A question about the "land" portion of the Land/Sea Package

AlexandNessa

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green
Hi there,

We booked a land/sea package, and I see that we'd be paying rack rate for the GF. As the discount codes come out, would they still apply to the room or are we out of luck since the rooms are booked through DCL?

Also, has anyone added a meal plan to the park tickets when doing the land/sea package?

Thanks for any help!

I am not positive on this but I would not think so. I have done land and sea twice but we did the do it yourself version. :wizard: It always worked out way better in the end. ;) We just booked the 3 day cruises and then booked wdw vacations on our own, as usual. ::MickeyMo I would work out my way versus there pkg. land and sea and I always did better with discounts (we have an ap for tickets).

Good luck, mky princess:

AlexandNessa said:
We booked a land/sea package, and I see that we'd be paying rack rate for the GF. As the discount codes come out, would they still apply to the room or are we out of luck since the rooms are booked through DCL?
Sorry, no discount codes are applicable to the land portion of the land/sea vacation.

Also, has anyone added a meal plan to the park tickets when doing the land/sea package?
Meal plan is not added to tickets, it is added to the hotel stay. DCL is considering offering this, but they haven't started offering it yet, from what i have heard.

If you buy the land/sea package from DCL, you get their rates (you can't change anything),.
We've done both.
The first time we booked each part separately. The second cruise we booked the land/sea directly from DCL. There were a few cute things thrown in but it didn't really make up for the difference in price (like a special pin and a picture block at epcot).

But it was very convenient checking in at our hotel for the cruise and then just going to the port without check in.

we'll probably never go on DCL again (kids are too old - above the age DCL is geared for), but we really really really loved our two cruises..

but the bottom line is, if you've already booked, i don't think you can change it.

About cancelling vs. changing. I would ASK cause I did wind up cancelling a 7 day cruise at one point, and they REALLY push on the phone, can you re-shedule? change something? cause you booked early and have a great rate? I was told I would get the rate offered on the date I booked the 7 day if I wanted to switch to a different cruise, date? IE if you drop the "land" and keep the "sea" you might get a fairly good price on the sea only if you booked early etc.... and then just book your own disney.

FYI, I was also offered, to check in at the poly (for the cruise) and take the bus from the poly if interested. But we had rented a car for length of stay so we kept if for our trip. Parking at port is 10.00 /day but SO convient. It was cheaper to keep the car for the whole time and park (we where down for 18 nites total) than go back and forth, and re-rent a different car. Now DCL policies change all the times, but since the magic is out west they are less busy in florida, So things could change but my cruises where aug 04 & march 05.

Good luck, mky princess:

Feel free to email me with any ?'s about the cruise's. ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter