A question

Nonie12

Earning My Ears
We're part of DVC, and one of my friends who is also a DVC member told me about "The Owner's Locker. I thought about it and DH said that it sounded like a good thing for our next trip in January. And I think that there will be more to pack since we're going to have the baby there. So, I was wondering "Should I do it ?" I think that we should do it but we also have to think about the prices. (We still need to board my dog.) My friend will take her. But for $100 a week! We're going for 2 weeks so that's $200 right out of our budget.

There used to be a special deal from owners locker for the Dis. I have had one for a few years and wouldn't be without it! Look for owners locker on you tube and you will see what somefolks (including me) got into theirs. they even store a tennis racket for me, even though that has to be seperate to the locker. Annual fee around $90 for one trip or a bit more if you know you will go several times a year. one off joining fee.

Hello there :)

You will likely do better on the US DVC Planning forum being from the US, and a tip would be to mention Owner's Locker in your subject heading. There have been many threads about it and very many satisfied customers so you could maybe begin with a search - I never find what I want on these boards' search facility, but being much younger, you may be better at this than me ;).

The cost is not $100 per week. The last time I looked it was $99 a year including 2 visits (for the first few years at least I think), and $25 per extra visit. There may also be a one-time joining fee if there are no offers around.

It may be a very good deal for you, depending on how you use it. For instance, would you be able to travel with cabin baggage only, thus reducing your flight costs? Are you likely to go to WDW more than once a year?

I had one for 2 years but have now cancelled mine because the way in which we vacation is different, but I will say that the service is excellent and it was very very useful when I really needed it.

Hello there :)

You will likely do better on the US DVC Planning forum being from the US, and a tip would be to mention Owner's Locker in your subject heading. There have been many threads about it and very many satisfied customers so you could maybe begin with a search - I never find what I want on these boards' search facility, but being much younger, you may be better at this than me ;).

The cost is not $100 per week. The last time I looked it was $99 a year including 2 visits (for the first few years at least I think), and $25 per extra visit. There may also be a one-time joining fee if there are no offers around.

It may be a very good deal for you, depending on how you use it. For instance, would you be able to travel with cabin baggage only, thus reducing your flight costs? Are you likely to go to WDW more than once a year?

I had one for 2 years but have now cancelled mine because the way in which we vacation is different, but I will say that the service is excellent and it was very very useful when I really needed it.

Nonie12 was referring to the cost of having the dog looked after as costing $100 a week not the Owners locker. I hope so otherwise I will have to cancel my locker :rotfl:

We have had our locker now for a few years and the service is excellent and the locker is so usefull for us and our needs, therefore we can highly recommend it. :)

Nonie12 was referring to the cost of having the dog looked after as costing $100 a week not the Owners locker. I hope so otherwise I will have to cancel my locker :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Obviously I need to master this reading lark ;)

I do agree that it can be very useful and I wouldn't hesitate to sign up again should our holiday pattern change again :thumbsup2

We have had our locker now for a few years and the service is excellent and the locker is so usefull for us and our needs, therefore we can highly recommend it. :)

LOL! :rotfl2: Nope, you were right. You don't need to cancel your locker. I was just talking about how much it would cost for me to board her.

LOL! :rotfl2: Nope, you were right. You don't need to cancel your locker. I was just talking about how much it would cost for me to board her.

We had the same this year with our dog, I got to upset at the thought of putting him in kennels so paid a friend instead. Friend happy, doggy happy and we were very happy and had a great vacation.
By the way Owners locker does do a try it now no risk guarantee, try it and if its not for you no matter what the reason within the year return the locker to bell services and Owners locker will return all your money back no questions asked.
The locker works well for us. :)

i'm not sure if having owners locker would make a lot of sense.....

Everything you could need can be bought online and delivered to your resort.

i'm not sure if having owners locker would make a lot of sense.....

Everything you could need can be bought online and delivered to your resort.

Owner's Locker is not a delivery service but a storage service. Of course you can order stuff online and have it delivered to your room / villa, but then you will need to take it home with you and bring it back next time.

With the OL, at the end of your vacation, you put all the stuff in the OL box and send it back to storage until your next visit.

We started our OL last May and it's not very full yet, but that's some of the stuff we have in there:

- raincoats
- sunscreen
- after-sun lotion
- Disney soaps, shampoos, shower gels
- Wifi router
- 3-in-1 laundry sheets
- postcards we didn't write on our last visit

Very practical indeed.
We store american electrical goods (hair straiteners, battery chargers, shaver etc) save carrying them back and forwards from the UK and work a lot better than UK ones on adapters.
Water park drink cups, saves buying them each year, all the left over toiletries that always got binned as no room in the case
And the list goes on feel sorry for the guys having to carry it as it weighs a tonne.

Brandis and Disneemad: You guys told me alot! Thanks so much. I'm probably gonna get it. :)

We got owners locker this year for the first time - mainly due to Virgin cutting down on the luggage allowance - and the fact that we take the same or similar things back and forward across the Atlantic everytime we go.

Was it worth it - In my opinion - a big yes!!!

Saves me carting all the stuff around with me and it will be exciting opening the box next time! A little bit of us is still in Florida - sad I know!

I just started to put together a list on what to bring or buy for my next trip. We are staying in a 3BR Grand Villa at OKW in September.

I like to have some hot tea in the morning and evening, at OKW it might be quite a hike to the refill station, so I decided to bring a pack of tea bags of my favorite tea. To get rid of the chlorine taste of the water, I will pick up a water filter at Wal Mart.

Plastic bags to put the filter in when stored could be useful too. Then I need sugar cubes. And maybe a tupperware box to store the sugar in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter