A Star Wars Story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkh36619

DIS Veteran
Read a couple of articles that came across my news feed on my phone stating rumors that future "A Star Wars Story" films are being put on hold at Lucas Films to focus on E.9. I guess that would be the Obi and Fett films that was talked about.

It is too bad because Solo was actually quite good and I still want an Obi Wan movie with Ewan in the role. However, I do think they should pull back and not release a Star Wars movie every single year. They should get Episode IX taken care of, then assess and come up with a more spaced-out schedule that they can maintain for future movies.

I still believe the rumors. It just makes sense.

Well, unless I am misreading the report, it doesn't specifically say they are still planning the side movies focusing on a character from the original trilogy (Boba Fett, Obi Wan, etc.) just that they are still working on movies outside of the main storyline one and apart from others that were more specifically already announced:

"Instead, Lucasfilm told ABC News there are still "multiple" Star Wars films currently in development that have not been officially announced. Those projects are moving forward separate from an already-announced "Star Wars" trilogy being overseen by "The Last Jedi" director Rian Johnson and another series of movies from "Game of Thrones" producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss."

I believe they need to unify the SW nation. So concentrate your creative talent into one film.
Yeah they need this new film to be a solid conclusion. I think if they stick the landing with 9 it’ll make TLJ a more likes film than it is. But even as someone who enjoys TLJ, they have their work cut out for them trying to wrap things up cleanly in 9

This was quiet. Happened across a YouTube video talking about it, but had to search to see a story about it.

I don't think there's really a saturation issue per se. There are new Marvel movies coming out constantly and yet the good ones are still huge. I think it's a quality and consistency issue. I loved Rogue One and was happy with TFA. TLJ however, killed the "OMG, gotta see it" feeling for me. I haven't seen Solo yet mostly because I'm not feeling strongly enough to get a babysitter. It will be the first Star Wars movie I probably won't see in a theater. I'm not boycotting or part of any fan protests or anything, I just found that I fell on the very disappointed side of things so I'm not that into new SW at the moment.

They need a "direction" with their stand-alone films.

Just pulling a character or event from Star Wars history and making a movie about it doesn't do it as well as a series of movies that builds up to a climax (ala Marvel movies). It's just confusing to the casual fan to have a movie that is "somewhere" in the Star Wars history timeline -- that most of the fans don't even know. I mean they don't even tell you in the opening of the movie WHEN it happens.

An "Ant Man or Black Panther" movie works in the Marvel Universe because it is part of a continuous timeline and plotline. You get casual fans who only know Black Panther from Captain America:Civil War to invest into an entire movie about him (and .. it was good to boot).

Han Solo was great -- but it would have been a lot better right after Force Awakens .. as a homage to a character that just died.

Rogue One was a good movie, but why release it after Force Awakens? Why have a movie about the stealing of the Death Star Plans sandwiched between two movies that happen decades later with entirely new characters.

At this point I'd much rather see an Obi or Fett movie than Episode IX. I'm so disappointed in TFA and TLJ I don't think we'll go to the theater to see IX.

At this point I'd much rather see an Obi or Fett movie than Episode IX. I'm so disappointed in TFA and TLJ I don't think we'll go to the theater to see IX.
For me its time to move on from these characters we know (and love). I have no doubt that Ewan would be great in a standalone Obi movie but we already know a lot of his back story through the cartoons. I know its not the same as a movie but I think its time to tie the current saga up with episode 9 and really go out and explore the galaxy. Lets go back to the old republic. Or go so far forward after ep 9 that Kylo, Rey, Luke, etc. are all names in history.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter