasagne, Garlic Bread, Salad, Sticky Toffee Pudding and for the next day, Limoncello Tiramisu, a Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast for Christmas Brunch. Christmas Day will be full of cooking as for dinner we will make a Standing Rib Roast, Roasted Red Potatoes and Green Beans. We aren't religious folks so for us the traditions are all about lots of good food with family

Hopefully in between all the cooking I'll catch up on all your threads and get an update in as well!

Hey folks! Just checking in. Everything is fine, just been REALLY busy lately. No big news to update, but we're up in San Jose with the folks for the week and I hope to catch up on everyone's threads in the next couple days as well as post another update.

I was wondering what sort of black hold you'd disappeared into, Alison. I do worry about my friends here. :hug:

Getting packed and traveling up here was sort of an ordeal, and since we've been here (arrived Friday evening around 8PM) we've been shopping and cooking up a storm, as well as visiting a museum exhibit.

Sounds like a whirlwind of good things! Family, food, and some culture. :)

Tomorrow is full of cooking including Lasagne, Garlic Bread, Salad, Sticky Toffee Pudding and for the next day, Limoncello Tiramisu, a Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast for Christmas Brunch. Christmas Day will be full of cooking as for dinner we will make a Standing Rib Roast, Roasted Red Potatoes and Green Beans. We aren't religious folks so for us the traditions are all about lots of good food with family

WOW! All of that sounds really amazing. Enjoy!

Hopefully in between all the cooking I'll catch up on all your threads and get an update in as well!

We'll be here when you can, meantime, cherish all you have.

Hey folks! Just checking in. Everything is fine, just been REALLY busy lately.

Good to hear! Thanks for dropping us a line. :)

Tomorrow is full of cooking including Lasagne, Garlic Bread, Salad, Sticky Toffee Pudding and for the next day, Limoncello Tiramisu, a Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast for Christmas Brunch. Christmas Day will be full of cooking as for dinner we will make a Standing Rib Roast, Roasted Red Potatoes and Green Beans.

:faint:

Can I come over?

Getting packed and traveling up here was sort of an ordeal, and since we've been here (arrived Friday evening around 8PM) we've been shopping and cooking up a storm, as well as visiting a museum exhibit. Tomorrow is full of cooking including Lasagne, Garlic Bread, Salad, Sticky Toffee Pudding and for the next day, Limoncello Tiramisu, a Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast for Christmas Brunch. Christmas Day will be full of cooking as for dinner we will make a Standing Rib Roast, Roasted Red Potatoes and Green Beans. We aren't religious folks so for us the traditions are all about lots of good food with family

That tiramisu - I think I may need to try that beauty!

Look forward to the next entry but enjoy that family time!

I see me, I see me! :hyper:

Fun update. The gelato looks yum. You are too cute with your peppermint sprinkles.

You know I love my Peppermint!

I love how everyone sort of did their own thing then met up; low key and no pressure!

It's the only way to do it. Otherwise everyone would go nuts trying to coordinate together.

These breakfast foods look great! I'm not a big breakfast person so I normally linger in bed while my husband runs up to the buffet to bring me something back. Maybe one day I'll make it to a proper breakfast. I just like sleep too much lol.

I get out of bed cause I'm a definite breakfast person!

That must have been interesting being the first ship back. I went to Tortola on my cruise back in 2016 and did some fun snorkeling, I felt so bad when I heard they had gotten destroyed by the hurricane.

Last time we were there we did a private isla d tour, part of me wanted to do that again and see how it had changed, but I didn't want to invest that kind of time or money.

That's good to hear this place was good. I didn't try the upcharge candy place on the Dream, but I think I'd like to have some gelato from here.

I definitely would! Its just that cruises on the Dream are so short there is hardly the time.

Your dream sounds crazy- I'm a pretty vivid dreamer too, mainly on the nights I take melatonin (nights when I need to get up early for work)

Most of the time I can't remember my dreams when I wake up but these were so vivid.

Everything omelettes are Dorian's thing too..I'm not super keen on onions so I'd leave those out

I totally love onions, I put them on almost anything, that's not dessert.

A little bit of heaven right there, I don't think they had this when we were on the Fantasy

I think they added this in the last refurb.

Looks like some pistachio or mint under there?

I'm not sure about that. I think I said what kind it was in the original post, but as I look back she may have ordered Pistachio for the bottom scoop.

I think we did this twice too- once in the day, once at night- we meant to get on it more, but just so much to do.
I know one night Maria did it a whole bunch of times with some friends

I know! There is so much to do for adults that doing some of the "kid stuff" is hard to squeeze in when there are drinks to be had! :laughing:

The gelato looks so good.

It was! :goodvibes

What is this "hot dog" thing of which you speak? Pictures or it never happened!:goodvibes

Behold the Hot Dog! :laughing:

When I first saw your post I thought you were going to the Island of Tortuga and Johnny Depp was going to be there looking for his pirate crew.

That would have been much more exciting!

Yummmm..Gelato.

Yeah it's all your fault that I'm hooked on the couple's choice spa treatment.

Well Jill got me hooked on "Alone Time" on the Wonder and Magic, but you have to do it with someone on the Dream and Fantasy.

So then you wouldn't cause a commotion. I say go for it.

:laughing: I don't think so!

This is how I facebook.
I open it, maybe after a day or two... look at the first one or two posts... and close it again.

I usually look at it on my phone in the morning before I get out of bed, and then forget to look at it any more. Unless I do something fun and post about it.

Hey! You're supposed to argue!

:rolleyes1

you slept in!

Well... for you.

Also being that far south, the sun rose earlier.

:) Very nice of her.

She's real nice like that!

I first read that last word completely differently. Butt.... that's probably just me.

Yeah, because I said that I was looking out of it..... :rolleyes1

Yuck! Not a very pleasant dream. :(

Sometimes I have those weird ones!

So my question is.... do skunks taunt cats?

I don't know. We don't let ours out at the new house. While I know there are skunks in the area, I haven't seen one at this place.

See? People on cruise ships don't seem to mind Rubinesque figures.

Ha! I was wearing my pool cover up.

Huh. Thought that'd do it.

Nope.

Really? How old is it? That... doesn't seem plausible unless it's 20 years old or something.

Well, it's a Star Wars: The Force Awakens computer. She special ordered it and it arrived a couple weeks before that movie came out. What was that three years ago? Spoiler Alert. We bit the bullet and both bought ourselves new computers for Christmas. As soon as I get my next update posted, I'm going to fire up the new one. I didn't bring my Photoshop Disks up here (cause we didn't know we were going to get computers), so I had to finish resizing my pictures on the old computer before I get into setting up the new one.

I'm not a huge waffle fan, but... wow that sounds good.

She has ordered it before and it's waaaaay to sweet for me to handle.

Hmm.. I can see how that would be.

Maybe if we had gone outside the immediate port area, it would have been more interesting.

Love hearing those. :)

They are cool. I imagine you don't hear a lot of them up in "The Peg".

:sad2: I wonder how many people think they're actually getting a deal, shopping there?

The cruise ships lead you to believe that you are. :rolleyes1

Oh! Huh. That'll learn 'em. Greed... :sad2:

I'm not sure that it did.....

What did you think?
I enjoyed it.

I liked it well enough, but I preferred the original. Some of the things that they changed were not as much to my taste. Although I don't remember exactly what they were.

Haven't seen it... but it got poor reviews. Only 42% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Yeah, I've heard people say, "How can a movie with so many great people be so bad?"

Weiner.
Bun.

Moving on.

Exactly!

I'd pay that. In a heartbeat.

I thought it was a really good deal. Especially since the only *free* ice cream is soft serve. I don't care for that.

:laughing: Aw, Alison, you didn't have anything to worry about.

I guess the water flowing past you keeps you moving.

Yeah... I can see that!

It is a bit of a climb when you are laying on your back!

Waving to you as you went off on your excursion. :)

The lesson, as always: never taunt a skunk.

Truer words were never spoken.

Nice. I've always thought the Virgin Islands look really beautiful.

That's because they are!

As well you should. It's a cardinal sin to waste bacon.

Most definitely.

Sad. And they didn't even get a direct hit like St. John and Puerto Rico.

I thought that they did, but I only heard it here on the boards.

That's a hard pass.

For me as well.

If you're not in the Philly area and you order a cheesesteak, you're taking your life into your own hands.

Having never had an actual Philly Cheesesteak and only impostors, I would not know.

I don't think anyone has ever improved upon cookies and cream as an ice cream flavor.

I dunno, Peppermint is a strong contender.

That looks like fun!

It definitely was!

Finally catching back up! Remy brunch is sooooo goooood! It's a nice alternative (or addition if you are me) to Remy dinner.

Yes it is. Not sure how much I will value Remy dinner with the new price increases. I suppose I will still end up doing it since I can't resist the siren song of Remy, but at $125 upcharge it will hurt a little bit more.

The spa treatment was so nice!

It totally was! I can't wait to do it on the Wonder in 2020!

The Aquaduck was fun but the gelato was good too!

All of it was good!

So, yay!!! But, sure sounds like Fran needs a new computer!

We both did, and we bit the bullet and got them the other day. After the next update I plan on setting it up.

Bummer! I wonder how long it took them to become fully operational again?

I'm not sure that they are even now. There were a lot of empty stores in there.

How did you like it? Does it taste very different from grape wine? Curious!

They let me taste it before trying. It was kind of like a very grapey juice, pretty sweet.

So a classic I-told-ya-so without really saying it. ;)

I get a lot of those. :rolleyes1

I’m not always on the Dis but thought I’d check in tonight and I see that there has been no activity on your trip report for awhile. I do hope you and Fran are well and just busy with holiday preparations. Wishing you both good health and happiness in the new year. I really enjoy reading your reports and like your writing style. Merry Christmas.

Thanks for posting! I had been really really busy up until coming up to my parents. Then it ended up we had set ourselves up for a very rigorous cooking/movie schedule. Today is my first day of pretty much leisure.

I was wondering what sort of black hold you'd disappeared into, Alison. I do worry about my friends here. :hug:

Well a couple weeks ago we decided to start selling all of our breakable Christmas ornaments on eBay. We haven't been able to have a tree for many years because of the cats (they chew on the fake branches and they would break any ornaments that aren't plush). They have been selling like hot cakes. Plus we are selling Christmas music from our old sheet music store, and because we are also selling it at bargain basement prices, I've been a shipping machine! I've been packing up at least 8-10 items every day. Then when you take into account we went to see two evening shows, a Christmas party and the Poppins move at the studio, well that also cut into my DIS time! Hopefully I can stay caught up for now!

Sounds like a whirlwind of good things! Family, food, and some culture. :)

Oh yeah, not to mention we watched an Opera composed by a 12 year old (on DVD), both Wreck it Ralph movies and tomorrow Poppins again.

WOW! All of that sounds really amazing. Enjoy!

It was all very good, tonight is Beef Stroganoff from the leftover prime rib.

We'll be here when you can, meantime, cherish all you have.

Well, my parents are rather stuck in their routines, so during the day they are usually doing their own solitary things. Thus giving me time to catch up here! :thumbsup2

Good to hear! Thanks for dropping us a line. :)

You're welcome!

Can I come over?

We have plenty of leftovers!

That tiramisu - I think I may need to try that beauty!

Look forward to the next entry but enjoy that family time!

It was very good and very lemony.

This is kind of a short update. I'll also post some food porn of the holidays after this.

When I got back to the room, Fran was not feeling well. I finished the movie Beauty and the Beast and started to get dressed for Palo. Jill and I wanted to get a drink at Meridian before dinner. She wanted champagne and I wanted to try one of the Martinis from the tasting the other day. We went up to the bar at 5PM, and I had agreed to come back to the room at 5:30 to help Fran get dressed for our 6PM dinner. I had the French Martini.

z18FC0828T35.jpg

I also ran into the bartender who hosted the Martini class and he helped me fill in the descriptions and names of the different Martinis that we tasted.

Jill got her champagne.

z18FC0828T36.jpg

When I went back down to help Fran get dressed, she had decided not to go to dinner. She was having serious indigestion and stomach cramps. The idea of eating food scared her to death. So i went back up to join Jill and the others.

We were seated at a table of six, and Diogo was our server again.

z18FC0828T37.jpg

z18FC0828T38.jpg

z18FC0828T39.jpg

The Bread service here is awesome.

z18FC0828T40.jpg

He started us off with the Antipasto.

z18FC0828T41.jpg

z18FC0828T42.jpg

Each plate was customized for those who didn’t do olives, those who didn't do meat, some liked everything, but it was a great way to start the meal.

z18FC0828T43.jpg

Everyone ordered lots of food, but before I get on with our lovely dinner, let me step back a little bit in this story because there was a kind of a situation (turned out to be a non situation), but it left us shaking our heads.

At dinner the night before our serving team had informed us that the fireworks were going to be at 7:45 rather than 10:15. I guess this was the result of parents complaining that their kids were having to stay awake too late at night. However, we had set our 6PM reservation so that we would be done by 10PM in time for the fireworks. Karin went up to Palo to see if they could move our reservation so we could see the fireworks, and they told her, “No, besides with a 6PM reservation you'll be out by 7:15 and will have plenty of time to see them.”

We spent three hours at brunch two days before. How could she be so naive to think that we would be done with dinner in around an hour?

So when our host retrieved us from the bar, I let him know that they had said this. He rolled his eyes, and ensured us that he would set her straight.

I started with a Caprese Salad which is always a favorite!

z18FC0828T45.jpg

Jill got an order of Calamari which we shared, so good!

z18FC0828T44.jpg

We also split an order of the spinach gnocchi in gorgonzola sauce, so tasty! Little nuggets of goodness.

z18FC0828T46.jpg

Jill got the Caramelle di Vitello and gave me one of them. It was very good as well, but I would be more inclined to order the gnocchi again.

z18FC0828T47.jpg

I think it was at this time that they let us go out on the balcony to watch the fireworks. We had a great view and didn’t have to fight the crowds or anything.

Next we got our Palate cleanser.

z18FC0828T48.jpg

Then it was time for the Main Course. I had the Rack of Lamb, which was soooooo tasty! I actually almost ate the entire thing, but couldn't. Sorry the pictures are so blurry.
z18FC0828T49.jpg

z18FC0828T50.jpg

While most of the table ordered the Chocolate Souffle,

z18FC0828T51.jpg

I'm sure you know, I ordered the Amaretto Souffle, heavenly!

z18FC0828T52.jpg

And I got a second one. I tried my best, but actually couldn't finish the second one. I was just a few bites shy.

z18FC0828T53.jpg

A Photo Pass photographer came by and took a picture of our group.

z18FC0828T54.jpg

We drank our Limoncello to settle our stomachs and finally rolled back to our cabins. I slept rather soundly that night.

Your Palo meal looks wonderful! Sorry Fran wasn’t feeling well and had to miss out on that wonderful meal. Watching the fireworks without the crowds is lovely. There is no way a group of 6 could be out in an hour!

Since the last update was sort of small, I'll share with you some of our holiday food porn. The first night we arrived my Mom was at a function for one of her flower clubs, so we picked up some Take Out Greek food and brought it back to have dinner with my Dad. Sorry no pictures, but it was Gyros and Souvlaki.

The next night was supposed to be Dungeness Crab from the Farmer's Market, but they didn't have any because they were all too small and had to be thrown back in the ocean. So we made an executive decision to have Chicken Marsala for dinner that night instead.

q18IRL1222XM01.jpg

q18IRL1222XM02.jpg

We served it over Linguine

q18IRL1222XM03.jpg

And some steamed squash and onions on the side, and the gravy.

q18IRL1222XM04.jpg

A nice bottle of Merlot

q18IRL1222XM05.jpg

My plate

q18IRL1222XM06.jpg

My Dad is always coming up with new ways to have his coffee, last time I was up he had just started to use the French Press, now he hand grinds his beans. It does make for a pretty good cup of coffee!

q18IRL1223XM01.jpg

This day we went up to San Francisco to see an Exhibit of Jewels of the Maharajah, East Meets West. Because we were gone all day, we decided to out for dinner. I had a spinach salad and split Veal Saltimbocca with Fran, but we also had these Gnocchi in Gorgonzola sauce, and they were even better than the ones in my last update from Palo!

q18IRL1223XM02.jpg

We spent most all of Christmas Eve cooking Lasagne for dinner that night and prepping meals for Christmas Day. Here was my dinner that night.

q18IRL1224XM01.jpg

Christmas Day we started with Brunch. This is a Overnight Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast.

q18IRL1225XM01.jpg

My plate

q18IRL1225XM02.jpg

For dinner I made Prime Rib, and my mom made the Green Beans and potatoes.

q18IRL1225XM03.jpg

Here is the Limoncello Tiramisu we made the day before.

q18IRL1225XM04.jpg

And here it is on my plate.

q18IRL1225XM05.jpg

The next day we saw Ralph Wrecks the Internet, and so that we didn't have to cook up a storm, we heated up the second lasagne that we had made the other day. And I had made up some bacon wrapped dates that we enjoyed before our lasagne.

q18IRL1226XM01.jpg

We've got lots of leftovers and lots more good eating before I go home on Saturday!

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Behold the Hot Dog! :laughing:

Is that a chorus of angels I hear???

:laughing: I don't think so!

Darn. One less reason to come down...

I usually look at it on my phone in the morning before I get out of bed, and then forget to look at it any more. Unless I do something fun and post about it.

I miss lots on facebook. I'm okay with that.

Yeah, because I said that I was looking out of it..... :rolleyes1

Precisely.

While I know there are skunks in the area, I haven't seen one at this place.

One does not normally see a skunk at first... :rolleyes:

Ha! I was wearing my pool cover up.

Boring!

Spoiler Alert. We bit the bullet and both bought ourselves new computers for Christmas.

Good! :)

She has ordered it before and it's waaaaay to sweet for me to handle.

Sounds like a description of yourself.

They are cool. I imagine you don't hear a lot of them up in "The Peg".

Closest we get is when icicles fall onto cars.

The cruise ships lead you to believe that you are. :rolleyes1

:sad2:

I thought it was a really good deal. Especially since the only *free* ice cream is soft serve. I don't care for that.

I'll eat it... especially dipped in chocolate or something. But... prefer real ice cream any day.

We have plenty of leftovers!

Me too! :laughing:

This is kind of a short update.

I didn't believe you. I had scrolled up from my last comment and... it looked like one update, not two.

When I got back to the room, Fran was not feeling well.

:( Sorry to hear that.

I had the French Martini.

That looks good! I looked up the ingredients and... I'd definitely try that. :)

I also ran into the bartender who hosted the Martini class

Oh dear. Did you know him over? Or did you bounce off him?

She was having serious indigestion and stomach cramps.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I get that from time to time and it is not a lot of fun.

Each plate was customized for those who didn’t do olives,

:wave:

the fireworks were going to be at 7:45 rather than 10:15. I guess this was the result of parents complaining that their kids were having to stay awake too late at night.

:sad2:
Oh brother. That'd be the day that I'd say anything about that. If they're not old enough to stay up past 10pm... then too bad. Maybe next time. Or... let them stay up for once. Sheesh.

We spent three hours at brunch two days before. How could she be so naive to think that we would be done with dinner in around an hour?

Maybe she's a realllly fast eater!

So when our host retrieved us from the bar, I let him know that they had said this. He rolled his eyes, and ensured us that he would set her straight.

But... I thought you'd miss the fireworks still, so wouldn't help you...

I started with a Caprese Salad which is always a favorite!

We also split an order of the spinach gnocchi in gorgonzola sauce, so tasty! Little nuggets of goodness.

Huh! Not something I'd order (spinach and I… well, I'd be where Fran was that night) but it sure sounds good.

I think it was at this time that they let us go out on the balcony to watch the fireworks. We had a great view and didn’t have to fight the crowds or anything.

Which is... awesome. A nice meal with fireworks in the middle? Are you kidding me? It doesn't get much nicer than that!

I had the Rack of Lamb, which was soooooo tasty!

Mmmm… been a long time since I've had it... and I love it.

I'm sure you know, I ordered the Amaretto Souffle, heavenly!

And I got a second one. I tried my best, but actually couldn't finish the second one. I was just a few bites shy.

But you gotta try, right? :)

it was Gyros and Souvlaki.

Yumm… Love that.

:eek: That looks nothing like mine! Yours looks much better!
Hmmm... I don't think my chicken was breaded... which would make a massive difference.... May have to do this again. Dang it looks delicious.

My Dad is always coming up with new ways to have his coffee, last time I was up he had just started to use the French Press, now he hand grinds his beans. It does make for a pretty good cup of coffee!

While I don't drink it, myself, I appreciate the artistry and skill that is required for an excellent cuppa.

Your lasagna looks so gooood. You put more sauce on top! I always have cheese as the top layer. I like the way you do it.

This is a Overnight Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast.

For dinner I made Prime Rib, and my mom made the Green Beans and potatoes.

q18IRL1225XM03.jpg

Who made the Yorkshire pudding?

Here is the Limoncello Tiramisu we made the day before.

mmmm… love almost anything with lemon...

The next day we saw Ralph Wrecks the Internet

How was it?

I had made up some bacon wrapped dates

Huh! Never heard of that. Interesting. I'd try that for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts