A Whirlwind Trip to Shanghai Disneyland!

We didn't have fp's since as I mentioned I lost my room key early on, then was told afterward it wouldn't have mattered since you have to get paper tickets in order to get fp's. Our trip wasn't organized at all, we were mostly just happy to be there checking out the new park! :)

I will try to finish up this report later today and finish responses as well. Sorry for the delay - lots happening lately.

I didn't mean you were unorganized, just the SDL system. :hug:

Looking forward to more!

Have you done a SDL TR also?
Mine is under 'One Day at Shanghai Disney'. Don't ask me to link it- I'm useless at that, but go through my server name and find it there.
We didn't have fp's since as I mentioned I lost my room key early on, then was told afterward it wouldn't have mattered since you have to get paper tickets in order to get fp's
We just used the hard ticket we were given at TSH. It was just like the keycard, so DH locked them in the safe the day before we went so we wouldn't try to use them as door keys! Maybe they're paper tickets at the gate?

We just used the hard ticket we were given at TSH. It was just like the keycard, so DH locked them in the safe the day before we went so we wouldn't try to use them as door keys! Maybe they're paper tickets at the gate?

Hmm... we weren't given hard tickets at the hotel. Just our room keys which we were told would double as our park tickets. They worked fine to get us into the park at least. If I ever went back I'd definitely make sure I had a ticket that would work to get me fast passes!

Mine is under 'One Day at Shanghai Disney'. Don't ask me to link it- I'm useless at that, but go through my server name and find it there.

I keep forgetting how to do the link, too. Google isvyourvfriend! :rotfl2:

Would you say that the differences between the two hotels justify the cost?

I would, yes. The SDL hotel is wonderful and much less expensive than the deluxe hotels at WDW! :) The Toy Story Hotel is very cute and vibrantly themed, but it is more on par with the value hotels at WDW.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't know how an entire month has gone by since my last update, sorry about that!

The next morning, we packed up all of our bags and headed down to the lobby to check out and store our luggage. The staff here was so nice and I got a friendly smile and wave as I took a photo after checking out.

IMG_2827.jpg

Next, we headed over to the Ballet Cafe to grab some quick items for breakfast. This was a really cutely themed quick service cafe.

IMG_3049.jpg
IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

However, I was still dreaming of Lumiere's and asked Kelly if she would mind checking it out to see if we could get in for the breakfast buffet. She quickly agreed so we headed downstairs for one last sit down meal in China!

IMG_2896.jpg

I LOVE Beauty and the Beast, so I was pretty much in heaven here!

IMG_2837.jpg
IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg
IMG_2885.jpg
IMG_2888.jpg

more pics in next post...

The restaurant was not busy at all, so we had no wait to get in and Goofy was there to greet us before we took our first bites!

IMG_2833.jpg

You may notice I'm wearing the same shirt as the day before... let's just say that after two weeks in China, I had run out of new clothes to wear! :rotfl:

After our pic with Goofy, it was time to tackle the baked goods table - holy moly!! Many of these pastries were ones we'd seen at Remy's bakery. There was no way we could try everything, but everything looked so beautiful and tasty! :thumbsup2

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg
IMG_2865.jpg

I ended up with just one pastry, a muffin, some fruit (love the watermelon and dragon fruit in China), a thin pancake thing (can't remember what it was called but it was really good) and some teriyaki chicken.

Wow! This breakfast was seriously the highlight of SDL for me!

Stay tuned for some shopping at Disney Town in the next update!

I found your TR yesterday and have really enjoyed reading all about your trip! I would love to get out to see the Disney parks in Asia someday but it will most likely not happen anytime soon. Looking forward to the rest!

Oh what a cute restaurant!! Love Beauty and the Beast too (so excited to see the live action movie!)

Those pastries look so yummy, you showed great restraint :rotfl2:

I 'recycle' clothes on holiday, too. I'm not there to do washing!! I try to mix my upper and lower clothes so it doesn't look like I've worn the same ones the whole time. Hang them up for an airing and wear again 4 or 5 days later. If someone was rude enough to point it out, I'd just tell them pfffffft!! Get a life!

img_2827-jpg.201274

LOVE the Disney character portraits behind the reception

However, I was still dreaming of Lumiere's and asked Kelly if she would mind checking it out to see if we could get in for the breakfast buffet. She quickly agreed so we headed downstairs for one last sit down meal in China!

I would too. Glad you got the chance to check it out. LOVE LOVE LOVE the theming (after all Lumiere is one of my favorites and Be Our Guest is my fave Disney song). Looks like a great selection of food as well

I love your trip report. The mosaics are gorgeous. The buildings all look beautiful. It's too bad that the lines were so long. All of the people must have been in the lines because so many places you visited, like Gaston's, looked almost empty.

I found your TR yesterday and have really enjoyed reading all about your trip! I would love to get out to see the Disney parks in Asia someday but it will most likely not happen anytime soon. Looking forward to the rest!

Thanks!! I would also love to visit the other parks - too bad the lottery gods aren't cooperating! :rotfl:

Oh what a cute restaurant!! Love Beauty and the Beast too (so excited to see the live action movie!)

Those pastries look so yummy, you showed great restraint :rotfl2:

The restaurant and pastries were all so beautiful! I wish I could have eaten more pastries but I don't think that would have been wise - can we say sugar high! :hyper:

I 'recycle' clothes on holiday, too. I'm not there to do washing!! I try to mix my upper and lower clothes so it doesn't look like I've worn the same ones the whole time. Hang them up for an airing and wear again 4 or 5 days later. If someone was rude enough to point it out, I'd just tell them pfffffft!! Get a life!

I just figured by the end that Kelly was the only one who would even know I'd worn the same thing the day before and she was in the same situation! :laughing:

LOVE the Disney character portraits behind the reception

I would too. Glad you got the chance to check it out. LOVE LOVE LOVE the theming (after all Lumiere is one of my favorites and Be Our Guest is my fave Disney song). Looks like a great selection of food as well

Yes, the artwork throughout this park and the resorts was really the highlight for me! And the music they played in Lumiere's was just perfect! I LOVED that restaurant so much! :goodvibes

I love your trip report. The mosaics are gorgeous. The buildings all look beautiful. It's too bad that the lines were so long. All of the people must have been in the lines because so many places you visited, like Gaston's, looked almost empty.

Thank you!! Yeah, the long lines were the only bummer but it did seem that that's where everyone was so it made for some really nice and empty restaurants and pathways!

Hi welcome back! Thanks for posting. It is fun to see the different styles of restaurants in other Disney parks in
other countries.

Wow the details are Amazing! I can't believe how well everything is themed and detailed. You are so lucky you got to see this in persson because the pictures are amazing,must have been even better Thanks for posting this.

Hi welcome back! Thanks for posting. It is fun to see the different styles of restaurants in other Disney parks in
other countries.

I know, the restaurants we went to were so nicely themed! Now I'm wishing we had the extra time to try some of the other ones there!

Wow the details are Amazing! I can't believe how well everything is themed and detailed. You are so lucky you got to see this in persson because the pictures are amazing,must have been even better Thanks for posting this.

They really were! They did a great job with this park! I would love to go back someday, and I also really want to go to the other international parks now!

I love your report!

Thank you! I will try to finish it up this Saturday - high of 10 forecast with snow so I should have plenty of time to work on adding the last photos! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!