A secret cruise and then the Fantasy!

Don't know about packing cubes. Sounds interesting.Do u have a link to check it out? In past sometimes I use the larger ziplock style clear bags - i like to be able to see everything

The packing cubes I use are Travel Wise. They aren't completely see through like a Zip-lock style bag. However, they hold up and really help me keep suitcases organized. Here is a link to them from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...prefix=travelwise+,aps,193&crid=32TSPSITH9V0C

Hard to believe but we are just 2 days away from stepping aboard the Wonder for our weekend getaway. I know it is going to go by too fast! I emailed both of my kids teachers today to let them know we are ditching Friday but it is a surprise......so shhhhh, mum is the word. I have almost spilled the beans a couple of times myself because I am just looking forward to the fun-filled weekend. This morning at breakfast my hubby ask what we are doing this weekend!! I shot him a look and said well it is Mother's Day. Then his memory kicked into gear. LOL

So, I need to finish up packing for this quick 2 night trip. Basically, Mother's Day outfits and last minute toiletries are all I need to do. The weather in So Cal has cooled down tremendously, but it won't affect my children wanting to swim on the ship or hit the water slide.

I received notification that our magic bands have shipped for the WDW portion of our big trip. We are watching the mail for those. I think I have finished shopping for the vacation. I picked up new swim goggles for the kids. Oh, I ordered and got this awesome snack kit from Amazon for the trip. It was about $22 and is filled with a huge variety of snacks. Now, I know I could have built one myself, but I would have spent more money buying everything and breaking it up. We will use the snack kit for the days we fly and our excursion days. I think it will be just the right amount of snacks. Since there is an abundance of food on the ship and we have the dining plan and club level for WDW, I am not going to pack a ton of snacks. I did add in packets of beef jerky and some protein bars for my hubby and I, along with a few gallon zip lock bags. Then, I can just make up a zip lock bag to throw in my backpack when we go ashore for an excursion. Here is a link to the snack kit I purchased from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HANGRY-KIT-S...TF8&qid=1494360383&sr=8-1&keywords=snack+kits

Well, I probably won't post again until after our mini secret cruise. I will let you know how the surprise pans out!

Happy Sailing to all today on may 12'. To all mom's Have a happy Mother's Day ! Cheers to a great fun filled and hope not so quick weekend. Dawn

Have a great trip.

I just finished reading your report. This sounds like so much fun. We are going on the same Western Caribbean cruise in 2018. I can't wait to hear all about it.

We have been to the World several times and have done laundry while there. We always bring single packs of liquid Tide and our own dryer sheets. I have really sensitive skin so it is hard for me to switch detergents and dryer sheets. When we would do laundry my husband would take the kids to the pool and i would start the laundry. You are able to look on your at how much time you have left for the washer and drier so after getting it started I would head to the pool. I would just periodically check how much was left. Once it was almost done I would head back and switch the loads to the dryer and head back to the pool. I would even head to grab lunch for the family. Again I would just check the time and head back to the machines when it was time. We have never stayed at the Contemporary (we stayed at CSR and POR when we did laundry) but I would think it was all the same.

I am the same as you with packing. We pack way to much. Even with the meds that we take. I have a whole bag that is all meds. I take everything with us including pink eye because my daughter got pink eye really bad on our first trip to the World. We also get really bad allergies while we are down there. We are from Ohio and there is a point around the Carolina's that the allergies hit. My daughter is the worst. So we have a ton of meds just for that. Here at home she takes Zyrtec and Flonase daily and this last trip last June she had to take a sudefed pill as well. I am going to have to figure out how to cut down on how much we pack for the cruise.

I love the packing cubes. I might just have to buy some.

Have a great trip.

I just finished reading your report. This sounds like so much fun. We are going on the same Western Caribbean cruise in 2018. I can't wait to hear all about it.

We have been to the World several times and have done laundry while there. We always bring single packs of liquid Tide and our own dryer sheets. I have really sensitive skin so it is hard for me to switch detergents and dryer sheets. When we would do laundry my husband would take the kids to the pool and i would start the laundry. You are able to look on your at how much time you have left for the washer and drier so after getting it started I would head to the pool. I would just periodically check how much was left. Once it was almost done I would head back and switch the loads to the dryer and head back to the pool. I would even head to grab lunch for the family. Again I would just check the time and head back to the machines when it was time. We have never stayed at the Contemporary (we stayed at CSR and POR when we did laundry) but I would think it was all the same.

I am the same as you with packing. We pack way to much. Even with the meds that we take. I have a whole bag that is all meds. I take everything with us including pink eye because my daughter got pink eye really bad on our first trip to the World. We also get really bad allergies while we are down there. We are from Ohio and there is a point around the Carolina's that the allergies hit. My daughter is the worst. So we have a ton of meds just for that. Here at home she takes Zyrtec and Flonase daily and this last trip last June she had to take a sudefed pill as well. I am going to have to figure out how to cut down on how much we pack for the cruise.

I love the packing cubes. I might just have to buy some.

Thank you for the laundry advice and reassurance that it can be done without drama on vacation! I love your idea about pool time coinciding with doing it!

Confession time….so I have begun packing for the trip……… in my head!! I know I have a vacation planning and over-organizing illness…I already admitted that. In any case, I don’t think it is too early to begin mentally packing and list making.

Since I will be gone for two weeks, I do need to be somewhat organized, which led me to a recent realization…..I WILL HAVE TO DO LAUNDRY ON VACATION!!! Say what???? I know millions have forged this road before me and done laundry and survived. And I do laundry almost 365 days per year, so I don’t want to do it on vacation. It is one of my vacation rules! However, it seems a little crazy to pack clothes, pajamas, underwear, etc for 2 full weeks. I have never been gone this long before…let alone with children. So, I think it is best (and realistic) to plan to do laundry. I am thinking I will plan to do it after we disembark and get to the Contemporary Hotel. I don’t have tickets for or plans to go to the parks that day. We just have a dinner reservation at Disney Springs, so it seems like it might fit into that day ok. What do you think? Anyone care to weigh in on the riveting topic of laundry??? These are the things that I think of!

Well moving on from laundry, each person will carry a backpack and carry-on suitcase onto the plane. Then, I will need to check the big mama suitcase…possibly two. I probably sound like an over-packer….which means I probably am. But I like to be prepared!!!!! I know it is another illness….over-packing, but I am ok with it.

My kids backpacks will hold:
Travel toys/games/entertainment for the 5 hour plane trip
Headphones
Snack pack
Reusable water bottle
Wipes-regular and antibacterial

My backpack will hold:
Cruise docs and Excursion paperwork/WDW Papers
Passports
Wallet
Reusable Water Bottle
Make-up
Snacks
IPhone
Ipad mini
Reading Book
Advil-Adults/Kids
Motion Sickness pills just in case

My back pack is my purse for the duration of our trip. I will need it for WDW and excursions. I plan to pack a cross-body or something similar to have to carry around the ship…not a big backpack all of the time. Something that can hold my phone and wallet easily and keep my hands free.

My DH can put whatever he desires in his back pack…or he may not even carry one at all. Since he won’t be taking his laptop to work on, he won’t really need a backpack. I will find something for him to carry on!!! LOL

Now as far as a packing list here is what I have sorted out to pack in the suitcases:
Super cool personalized Cruise shirts and clothing items
Pirate attire for 4 people
Formal night attire for 4 people
Bathing suits 3 for each person- pool and beach days-2 for each person may work ok
6 Outfits for 4 people (Shorts and shirts mostly)
Exercise outfit for hubby and me
Pair of jeans for each person (I am assuming it will be too hot that we won’t need more than that)
Sweatshirt/Jacket 1 for each person
Pajamas - 3 pair for each person
Underwear
Socks
Hats
Toiletries
Hair items
Shoes
Medicines

I am sure there are some things I have forgotten, but I can add them to the list as they come to me. At least I have a starting point!
This is super helpful!

I received notification that our magic bands have shipped for the WDW portion of our big trip. We are watching the mail for those. I think I have finished shopping for the vacation. I picked up new swim goggles for the kids. Oh, I ordered and got this awesome snack kit from Amazon for the trip. It was about $22 and is filled with a huge variety of snacks. Now, I know I could have built one myself, but I would have spent more money buying everything and breaking it up. We will use the snack kit for the days we fly and our excursion days. I think it will be just the right amount of snacks. Since there is an abundance of food on the ship and we have the dining plan and club level for WDW, I am not going to pack a ton of snacks. I did add in packets of beef jerky and some protein bars for my hubby and I, along with a few gallon zip lock bags. Then, I can just make up a zip lock bag to throw in my backpack when we go ashore for an excursion. Here is a link to the snack kit I purchased from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HANGRY-KIT-S...TF8&qid=1494360383&sr=8-1&keywords=snack+kits

Well, I probably won't post again until after our mini secret cruise. I will let you know how the surprise pans out!

I just saw this HANGRY kit--how funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts