A push to sell more MBs?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
With Disneyland no longer allowing charging back to the room with the KTTWC, do you think this is a push to sell more MBs?

You do the charge backs through the Disneyland app. They got rid of the room key as a way to charge items.

• Beginning Tuesday, Feb. 28, Guests wishing to charge items to their room at participating Merchandise or Food & Beverage locations must use the Disneyland app.
  • Hotel room keys will no longer be accepted as a way to charge to the room.
  • In order to access the Charge to Room option, Guests must first link their hotel reservation in the Disneyland app.
  • From the My Hotel Reservation screen, Guests can select “Charge to Hotel Room” to pull up a barcode participating locations can scan.

Having to use the app will be way more inconvenient…. It will probably push people to the magic bands…. At least couldn’t they give you a digital card you can just show for the stay? I’m not opposed to technology, but having to navigate all those steps just to show a code is quite inconvenient… Just have a scannable code in your apple wallet that you can show at any time…

Considering you can't charge back to the room using MB+ at Disneyland, no.

You also still can't use them to unlock your room door at DL.

Considering the app is required now, and not the KTTWC card... Does this imply the MB still works as a second option?
Thanks

I think in the future that you will no longer have the convenient KTTW card to do everything, you will have to use an inconvenient app on your phone, or a high dollar MB at both DW and DL for such.
Cha-ching!!

I always have to go to the front desk at the WDW resorts to get at least one of my magicbands coded to get my room door open. Without fail, they tell me that I have too many magicbands. I'm sure Disney marketing would love to hear that.

No. At Disneyland, Magic Bands are linked to ticket media, not your Disney account. They only work for things your ticket would be used for.
Even then, we haven't had success using MB for Magic Key giveaways. Have you? Cell reception under SSS is horrible. We often see MK holders struggling to open their app to pull up their ticket.

Even then, we haven't had success using MB for Magic Key giveaways. Have you? Cell reception under SSS is horrible. We often see MK holders struggling to open their app to pull up their ticket.

I don't have a magic band. I have a screenshot of my Magic Key barcode that I use when the app is being glitchy. Since it's not a dynamic barcode, like Ticketmaster, a screenshot works.

I don't have a magic band. I have a screenshot of my Magic Key barcode that I use when the app is being glitchy. Since it's not a dynamic barcode, like Ticketmaster, a screenshot works.
I use a screenshot as well. I need to use a screenshot for parking and for MK perks. My point was that, if the MB can do all that a ticket can do, it should be able to be used for parking as well as MK giveaways.

I use a screenshot as well. I need to use a screenshot for parking and for MK perks. My point was that, if the MB can do all that a ticket can do, it should be able to be used for parking as well as MK giveaways.

Not necessarily. The MB is using RFID and that is not used for issuing MK discounts. They have to actually scan the barcode. RFID is basically a set of permissions that are granted when in proximity, that's all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter