• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A sad sad day....

npierce25

Mouseketeer
Today I had to cancel our trip..... i haven't stoped crying since i made the call. I feel like such a dork, but my heart is broken. It was our 1st family vacation, EVER and all of our 1st trip. It was my dream, we were in animal kingdom lodge, we had a nice long trip planned to take time with our daughter who will be turning 4. i am such a disney fan that when i watch anything disney related, it brings a tear to my eye. it has been a rough couple of years for my family, and i was so looking forword to this. im just devistated..... thought i could share with people who care.... sorry to cry on all of your shoulders....

sorry to hear that you dont get your trip that is the reason I haven't done a ptr because I may have to cancel ours but here's a:grouphug:to help you thru.

That is always sad, but especially when it's so close to your trip and your first trip. You should really postpone, even if yo udon't now when you might go. That way you are still in planning mode which is fun and not as sad. :hug:

my husband works in construction, and we booked and paid for it when he was working lots of overtime. Now, its winter in PA, and there is no work. hes been laid off for 2 months, and we cant afford to go now. We were holding off to see how much our tax return was, and it wasnt what we thougt it would be, so we had to cancel. Part of me is hoping he will get a new job in the next 2 weeks, and we can call and book it all again. I dont know when we will get an oppertunity to go again for a while. I finish nursing school in june, and dont know when ill be able to take time off of work.

thanks for the hugs everyone.

I feel your pain. I've been there. I had a trip planned, paid for, everything was going to be perfect. :sad2: I had to call 1 week prior and cancel. Actually, I couldn't bear to cancel completely so I rescheduled from Sep 2009 to April 2010. I was able to save more money to upgrade to the GF and now I'm so excited!
I know how you feel though. I cried. I cried on the phone with the CM when I called...as she was reading out all my wonderful ADRs while she cancelled them, it made me cry more. :sad1:

I'm so sorry, that is such a disappointment. Things will get better and when the time is right it will be so sweet!

Sorry to hear the unfortunate. However, you did a smart thing by not going. As least you know your priority. :thumbsup2 When the time comes, I am sure you will have a second chance to go Disney eventually. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter