A Tale of Horror and Fantasy Hard rock club level 10-7 thru 10-10 2017

chs27

Mouseketeer
Well here it goes! I've just bought snacks for our road trip, so it must be time. Leaving Friday night from north Alabama and driving 9 1/2 hours to Orlando.

Who am I? I'm Charlotte, a not so technology savy hairdresser, who may figure out how to post pictures. I'll work on that. Traveling with my husband of 25 years, Mark, and our 16 yr old son, Murl.

Let me start by saying we are not first class people unless we are vacationing, which we hardly ever do.Club level, at the Hard Rock, baby! We have never stayed club level before, so I'm excited, to say the least.

My spring garden was prettier than my summer. Our idea of eating out is cooking out of our garden. We all work in it, every day. We have sheep, goats, fish, five dogs, one cat, and chickens. 2017-10-03 14.41.43.jpg 2017-10-03 15.28.15.jpg 2017-10-03 15.30.42.jpg This vacation is out of the normal for us. I believe we'll feel a lot like the Beverly Hillbillies when we arrive at HRH.

Last edited:
Well look who figured out the color key! To the plans!

We'll drive all night Friday, arrive at HRH Saturday morning. Sleeping at the pool until our room is ready will probably be what we do. Disney scooter will be delivering a scooter for my hubs.

Sunday morning will be Volcano bay challenge. How many water rides can DS and I do before lunch? I'm trying to get him excited about early morning swimming.

Then a nap.

HHN with express pass Sunday night! DH and I have watched all the movies, rented off of Amazon.

Monday is IOA and US. Tuesday hit faves and head over to Boardwalk villas for four nights. Check out Saturday to journey home.

Enjoy! Your garden is so beautiful! I started a garden this year for the first time. I clearly need to do LOTS of research over the winter to improve for next year, but it was a true learning experience!

Enjoy! Your garden is so beautiful! I started a garden this year for the first time. I clearly need to do LOTS of research over the winter to improve for next year, but it was a true learning experience!
Thank you! It really is fulfilling to eat your own prepared food. Just start small and go from there. We rarely ever eat away from home. This vacation has me nervous, a little, to think of going so long only eating out. My body is adjusted to my own cooking.

Thank you! It really is fulfilling to eat your own prepared food. Just start small and go from there. We rarely ever eat away from home. This vacation has me nervous, a little, to think of going so long only eating out. My body is adjusted to my own cooking.
Yes, I know what you mean. While we don't grow much of our own food, we cook from scratch. Eating out is fun on vacation, but then I start to crave being in my own kitchen! The grass is always greener... I haven't been to Universal yet, but at Disney we are able to find things we like by hunting around, and avoiding the easy, obvious choices. But I do love a Mickey bar! I hope you have a wonderful trip, and find lots of tasty food! We might try club level for our trip in April, so I'm curious to know what you think.

Beautiful garden. Ours didn't do too well this year, too much heat and then too much rain:rolleyes1
Hope you have a great trip, sounds so neat to be Club Level! Lots of tasty treats.

U are so close for the vacation!

Such a nice looking family

Enjoy and have fun !

Sounds like a fun trip. We stayed club level at HRH for our first onsite visit and loved it. We scored a deluxe room and the couch was so comfy that I fell asleep there a few times. I think that you can wait in the club lounge for your room to be ready if you don't want to sleep by the pool although I know you have to have a room key to access the elevator to the 7th floor so they may give you a card...who knows?

I love your garden, mine suffered the same fate as Tink2day's and did not do well. I think I'll go back to a tilled garden next year and give up on the raised bed...too many fireants.

Hope you have a safe journey and a wonderful time pixiedust:

Nice start!

Hope you really enjoy your trip.......look forward to reading about it........

You do get a separate club key card for when you check in

It allows you to use the club lounge prior to your room being ready and assigned

We drove all night Friday, leaving the house at 10:30, arriving Saturday morning around 10:00. A scooter company met us at 12:00 to drop off hub's scooter. M enjoyed a swim while we waited in the lobby. Bell services had stowed our luggage. I went to retrieve our swim bag, it was still parked in front of HRH. I helped myself to it, not anyone seemed to notice. That's reassuring. So we decided to go sit at the pool til room was ready. Just as we made it to the pool, I got the text room was ready. We had a view of the front of the hotel

2017-10-14 20.16.49.jpg

Glad you are back posting about your vacation!

Hope you include your monster cafe pic..

Such a delight it was, to be able to meet up with you and your son

When we first saw you walk up, I turned to Robbie and said looks like she has her husband with her

Duh
It was your son

You look SO young!!

We decided to go to Universal. I think we were all deliriously tired and maybe should have just hung around the pool. M and I rode the Rip coaster then all of us did the Fallon attraction. We made our way over to the Potter area. Then we came back to HRH to see the dinner offering. It was chicken wings and macaroni bites, along with vegetables and cheese. M said it was a little better than school food. This would be our routine, eating breakfast and dinner in the lounge. There was a small fridge in the room. I made bologna sandwiches for lunch. This is part of the horror. The food was not good. My hubs refused to eat from the lounge, but wouldn't eat anything else either. Just stayed angry and hungry the whole time. I suggested a restaurant, but no, not after paying for club level.

Now here I want to say I met a couple of Dis ladies who vacation without their husbands. I completely understand!

M and I managed to enjoy ourselves, even without grumpy pants. But honestly, I would not do club again. There was a sound the door makes, almost like a flute sound, every time someone enters. I heard this sound into the night. Hubs went out to smoke at 4 a.m. Saw a paper bag of bagels for the lounge, in the floor outside the lounge, where they remained until 6 a.m. He cautioned us against eating them.
2017-10-14 20.37.36.jpg 2017-10-14 20.35.57.jpg 2017-10-14 20.38.01.jpg 2017-10-14 20.36.29.jpg 2017-10-14 20.36.57.jpg

Glad you are back posting about your vacation!

Hope you include your monster cafe pic..

Such a delight it was, to be able to meet up with you and your son

When we first saw you walk up, I turned to Robbie and said looks like she has her husband with her

Duh
It was your son

You look SO young!!
Hope you will post it for me! M never actually took a picture! So, I don't even have one. Meeting you and Robo was definitely a highlight of my trip.

I'll send Robbie/Robo a pm and ask her to post the pics

Thought we used your phone to take a couple of them but will see if she took some also

We were hoping to see you again that night
Thought it would be fun if you and son join us doing a house

Yea, Robbie and I leave the spouses at home when it comes to doing the darkside

We have more fun then

Mr Mac does not read the Dis so I can be blunt saying he stay home when I do my Orlando trips
Lol

And it was a highlight to be able to meet you two!

I enjoy putting a face with a name

I'll send Robbie/Robo a pm and ask her to post the pics

Thought we used your phone to take a couple of them but will see if she took some also

We were hoping to see you again that night
Thought it would be fun if you and son join us doing a house

Yea, Robbie and I leave the spouses at home when it comes to doing the darkside

We have more fun then

Mr Mac does not read the Dis so I can be blunt saying he stay home when I do my Orlando trips
Lol

And it was a highlight to be able to meet you two!

I enjoy putting a face with a name
That sounds good. I thought M had taken pictures but he had not. After we left you we crashed. Started the day at Volcano Bay and finished at HHN. We slept anytime we weren't touring!

I do remember looking at his phone and both pictures were on it

I am sending a note to Robbie and ask her about those pics

I know she has one of me

Volcano bay opened at 10:00 Sunday morning, that's 9:00 for resort guests. We were on the bus by 8:15 and were second in line for entry. At opening, we grabbed a locker and rode repeatedly anything we had the energy to climb. Even after official opening the waits weren't bad. The not so lazy river opened around 11:00. We didn’t eat anything from the park but gone are the long lines for food people complained about earlier in the season. We left around 1:30.
2017-10-15 19.51.02.jpg 2017-10-15 19.49.45.jpg 2017-10-15 19.50.13.jpg
2017-10-15 19.49.06.jpg
2017-10-15 19.52.52.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!