A Restful Spring Break? - A March/April 2024 Trip Report

Day Two - First Rest Day - A Very Lazy Day!

The problem with not going as often to Disney, we have lost our Disney stammania. Also, Morgan and Gwen are becoming more and more teen like. They don't sleep super late like most teens but they def are lazier! So.... today was a rest day!

We didn't set any alarms or anything, which was nice. We were tired but didn't sleep that late.

Around 8:30, Andy and I spent some time on the balcony and watched all the people running around the lake. Tehre was a cute Father and Son running together. The little boy was probably 6 or 7.

Around 9:00, Andy went for a walk around the lake, he wanted to stretch out his back some.

I went to get Breakfast for the girls and coffee for me.
Heading out to get Breakfast

Originally, I wanted to mobile order from Ale and Compass but my eggs benedict that I really wanted wasn’t an option as take out. So, I went with just counter service. ;(

I ended up mobile ordered from Beach Club’s counter service as they had a better egg sandwich option, that Gwen wanted.
Goofy at Cape May Cafe
On my walk over I saw Goofy meeting people at Cape May Cafe. I snuck a picture.

Beach Club's Eggs
I checked out the chocolate Eggs in the Beach Club Lobby.

Beach Club's Eggs

Beach Club's Eggs
I liked the Groot one the best. It was nice to have the small displays at both resorts.

I checked out what they had in the gift shop there. Both stores at Yacht & Beach are very small! Beach Club had some super cute resort merch and I was jealous cause Yachts's was just ok.

I only had to wait a few minutes for my order to be ready. I tried to fill my cup with coffee, which I could have done BUT Beach Club didn't have milk only creamer! yuck! So, I waited to fill it at Yacht Club's counter service.

Gwen wanted hot chocolate, so I got that at Beach Club where they had it in a machine that made it for you. At Yacht Club was hot water and packets. It was intresting how they were different when they were so close to each other.

Beach Club Marketplace:
Breakfast Sandwich
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on Hot Cakes with Breakfast Potatoes
Breakfast Sandwich
Gwen said this was good.

Bounty Platter
Scrambled Eggs and Mickey Waffle with Bacon, Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes, and a Biscuit
Morgan got the bounty platter
Bounty Platter
I was able to get Morgan butter, jelly and syrup all to go. She also was pleased with her breakfast.

I walked back, stopped at Yacht Club to get my coffee with milk and headed back to the room.

It ended up being a bit of an adventure but it was good to walk a little.

We chilled in the room, I ate my breakfast on the balcony.
Momma's Portion
I took the breakast potatoes from Gwen's meal and Morgan's bacon and had a nice little breakfast with my coffee.

View for Breakfast
My view while I ate.

Around 11:30, weaded to the pool to swim a bit.
Headed out for a Swim

We went out our side door again and entered into the pool area by the pool bar. A nice short walk!

Storm-a-long Bay

pool
Love this pool! We usually end up over on this one end for seats, not sure why but...

Gwen Ready to Swim / Annoyed that I am trying to take her picture
Ah! Teenagers... Annoyed with parents... Got to love it.

Whirlpooling It
The first time we stayed here, Morgan and Gwen spent all of there time in this one area... but swimming in circles. So, this iwas a just a little nostalgic swim.

Morgan and Gwen
I probably have a few of pictures of them here.

I got in as well. The water was a little on the cold side today. Andy tried to get in and was like NOPE! His back was not going to allow it, so he went into the hot tub instead.

The girls and I went over and did the lazy river for a bit. But it was a little chilly going in a tube.

We joined Andy in the hot tub for a bit. He was in the adult only one, but there was only 2 other people and they didn't mind Morgan and Gwen comin in. We said that as long as they acted appropriately. Which they did.

After while, we decided it was time to head back to the room.

The girls headed straight back to the room.

Andy and I went to the pool bar to get a small snack. But the bar tender said that they were backed up and would be 40 minutes. So we headed into Market at Ale and Compass. We ordered a Ham and Cheese Sandwich and I filled up our mugs.

Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Served on a Pretzel Roll with Chips
Lunch

They didn’t have any of the house made chips so they told us to just grab a bag out in the main area, so I grabbed cheetos for the girls.

I also grabbed a bag of cheddar popcorn for everyone to share in the room. Andy and I shared Ham and Cheese Sandwich & I had a beer in my margarita glass and just chilled on the porch some more.

The rest of the afternoon was spent showering, napping and just relaxing in the room.

----------------------------------------------Up next....... Dinner at Homecomin'---------------------------------------
Untitled

That sounds like a lovely, low-key morning!

I wish I could still sleep that late - 7:00 is sleeping in for me these days. (Ah, children!) I appreciate your commentary about the differences between the Yacht Club and Beach Club breakfast offerings as we’ll be taking advantage of those.

I also love your pictures from the pool! I hope it’s not completely overwhelming, but it does look very fun to swim there. It should also be plenty warm that the pool will feel nice!

I always envy your break days because they sound perfect! I just never can convince myself to take a day off when we're at Disney World LOL I'm sure my family would rather you be in charge of their plans! 🤣 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter