ABD Barcelona Escape and cruise cancellation

Is it a short escape or a full ABD? I would think with the short escapes, which are intended as a pre- or post-cruise thing, they'd work with you if the cruise is canceled. If it's a full ABD, then that's really pretty separate from the cruise, even if you're doing them back-to-back. I'd hope ABD would work with you, but they've been so close-lipped about things. I'd call ABD and ask to talk to a Supervisor.

Sayhello

Yes, it is a short escape, just 4 days and linked to the cruise. They actually bring you to the ship the next day. They have cancelled the China and Italy trips already. Hope they give us this option.

We are booked on the Magic Med. cruise with ABD during the sailing (the BCN Escape was booked when we tried to reserve). Our cruise price does not list out our ABD, it is a lump sum. Our trip is May 30 departure, and I can't decide what I want to do about it.

Just piggy-backing to the Barcelona question...wondering if anyone has any info regarding if ABD will cancel the May Adventures to Barcelona? Has ABD made any public statement similar to DCL? I haven't seen one.

Just piggy-backing to the Barcelona question...wondering if anyone has any info regarding if ABD will cancel the May Adventures to Barcelona? Has ABD made any public statement similar to DCL? I haven't seen one.
Based on my experiences with China (We were supposed to go in June) they will wait and see, they are "closely monitoring" the situation and trying to evaluate on a case by case basis, I'm not sure if they would allow you to "park" your money without the penalty. I wish I could say I was surprised by them giving the short escape people a hard time, but when we were trying to get any help with China they were horrible. Honestly, if this had been my first experience with ABD we wouldn't be going back, and thank god we had booked with Dreams so they were able to fight for us to move our money to another adventure.

Sadly, I processed airline refunds today. American cancelled our flight to BCN. We still have a return trip listed, but...no way to get there that wouldn't take 24 hours. Hopefully the refund will be reviewed and processed within 7 days. Now to see what ABD and DCL decide to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter