A "Once Every 3 Years" Very Dapper Reunion!- UPDATED 7/31

What a fun EPCOT Day. I've done the whole drinking around the world but I have to admit that we shared the drinks.

Your breakfast sounds so fun! Love all the pics. I need to make my way there one day.

Sounds like an awesome day at Epcot and a fun night at Trader Sams!

Day 4: Monday April 30th

Well…today starts off with a lot of talk and barely any pictures…again..I AM SO SORRY! Amy & I got ready super fast, bussed to the front of resort, and jumped on the bus over to Hollywood Studios! We stopped at Starbucks right away where we met up with Amanda, got some breakfast and some coffee!!! We’d arrived a little later than planned, so Toy Story was too busy already, so we opted to head over to Launch Bay to start the day off with a visit to Chewbacca!!

32116793_10160658233280647_7099235775241256960_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

32087268_10160658233200647_7322978136566530048_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31531707_10160658233715647_4673104093709860864_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Seriously, Chewie hugs are just the best!

32202970_10160658233255647_3988597705294217216_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Since Kylo’s terrifying, and his line was long already we browsed through the rest of Launch Bay talking about how much we wished Rey was out for actual sets instead of random pop up surprise ones. UGH. JUST LET ME MEET HER! Also, like RIP Star Wars weekends, I REALLY hope that they bring back more of the main characters/roaming characters when the Star Wars land opens!

Since we were on a meet & greet roll, and I actually KNOW things about Marvel now, we headed over to Star Lord & Groot’s little space, though it wasn’t open, there was literally already a line, but we only had to wait like, 10 minutes total, so it worked out great!

32105262_10160658233865647_9170698871469244416_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I wanted to have some harsh words with Star Lord after Infinity War, but i was literally so distracted by how adorable Baby Groot is that I COMPLETELY FORGOT lol.

32187295_10160658234380647_8194924736094928896_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Amanda had made us some fast passes for DHS, and the first one was for Beauty & the Beast’s first showing, thanks to the FP we ended up as close to the front as possible and right in the centre! YAY! The downside was we were waiting FOR AGES! (okay, half an hour wish) BUT it was SO FREAKING HOT, like, no breeze what so ever, and Amy & I had both indulged at Trader Sam’s the night before, and at that point, were really not feeling so great…I BLESS the fan I had in my bag for getting me through that! Lol.

IMG_7797 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7798 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

I knew I had one friend in the show that day but was pleasantly surprised to see a second one too! Yay!

IMG_7801 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7808 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

It was like, the SECOND the Swooners came out on stage that I realized YES please, I needed to wear that costume again for Halloween this year! (Amy & I did them with a couple of our friends a few years back; the girl that made them used to work costuming on the show, and they were AMAZING)

IMG_7811 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7817 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7835 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7853 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7859 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

SO PRETTY!

IMG_7865 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

The show was great (as always) and it was SO NICE to be out of the theatre and into a slight breeze. Despite not feeling so great that morning, Amy was still raring to get flipped upside down going 60mph, so our little trio hopped into the single rider line for Rock n Rollercoaster, upon reaching the front, I split off, jumping out the chicken exit while the girls enjoyed their Aerosmith concert. Upon finishing they both said that I could DEFINITELY handle it, especially if I did California Screaming and other coasters, but for me, Imma stick without it! Amy & I were hankering for a snack, like a pretzel or something, but there was really only popcorn around us, so we started to head to our next fast pass, the Frozen Sing A Long!

IMG_7878 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

I do enjoy the show, the Historians truly make it, they’re all hilarious, though I enjoy the ones that improv a little bit more, change things up so the jokes aren’t always the same every time you see it. BUT, a cute and fun show, there was SO MUCH snoap for us it was crazy!!!

I was looking for a new wallet, and Amy was looking for some gifts for family, so we browsed the shops a little bit on the main drag, and explored around until we realized how bored we were, lol. We had a ToT FP for a little later, but knew if we left DHS now, we could make it over to MK for the parade…so you can figure which choice we made…

Upon arriving at Magic Kingdom, we had just enough time to grab some lunch at Pecos Bill before Fof starting, giving us a nice sit down, some a/c, AND some delicious food! I decided to splurge & get myself the Fajita Platter, and get ALL THE TOPPINGS (we did discover that the guac was NO LONGER FREE, but it was fairly affordable, so I splurged for that too…)

Wdw May 2017 iphone by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

….yeah….I really go overboard when it comes to free toppings. Halfway through eating I also realized that WE WERE GOING TO A BUFFET TONIGHT AND THIS WAS NOT THE IDEAL MEAL TO HAVE PRIOR TO THAT. But hey, it was DELICIOUS so #yolo?

Realizing it was getting pretty close to 3’o’clock the three of us finished out lunches, and headed across the street to watch our favourite Festival of Fantasy!

IMG_7895 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7901 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

Away we go, wondrous dazzling, brilliantly

IMG_7912 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

Tale as old as time

IMG_7914 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7930 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

With every passing hour, I’m so glad I left my tower

IMG_7936 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7947 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

We were on the left side of the route, and that was clearly not the right idea as EVERYONE missed us and had no clue we were there lol.

IMG_7961 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7966 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

Darling it’s better down where it’s wetter!

IMG_7973 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7975 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_7977 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

AT LEAST WENDY SAW US THANK YOU, YOU LOVELY BLUE BIRD

IMG_7992 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

Same Phillip…same…

IMG_8000 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

IMG_8005 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_8008 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

Since the logical thing to do post parade was to head into some A/C, we headed over to our favourite location in the Kingdom, FAIRYTALE HALL, cause who doesn’t love meeting characters?! I took the time to face time Steven once we were in the meet and greet room to chat with his favourite princess, naturally…the wifi cut off right as we got up to Punzie, but I mean, he loves Tiana, so that was okay!

32082582_10160658232060647_6605621476039065600_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

She was super cute and lovely to talk to, and luckily while we waited for Tiana to finish the greet in front of us, the Wi-Fi picked back up and Steven answered right on cue!

31967990_10160658230990647_6954404616117157888_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

32089639_10160658231475647_7505556375980736512_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Anyone that’s read any of my TR’s knows that Steven LOVES Tiana so much, and he was super excited to finally get to show her his SHRINE of Tiana march in his room, since, obviously, it’s always at home when he’s at Disney. (and I’m not kidding, there’s like 3 barbies, a couple Pop Funko things, some Itty Bitties, like, literally ALL the march all together)

32116900_10160658231650647_1107419865158778880_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

She was obviously SUPER excited to see all of it, and she kept going “wait, go left, no, your other left, MY left…WHY IS MY HEAD SO BIG?!?!” In relation to the Pop Funko things! She also FREAKED OUT over the Lottie barbie (that we literally drove an hour out of our way on a trip to Edmonton last month to get….) going all “IS THAT CHARLOTTE OH MY GOD!” And just like, everything was amazing about the entire interaction….then the wi-fi cut out again, but it was amazing!

32073924_10160658231875647_7496198926437974016_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Tiana hugged us all and made sure to tell Steven to get his little butt down to Florida asap! Lawls! She was just amazing!

The three of us made a brief stop at Starbucks, and decided to chill on Main Street in the shade for a while and wait for MiSi to come out and see if we recognized any faces today! Well, there was one VERY familiar one walking beside a float, and since we were sitting, Luis almost didn’t see us, but doubled back when he realized it was me being a creep staring at him, lol! Once MiSi was past, Amanda said she was going to double back to DHS to get her car, and Amy & I made our way down to the Hub to chat with Luis for a bit. It’d been AGES since we’d seen each other, and we were all excited to see each other. Luis said he’d been in the castle show on Friday, which was great considering that was our last MK day! YAS! When it was time for him to, you know, actually do his job, we said our good byes and headed over to the Grand Floridan!

When we arrived at the GFlo, I wanted to head down to Park Fair since I’d booked the gesso for SIX people, but a lot of them weren’t going to come, heck, Amanda almost didn’t come) I literally went up to the hostess stand and was all “So, my friends suck….there’s only 3 of us” and she had a good chuckle at that, and said to just say that when we checked in for dinner. Amy & I totally thought we had way more time, so we went upstairs to Citric to have ourselves some MOJITOS

31689313_10160625699690647_5902611269000626176_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Via Snap Chat I realized Amanda was already here, and then we realized how close we were to our reservation time! Amy & I chugged back our drinks, to which the bartender laughed and said we could’ve taken them with us, lololololol…. #whoops. We met Amanda outside Park Faire and checked in for dinner, we were called pretty quickly, and seated right as the rotation of the characters were going in. Sometimes, this sucks, but we were okay as we were able to get food, and actually eat it, digest it, have a second plate & then desserts before we had to meet the characters!

P5290057 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Amy& I both had Watermelon Margarita’s, and we had LOTS OF DELICIOUS foods! (this pic is old…) I chose to skip the roast/turkey this time, but opted for LOTS of other delicious food, and multiple trips to the buffet from all of us. I will ALWAYS rave about 1900 Park Faire for dinner, the buffet is DELICIOUS, it’s got LOTS of variety, the quality is AMAZING, service is always good, and the character interaction, MAN, simply the BEST!! I AM bummed that they took the corn dog nuggets off the buffet to replace with regular hot dogs, like, lame…I wanted my nugs….

Charming was the first character to come along to us!

31668292_10160488487515171_7250027687547240448_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31743638_10160625699745647_6599201092637032448_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

He was lovely as always, and SUUUUPER sassy! I honestly don’t remember the details, but he was super sassy about the Step Sisters, and WE WERE ALL FOR IT! I honestly love the characters that change things up when they’re greeting with adults instead of all children lol!

31675846_10160625699825647_7824629294537113600_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31510202_10160488487550171_7558402315015684096_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Cinderella was LOVELY as her name (…get it…lol)

Also, there were some ADORABLE tables beside us, a younger man (probably around our age, maybe a bit older) and his daughter, who was super adorable and excited, and sassy. and next to us, there was this simply PERFECT family, like, 2 kids, dressed up like Ariel & a pirate, and they were SO well behaved, even when their parents were up at the buffet without them, all dressed classily, it was seriously just amazing!

Speaking of not so well behaved children, Anastasia had made if over to us, and was hilarious and obnoxious as always!

31841871_10160488488135171_5251147648836042752_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31543701_10160625699950647_2542403575879827456_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

AND THEN CAME THE LITERAL QUEEN HERSELF, YOU ALL KNOW HOW MUCH I FREAKING LOVE HER AND MISS HER ALREADY, ALSO LIKE, HER NEW DRESS LITERALLY HAS THE TREMAINE CREST ON IT AND I JUST LOVE HER SO MUCH

31655566_10160625699905647_8694756704832716800_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

She literally sat down at our table, and asked me what all the gossip was, how life was, etc. I told her we were down because Kara was doing another program, and when I said that I didn’t get in for a second time, she said “good, you don’t want to do that anyways” lolololol! she’s literally my favourite person, and we talked about how much I miss our weekly gossip fests and hugs, and how much she deserves to be in the KINGDOM and not thrown aside to just park faire…..seriously…bring Lady T back…

OH!!! AND, while we were meeting with her a toddler a few tables down SCREEEAAAMED super obnoxiously, and Lady T was all “that’s not my child” and like, yelled back at him….then Drizella shrieked & she commented that that one WAS hers. I’d also gotten pretty sunburnt on our first day, & had been telling the girls how Lady T always calls me out on needing to put on more sunscreen, or she’d poke me and go “you’re a little red” and I was happy I was wearing a t-shirt that day that covered it up! AND NATURALLY LIKE THE QUEEN SHE IS, she called out a lady at the table beside us for being sunburnt…..BAHAHA.

Last but not least, was Drizella, another face we were VERY excited to see that day! She sat down at our table and had a nice chat about what was new & exciting in my life, and I mentioned that I hung out with royals and some parties for kids and she was all “WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? DO YOU HAVE TO GET THEM PRESENTS? WHY DON’T I GET TO GO TO THESE PARTIES?! I’M THE GIFT MYSELF, THAT’S WHY I HAVE A BOW ON MY HEAD” and it was just such a lovely hilarious experience.

31662196_10160625700055647_3215147642304593920_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31662196_10160625700055647_3215147642304593920_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We were pretty much finished up with desserts at this point, and asked for the bill, Amanda using her discount once again, and we threw her cash. We ended up wrapping up right before Happily Ever was starting, so we headed down to the beach to watch them. It was definitely confusing, because there was NO one else around, and then, we started to hear them going off BEHIND US, hahahahah! We were sitting on the beach over by the pool, which faced the Poly, not Magic Kingdom… #DERP. We were having a good laugh about it since Amanda & I have obviously spent so much time in Disney, AND we’d watched Wishes from Narcoose’s TOGETHER, and like, we should have known better, lololololol.

IMG_8023 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_8029 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_8032 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

I really wanted to challenge myself with different styles of photos this trip and work on getting different styles of photography better, and fireworks were one of those things! Not much turned out tonight but I haven’t gone through my last day ones yet!

After the fireworks show, Amanda headed back to her car to head home, while Amy & I monorail to Magic Kingdom & then took the boat home from there. (We may have monorail to the contempt to not battle with crowds…lol)

Upon arrival back at Fort Wilderness there was a security golf cart asking everyone if they were taking the bus, and everyone said they had cars/golf carts, but when they got to us, we were naturally taking the bus, and they told us to “HOP ON!” Then when they asked what cabin we were, they jokingly GROANED cause it’s literally on the other side of the resort. Lol! Being on the golf cart was mildly terrifying as they whipped around all the pathways, but like, people just throw their children on the back of those things and just hope for the best, it worries me! Lol

Amy & I had enjoyed our day, and with full bellies and happy hearts we went to bed excited for a chill day tomorrow!

Joining in. Always enjoy your reviews. You pack so much fun into each day!

I did not realize Kara was back in Florida on a program. Too bad you couldn't have done it together - that would be an amazing trip report!!

I didn't realize you had a new TR going! I'm all caught up now. I enjoyed seeing all of your yummy drinks. I've gotten to be such a lightweight as I get older, the consequences of the drinks just aren't worth it anymore. I always have a list I want to try and end up with just one or two at the most.

I must get to 1900 Park Fare someday! It's one of the few that I haven't visited and it just looks like so much fun.

Great show and parade photos! Your dinner sounds so fun, glad you were reunited with Lady Tremaine!!
Thank you!!!! IT was amazing!!! Lady T is awesome, i love her so much and am so sad she's not in the parks anymore

Can we talk about how gorgeous Flynn is?! *Makes ADR* :lovestruc:rolleyes1
Right?! I love him, so happy we got to see each other again this trip!! :)

Joining in. Always enjoy your reviews. You pack so much fun into each day!

I did not realize Kara was back in Florida on a program. Too bad you couldn't have done it together - that would be an amazing trip report!!
We at least try! Lol, Amy & I realized we're getting to old for 6am to midnight park days this time lol!!! Haha yeah she's been back since Feb! I did apply, but didn't get in, applications are currently open but I'm pretty happy with where my life is right now so I doubt I'll reapply again

I didn't realize you had a new TR going! I'm all caught up now. I enjoyed seeing all of your yummy drinks. I've gotten to be such a lightweight as I get older, the consequences of the drinks just aren't worth it anymore. I always have a list I want to try and end up with just one or two at the most.

I must get to 1900 Park Fare someday! It's one of the few that I haven't visited and it just looks like so much fun.
Hahaha yeah I randomly decided to do it!! Glad you're here!! Hahahah I WISH, the hangovers are certainly worse than when I was younger but with the east coast blood I can drink way more than I should and be fine, lol!!! It helps to share drinks too!! Park Fare is amazing!! I definitely like dinner better, but even breakfast is great!!

I love your 1900 photos! The new costumes are just the best!
Thank you!! And they are!! SO much nicer!!

Hi friends!! I'm so sorry this TR has been so lacklustre in the posting department! Life got the best of me despite only REALLY working weekends! I've been trying to start up my photography "business" and just been so tired! Lol. So, here's all of Day 5 for ya!!

b]Day 5: Tuesday May 1st[/b]

Welcome back friends!!! Today Amy & I took a VERY easy morning, where we slept in, and spent some time chilling in the cabin just enjoying life before we headed out for the day. When planning I knew that the first couple days might be CRAZY filled, and we’d want a little bit of a break (plus…y’all, park tickets are EXPENSIVE AF, and with the exchange rate being SO HORRID right now, we needed a day to not pay for a park….)

We bussed over to Disney Springs, which is where our day began at about noon! After browsing through a few shops, I knew I needed a cupcake, and like, what better way to start your day/have breakfast as a cupcake?! I won’t lie though, it’s STRESSFUL in Sprinkles, I want a GOOD cupcake, and I don’t want something that’s completely normal, like, ARRGG! I ended up going with the Margarita cupcake, one that had George Clooney tequila infused into the icing (like…what a way to start a day, right? lol)

31732232_10160628610755647_8706691886372356096_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I don’t remember what Amy had but we enjoyed our cupcakes on the Sprinkles patio and chilled for a bit. We headed out to the other end of the shops, down towards the AMC, enjoying all the new ones that we hadn’t seen before. Amy might have bought a few things, but mainly was putting things “on hold” in her brain so that she could buy them later with either Kara or Amanda around, ahaha! I did end up in the Vera Bradley store, I use a wristlet for my cash ALL the time and my old one was so ripped the coins kept falling out!

Untitled by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Isn’t it preeeeety???? (I also bought that shield later on at Universal). I was glad to final replace my old tattered one! AND while we were browsing, a CM at the store came up to me and was all “wait…I’m pretty sure I know you….” I commented that I had worked here 2014-2015 AND was literally here once a month before I moved down. He asked if I spent a lot of time at MiSi, which, obviously I did!! Turns out he used to to MiSi (still occasionally would) and recognized me from years ago, bahahhaahaha! IT NEVER ENDS lol.

With some shopping done, Amy & I knew we needed food! And the greatest place to go for that is Ragland Road! We ended up on the patio, as it was super nice out, but not too hot, and it’s just so much nicer outside. The greatest thing about Ragland is the BEER FLIGHTS!! There’s some pre-set ones that could be great, but you can also customize your own out of all of their draught beers/ciders, and they’re like $10….like… that’s a WIN in my book!

31880827_10160628610765647_2640927583029428224_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I got a couple different amber ones, the seasonal sam adams, and a cider, whereas Amy got mainly ciders on hers!

31925133_10160503651920171_3423493211593637888_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We also ordered some appetizers to tide us over for a while!

Scallops:

31727751_10160628610825647_2172625428773076992_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Deep fried with a couple of different dipping sauces, one creamy one, and one that kept throwing us off cause it LOOKED like cocktail sauce, but it was definitely mixed with something that was way more sweet, almost ketchup-ey, which was weird. I would’ve MUCH preferred regular old cocktail sauce, but they were tasty!

31760075_10160628610815647_7006902606966554624_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

The second one was some AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS SHRIMP (there were little like, crostini’s in the bag) THEY WERE AMAZING OMG! There was garlic, so much butter, and some chilli flakes to add in a bit of a kick, and we both LOVED THEM SO MUCH. It was also VERY apparent that Amy & I had so many similar food/drink choices, which always turns out to be a good thing on vacation, you get to try more things! YAY!

We ended up exploring some more shops, Amy wanted to look through World of Disney, but it honestly kinda sucked, there wasn’t much there at that time, I stared at everything at Basin wishing I could afford ALL of it/take it in my carry on home lol (I LOVE THEIR TONER) and we got some free chocolates at Ghirideli! I’d been talking to Amy about some other cheap/free things we could do today, and since it was still early, we decided to do some resort hopping! Amy had only BRIEFLY seen the GFlo, the Poly the other day, and the values! THERE’S SO MUCH TO SEEEEEEE!

We had great bus luck, jumped on one over to Riverside, where we explored, checked the shops, and took the walking path over to French Quarter to do the same. I explained how when it came down to it, FQ is literally my favourite resort; it’s super nice, decorated beautifully, amazing theme, good food, but is also super small. It’s especially great because for a moderate, it only has ONE bus stop because of it’s size, and the pricing is still super great, so yeah….that’s my resort review for French Quarter.

Next, I wanted to head to one of my FAVOURITE resorts, though we did have to hop over to a park first, but we ended up at Animal Kingdom Lodge377316_10152141695680647_2058995727_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31770154_10160628610890647_2425120294042599424_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

260017_10152138530710647_2070671263_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Like, JUST LOOK AT THAT LOBBY!! IT literally takes my breath away everytime! I am SO happy to have gotten to stay here multiple occasions, if price wasn’t an object I’d stay here EVERY trip, but like… #helpmeimpoor lol

We checked out the lounge menu and there wasn’t much there grabbing our eyes, I like to do resort tours and get drinks that are SPECIFIC to the resort I’m at, some places have at least one or two while most just have the same boring menu lol! BUT, I wanted a snack since we were there, so I showed Amy though past Boma & Jiko (where we were supposed to have dinner, but again #poor) and over to the Mara where we got some ZEBRA DOMES.

31760114_10160628610970647_5017372681993977856_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

These things are SO good, but I definitely can’t eat a full pack to myself! I was glad to share them, anyone else get that? As you get older the sweet tooth just GOES AWAY, ahahaha!

I had originally kinda wanted to hit up the Boardwalk Area resorts, check out Yacht & Beach Club but it was getting later in the day, and we were pretty full, so we opted to take the bus back to Magic Kingdom, to walk over to the Contemporary. I filled in Amy on the giant blue drink they have at the Wave, BUT then I realized the California Grill Lounge is a WAY cooler place to go, so we were luckily able to grab a table in the lounge up there!

31946399_10160503652035171_4880503717926797312_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I don’t remember what Amy had but I know it was good, and it looks good lol! I opted for a good old fashioned Mai Thai!

31753118_10160628610985647_7920875388471869440_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

It was a super nice experience, though it was still pretty early, the sights weren’t amazing, and our server was PUSHING for us to order food. We’d glanced through the menu, but there wasn’t anything we wanted that we were wiling to pay for, so we said we’d grab a pizza when we got home.

31901285_10160503652060171_3212066767773892608_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31924556_10160503652065171_150298188635439104_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

When we ended up paying, they said that we were MORE than welcome to show our receipt and we could come back for the fireworks, despite it being relatively early, so THAT’S GREAT!! We weren’t really planning on it, but it was a nice option to know we could come back to!

As our LAST stop before going home, I took Amy over to explore the Wilderness Lodge, where again, no exciting drinks or snacks, but we DID find some awesome, throwback 90’s march in the gift shop, but it was CRAZY expensive for a t-shirt. We ended up walking the “jogging” pathway over to Fort Wilderness, a manager that asked if we needed help finding our way (we were staring at a sign not knowing anything) seemed kinda weird that we’d want to walk it, but I’d done it before! The map said it was 3 miles but that DID NOT SEEM RIGHT, I can run 5k, and I’m exhausted, so it didn’t make sense. We also both deeply regretting not going to the bathroom before we left the Lodge, but #yolo

A quick bathroom break once we got the the Fort, then we ordered some take out pizza from Trail’s End, and got some drinks from Davy Crockett’s Tavern while we waited

33566832_10160726234840647_2123399490038661120_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Amy & I both got the “strawberry moonshine mimosa” and they were DELICIOUS! Oh gooooodnesss! I THINK I may have had another drink while we ate our pizza, but #yolo.

We grabbed a picnic table around the corner, and it conveniently had an empty cheque book on the table! I’d been waiting a new one for work since the old one was literally ripped in half, and Kara had yet to deliver, so we hid it under the pizza lid while we ate and no one came for it so…#mine… (IT WAS EMPTY) Also, Amy borrowed one from Trader Sam’s the other night lol. We finished a couple slices of pizza and then took the rest back to our cabin to have a super chill night!

Overall, we REALLY enjoyed today, I know it wasn’t much because we didn’t do much, but it was nice to have a nice relaxing day finally with JUST Amy & I. And I was super happy to show Amy around the resorts she’d never seen before! It was great!!

Day 6: Wednesday May 2nd

The morning routine was the usual morning line up, Amy & I split a bagel and had some coffee while we got ready for the day, and Amy called an Uber (that luckily, once again, came all the way into our cabin, YAY!) to take us over to the FORBIDDEN LAND….of Universal!! Yay!! Originally, I hadn’t planned on doing Universal, but when a TM friend commented on a Facebook post she was all “girl, why not at my park?” uh…maybe cause it’s like $200 for a DAY there now, and I honestly don’t think that’s worth it….I don’t do much at Universal lol… Luckily, Katy’s AMAZING, and gave us each a comp ticket for the day!

When we got there we commented on how SMOOTHLY the bag check goes, because of the metal detectors…though the LONG AS HECK walk to get even into CityWalk, much less the park themselves, CRAZINESS lol. A brief stop at the ticket kiosks, and we were in! Today we started with Islands of Adventures, since Kong was the newest ride! And the most amazing thing was the Universal was SO UNCROWDED, like, there was NO one around compared to the past few days at Disney, we both hoped we’d see the same thing at Disney the next couple days…

Amy & I went straight to Kong, where halfway through the queue I remembered they had/used to have people that would jump out at you and I spent the rest of the of the queue line bracing at every corner, hahahahah! The ride was good, I thought it might make more sense after actually seeing the movie, BUT it wasn’t related to the movie AT ALL, lol.

We went to Jurassic Park next, where we didn’t get wet AT ALL, so that was nice!

Then it was into Hogsmaede!!

33432178_10160718134580647_2292535946400235520_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31945876_10160503655955171_6455860643646930944_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

33540405_10160718134420647_745635335089684480_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We went into Forbidden Journey first, and didn’t have to wait TOO long, and then enjoyed the ride with MISSING AUDIO a for like 1/4 of it. We definitely could have said something and gone back through the fast pass, i’m sure, BUT, we were more “meh” we’d been on it before lol!

Being in Harry Potter’s area, I had to stop for a butter beer!

33216324_10160718134375647_5581965430341238784_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

And we hopped on the train! When we came out of King’s Cross, we laughed about how the last trip, the first time we ever experience Diagon Alley on the last trip, and how we LITERALLY COULDN’T FIND IT, I mean, first thing in the morning not a lot of people are going in & out, and it blends in. We still blamed the fact that Amy’s shirt said “Muggle” on it, lol.

33216242_10160718134235647_1719754001089560576_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Gringotts was our next stop, in which the locker situation was HECK, like, seriously, I HATE THEM. Especially when the TM’s let the entire group go in, and everyone crowds around everything like, just ONE person needs to go in #endrant #eyeroll

ANYWAYS

The wait time was posted under 30 minutes, but we probably ended up waiting more than that, but the queue has SO much stop & go all the time that it always seems to take AGES. The ride was good, as always, but I do like Forbidden Journey better! We’d done SO MANY THINGS already, that it was time for foooood! We also laughed that there was a family who was following our exact plan that morning cause we literally saw them everywhere! We set on the Leaky Cauldron for lunch, where I opted for the Mini Pie Combo, one Shepherds, one Fisherman’s Pie and salad!

31746772_10160632667700647_7791169321752854528_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

The Cottage/Shepherd’s Pie was good, I pulled like, full American and put ketchup on it…bahahha, but the Fishermans Pie, WOW IT WAS SO FREAKING GOOD! (Also Amy I & discovered this trip that we like to try a little bit of everything, and eat/drink in the order of least to most favourite when it came to foods like this, or beer flights the previous day, lol!)

After lunch we circled past to Men & Black, which Amy kicked my butt on, then wandered through Krustyland, checked out the Spongebob Shop, and then Amy suggested Mummy, which I’d never done, but maybe today would be the day!

Today was not the day….it was down…#whoops. I wanted a snack, it was hot, so I chose ice cream, but THE SHOP WAS CLOSED TOOOO! WHAT?!?! The superhero store across the street was though! I’d been looking for a new wallet, and I remembered seeing a lot of cool Marvel/DC stuff last trip but not being super into that then (hello, went home a week after last year’s trip, saw Wonder Woman, loved it, cried, proceeded to watch the ENTIRE MCU like four times through….#fanstatus) I didn’t find a wallet, but I did take a picture of what my potential future child NEEDS.

31770515_10160632667750647_7883418759640121344_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

When we came out, we saw Betty Boop literally chilling with no one to talk to, so we had some chill out time with her!

31821168_10160632667820647_8516511516189523968_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

She pointed out a Scooby & Shaggy heading inside, and said that the entire gang would be out in a bit, so we stuck around for that. AND we saw Beetlejuice literally CREEPING along the wall of the shops, just hanging around not talking to anyone being well…Beetlejuice… it was hilarious. Like, Universal characters are SO RANDOM.

The Scooby Gang came out pretty quick and they were ALL AMAZING. They had commented on the dude ahead of us’s shoes, how they had laces but they were slip on shoes, Shaggy needed some of those, and Amy definitely had the same shoes on!

31880847_10160632667975647_8617686862485520384_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Our magic bands (yes…we were still wearing them…) matched Daphne & Shaggy and they commented it was some kind of tracking device, Shaggy made a hilarious comment about it but I honestly can’t remember it, we talked about Canada for a bit too, someone mentioned Banff, and it was a grand old time!

31747429_10160632668115647_212478951325433856_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Amy & I wanted to park hop again, and she voted on taking the train back to the other side, and I wondered aloud if Gene would be around the area! He was working Fear Factor that day, and it was right around his entry time. Naturally, ONCE we were on the train he messaged me saying he’d just gotten in, but we were too far gone already, BOO.

The train departed us back in Hogsmaede, where I stopped into the Hogs Head for a lovely beer, the Hog’s Head Ale, an amber beer, and one of my FAVES!

10850098_10155091447645647_7944717012105121072_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

The girls in front of us were putting shots of fire whisky into their butter beers, which is….interesting…I assume like fireball, so I don’t think I’d be into it, but hey, to each there own!

The main reason of coming back was to meet some SUPER HEROS, and to wander the shops over there too. I ended up getting the Captain America Shield key chain, and I DID find a wallet! It was made my Loungefly, and was a Captain America one, but based off his stealth suit from the beginning of Winter Solider, which is my (and Chris Evans’s) favourite suit….BUT, it was $50 and my Visa finally declined….lol…I told the lady I didn’t have another card, since I didn’t get paid till Friday; don’t worry though, I still had cash set aside for the amount I needed each day! So I wouldn’t starve or anything!

Amy grabbed some Dip n Dots while we waited in the shade, and the hero’s started to come out! We began with our GURL Rogue!

31791273_10160632668210647_2968981127877885952_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31781852_10160632668280647_1620686006267150336_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

She commented on my skirt (it’s a Marvel Avengers, comic book panel like fabric, made by Kara, thaaaank yooouuu). I thanked her and also mentioned that it was kinda lame that nowadays was ALL about the Avengers, like Rogue was my FAVE growing up, where’s her fabric! LOL!

31820050_10160632668510647_5530272333542981632_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Amy & I decided to head over to our fellow Canadian next, who, when asked where we were from, mentioned he was there too, and asked if we were dealing okay with the heat lol.

31822510_10160632668460647_5110647113826435072_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We had a bit of a wait for Cap, but like, that’s totally okay for me, he’s my favourite Avenger! A few groups in front of us, a kid got to hold the shield and I freaked out, and was all “this would never happen at Disney….lol)

31793479_10160632668875647_4442054786128281600_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

He asked where we were from, and when we said Canada, he poked me and was all “that explains the sunburn…” #thanks

31870552_10160632668725647_7450416542157635584_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We talked about some other stuff, and he asked if I was Team Cap or Team Iron Man, to which I said “Team Cap…duh…I even have a mini you…” and pulled out the Tsum Tsum of the day….which he thought was super awesome

31889178_10160632668985647_7941520763687796736_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31841489_10160632669070647_584356212158496768_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

THEN HE PULLED THE GREATEST MOMENT OF THE DAY AND OF MY LIFE AND I’M STILL NOT OVER IT Y’ALL, He was all casual, and “Did you want to hold the shield?”

31815455_10160632669455647_5927237997295566848_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31746781_10160632669510647_166429274050396160_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

LIKE…YES…PLEASE…I WILL HOLD YOUR SHIELD…I WILL DEFEND EARTH, THIS IS MY LITERAL DREAM AND I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

31749650_10160632669595647_2983545954684108800_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Highlight of the day….FOR SURE! Like, just look at our faces, lol. It was definitely amazing.

Figuring that the day couldn’t get any better than that, it was time to go home.

Lol.

Okay…but in reality, we’d done pretty much everything we wanted to so we started to head out of the park. (Oh…somewhere in there when we checked in on Mummy multiple times we ended up riding Jimmy Fallon which was great, as always, and the wait is entertaining!)

Your Disney Springs day sounds like fun. I'm not a fan of the sprinkles cupcakes, just not enough icing for me. I love the color/pattern of the wristlet you bought.

Mmmmmm, Butterbeer. I prefer the frozen variety myself.

b] Day 7: Thursday May 3rd[/b]

GOOOD MORNING!!!

SO…today had some last minute changes to the plans…and no… it wasn’t all the sangria the night before lol…it was a FRIEND AT TROLLEY who had been out of time, and since we were SO CLOSE to MK already, why NOT stop over?! We had some coffee & breakfast in the cabin before bussing down to the boat, where we once again, chose to boat to the Contemporary, and walk to the Magic Kingdom to cut down on time.

We got there around 9am, and had a LOVELY adventure with Ellona, she’s always such a joy to watch perform, and SUCH an amazing human being, we had lots of hugs, lots of love and lots of chats at the end of stop 4!

31898360_10160638535470647_1305282982646382592_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

31542915_10160638535575647_2514053583385657344_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

SO CUTE!!!

With our only priority at MK done, we hopped on a bus over to Animal Kingdom! It’s one of my FAVOURITE parks, and we REALLY didn’t spend enough time at it on this trip, heck, we spent BARELY enough, but it was a day that my I was JUST OVER IT with CROWDS and heat, and with feeling uncomfortable in my outfit and just overall, not great lololololol. When we were going over planning, Kara & I were laughing cause when we worked in Florida, we’d always hit MK on our first day off, and end up at DAK if we were even SLIGHTLY hungover….cause…the place to go when you feel like poop is the place that smells like animal poop right?? LAWL.

Breakfast WAS NOT tiding us over, and I’d wanted to eat in Pandora, and Amy wanted to walk through Pandora at the least, so we headed there first!

IMG_3695 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_3698 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_3701 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

I hadn’t been able to get us any Pandora fast passes due to getting our tickets so late in the game, but THANKFULLY, Amy had already seen all the Pandora stuff, as had I, so we weren’t about to WAIT FOREVER for it. Food however, yes please. I got the kids meal of the Cheeseburger Pods, and it was super yummy, it tasted just like a McDonald’s cheeseburger inside a dumpling bun, I would like 12 right now please….The QS CM’s here were also AMAZING, like the second you were officially done with stuff they’d be there politely asking if they could grab stuff out of your way!! ALSO, #bless for having the pop machines being “fill your own” cause I totally got lie 4 refills on my kids drink lol. On the way out, Amy & I continued our “are we doing this basic thing right???” trend..

31870576_10160638535795647_6249658297398329344_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

The three of us walked through Pandora over to Africa and browsed through the shops, where I wanted to buy all the things!!! Then I suggested since we were in the area, we may as well pop into Festival of the Lion King, since we were there and I’m always down to see it twice!

IMG_8053 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_8054 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_8055 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_8063 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

SPOILER ALERT, Chrissy is adorable and amazing and lovely as always and didn’t know we were there, but freaking KILLED IT. I was legit so emotional during the show I teared up during BE PREPARED…LIKE WHAT??! HOW?!?! WHY?!?!1 I am a WRECK with this show! lol!!

After the show when the tears were shed, I asked Amanda about the tigers, so we headed over the the Jungle Trek

IMG_8069 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

IMG_8075 by Katt Wyllie, on Flickr

We DID see them, but they weren’t having the photos! We spent a lot of today wandering, we debated a snack, we got into Pocahontas’s line at one point but as it wasn’t moving at ALL we left, and went back to Everest to use our fast pass!

31968126_10160658228745647_5434583176607432704_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

It was around this point that we discussed the rest of the day, I REALLY like Rivers of Light, but Amy & I had seen it before, and we could still come back, so it was PARK HOPPING that said YES to us.

LUCKILY we came up to a full bus line that meant one was sure to come right away, UNLUCKILY, we were the first party NOT allowed on the bus, and we had to wait for the next one. All of which could’ve been avoided if we’d just bussed to a Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club and walked from there….ugh…

Eventually we got to Epcot, where we made a pit stop over at Voices Of Liberty for some a/c and some talented music, and meandered around. I texted Kara that we were there, whenever she was done her shift! Though the 3 of us each stopped in the UK to get some fish & chips, though Amy & I shared! YUM!

Kara said she didn’t bring a change of clothes, though SHE PASSED HER ASSESSMENT! But was going to Disney Springs, so we planned to meet her there! After a bit of shop wandering, and Kara/Amanda helping out with the discounts, we headed to BLAZE FOR DINNER! I’d NEVER been before, but i’ve HEARD SUCH AMAZING THINGS (and since have discovered there is one literally 2 blocks from my house, so whoops….also I want one NOW lol)

31907372_10160638535805647_5507426255739289600_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Kara kind of wanted to go see Infinity War again that night, but DCP/DCRP was having the Starlit Splash even at Typhoon Lagoon that night so she was torn. We were all down for the movie, though Amy & Amanda weren’t up to date in the MCU, Amanda even said “Imma spend the entire movie going “who’s that…who’s that? why are they fighting? WHY ARE YOU CRYING KATT”” kinda thing…lolololol. SO, when Kara BAILED (jk) to Starlit Splash, we went back to the cabin to have a chill night, I ate some leftover Blaze & we watched some tv

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter