A week of Disney dining in photos COMPLETE May 2

liamsaunt

DIS Veteran
I am just back from a week of dining around Disney with my crew and have lots of photos to share. I'm anticipating a blizzard on Tuesday and so should be able to get most of this review done quickly. I'll be covering:

The Flower and Garden booths (we got to all but two)

Quick service:

Restaurantasaurus
Fairfax Faire
Pecos Bills
Golden Oak Outpost
Satu'li Canteen
BaseLine Taphouse
Sommerfest

Table service:

California Grill
Jiko
Rose and Crown
Raglan Road
Mamma Melrose's
Flying Fish

Plus random snacks and drinks. Stay tuned for lots of photos!

OK I think I have the picture thing figured out. I'll start with the Flower and Garden booths. Our first stop was the Honey Bee-stro, where we sampled the honey tandoori chicken flatbread with white cheddar cheese, charred vegetables, clover honey sour cream, and micro watercress.

This was a little disappointing. The chicken was dry and as you can see, they forgot the micro watercress. I think this might have been my least favorite food that we tried at the festival.

We skipped the next two booths, Pineapple Promenade and La Isla Fresca. Nothing at the pineapple booth sounded appealing, and as much as I wanted to try the sugar cane shrimp skewer at La Isla Fresca, I was with my nephew, who has an anaphylactic allergy to crustaceans, so I decided to skip it.

Next up, The Berry Basket. Here we have the field greens with fresh strawberries, crisp quinoa, strawberry vinaigrette, and spiced pecans

The salad greens were nice and fresh and the strawberries were very sweet. They forgot the vinaigrette, but we still enjoyed it. You'll notice that this salad has a ricotta-style cheese in it, which is not part of the menu description.

We also tried the Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepper Berry Gelato

This was a big hit with the kids. I tried a bite and the cake was tender and the gelato has a nice flavor. It was not peppery at all.

I'm going to stop here just to be sure that the photos are displaying correctly. It's been a while since I've posted photos on the dis.

OK, that seemed to work. If the photos are too large please let me know. Next booth was Jardin de Fiestas. We sampled the Chilaquiles with Ranchera Sauce, Chorizo, Mexican Cream and Cojita Cheese

jardin de fiestas chilaquuiles

My nephew inhaled this and later went back for a second piece. It was a big hit with him. He ate it so fast that no one else had a chance to sample it!

We also tried the Capirotada: Bread Pudding served with Rompope

This was a very pretty dessert. The flavor was good but the pudding was a little springier than I prefer. It also had the misfortune to be sampled the day after we had dinner at Raglan Road, so it was not going to rate highly after we had Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding!

Next booth was Lotus House. We tried the Vegetable Spring Rolls

These are just your standard vegetable spring rolls, nothing particularly special about them, but the kids inhaled them and later went back for another order.

We also tried the Fried Chicken Dumplings with Peanut Sauce

Again, just your standard dumpling, but they were nicely fried and the filling was juicy.

Next up was Bauernmarket: Farmer's Market. We sampled the Potato Pancakes with Housemade Apple Sauce

These were disappointing. The cakes were undercooked, with a floury texture and raw onion flavor. I'll admit that my family makes some pretty stellar German food so I might be pickier than most.

Next we tried the Toasted Pretzel Bread topped with Black Forest Ham and Melted Gruyere Cheese

i did not try this, but those who did enjoyed it. My husband bought another one for breakfast later in the trip.

Finally, we tried the Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries

This was a big hit with everyone. The cheese filling was not too sweet and the pastry was tender.

More booths coming up in a bit.

Hello to everyone reading! Thanks for following along. Let's continue the tour of the Flower and Garden Booths.

Next up we have Primavera Kitchen. We tried the Frozen Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila

Sadly, this was too sweet for me. My brother in law was happy because I promptly dumped my entire drink into his glass :-)

We ate the Frittata di Asparagus: Asparagus Frittata, Mixed Greens, and Citrus Dressing

This was tasty. The greens and asparagus were very fresh.

Finally, we sampled the Panna Cotta al Melone: Cantaloupe Panna Cotta

This was delicious! Lightly sweet and filled with melon flavor. I could have eaten an entire one by myself.

Next we stopped by the Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews. My husband tried the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House Made Pickle and my friend tried the Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw. Both were heartily enjoyed. Unfortunately it was very dark and the photos came out blurry, so you will just have to imagine these dishes :-)

Hanami: Japanese Kitchen was next up. Here my niece sampled the Ginger Beef Yakiudon: Thin-sliced Beef, Onions and Noodles tossed on the grill with Soy and Ginger.

She inhaled this and went back for them twice more during the trip. None of us can tell you what they tasted like because she refused to share haha.

My nephew chose the Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice, sprinkled with Toasted Coconut on Whipped Cream with Raspberry Sauce on the side

It was sweet, so naturally got the thumbs up from him.

Our next stop was Taste of Marrakesh. We sampled the Harissa Chicken Kebab with Dried Fruit Couscous salad

The adults all liked this. The chicken was tender and the marinade had lots of flavor. The couscous was tasty too, though it was served ice cold. I would have preferred it at room temperature.

We also got the Fried Cauliflower with Capers, Garlic, Parsley, and Chili-Ranch Sauce

This was a tasty bite! The cauliflower was super crispy, and the brininess of the capers worked wonderfully with the fried food. Even my vegetable-averse friend enjoyed sampling this.

I will try and finish up the food booths tomorrow. Lots more photos to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter