ABD Extends Relaxed Final Payment Policy Through March 2022 if Booked by March 2021

I got this too and under the current model the MAY 2021 to Italy PIF will be due in February. But what if I want to cancel the trip - my old deadline was 120 days, is it now 90 days for full refund? thanks!

I got this too and under the current model the MAY 2021 to Italy PIF will be due in February. But what if I want to cancel the trip - my old deadline was 120 days, is it now 90 days for full refund? thanks!

Unless you booked it during the promo where they specifically said you could cancel for a full refund at any time up until PIF you still would forfeit your deposit. All this does is give us more time to PIF before departure, and imposes the larger cancellation fees closer to departure as well.

I would assume if you were booked under the special promo it would push that back as well, but since it doesn't specifically say here I would ask them directly.

Unless you booked it during the promo where they specifically said you could cancel for a full refund at any time up until PIF you still would forfeit your deposit. All this does is give us more time to PIF before departure, and imposes the larger cancellation fees closer to departure as well.

I would assume if you were booked under the special promo it would push that back as well, but since it doesn't specifically say here I would ask them directly.
yes I did book during that cancel PIF period. So this is great news. Now I can cancel 90 days out but who am I kidding that ITaly will happen in May???? I think I will be cancelling but at least I have longer. thanks!

yes I did book during that cancel PIF period. So this is great news. Now I can cancel 90 days out but who am I kidding that ITaly will happen in May???? I think I will be cancelling but at least I have longer. thanks!

Congrats! I reeeeally wish that was an option for us poor January folk! :upsidedow

Agreed, called and the cast member said it's based on that promo that was done in May/June that just expired a few days ago. ALL I WANT IS MY DEPOSIT back and I booked at the end of January 2020. I called and spoke with a supervisor and they said it will most likely travel and the good news is Paid in Full extended. All i have to say is adventures by disney if by far the worst disney customer service. They are not flexible and are not waiving anything for those that booked early bird trips in January/Feb 2020. Going forward I would not be booking with this company. I don't want 75% travel credit either. Even if they offered a bonus of 125% on a credit like DCL I would take my money and run from ABD.
I'm gonna try talking to another supervisor, if not going to dispute a claim with BBB. Had enough going back and forth with them. That's just wrong for them to hold money from people just before it was announced as a pandemic.

Congrats! I reeeeally wish that was an option for us poor January folk! :upsidedow

I feel your pain. I went thru it all summer waiting for Disney to cancel the August trips allowing me a refund. On further thought I cancelled my Italy 2021 last night It just doesn't seem realistic for May and I honestly don't want to spend the first half of 2021 with yet again a vacation up in the air and my not having a say in it. I am planning trips on my own next summer, domestically, in full charge of my reservations. Just easier on my mental health!

Agreed, called and the cast member said it's based on that promo that was done in May/June that just expired a few days ago. ALL I WANT IS MY DEPOSIT back and I booked at the end of January 2020. I called and spoke with a supervisor and they said it will most likely travel and the good news is Paid in Full extended. All i have to say is adventures by disney if by far the worst disney customer service. They are not flexible and are not waiving anything for those that booked early bird trips in January/Feb 2020. Going forward I would not be booking with this company. I don't want 75% travel credit either. Even if they offered a bonus of 125% on a credit like DCL I would take my money and run from ABD.
I'm gonna try talking to another supervisor, if not going to dispute a claim with BBB. Had enough going back and forth with them. That's just wrong for them to hold money from people just before it was announced as a pandemic.

Please share how you get on with them.

The 15 day rule has always made me feel uneasy... its such an oddly short period of time. My main complaint is given the length of this darn thing its hard to even move our trip out. We can technically move once, but it has to be within two years, right? So my Jan 2020 trip has to be completed by Jan 2022. This entire year is a wash, and frankly the first half of 2021 is too they just aren't ready to admit it yet. Even if we WERE back to normal in the second half of 2021 (fill in reasons for that here, I don't want to argue anymore about it and we aren't sure on the timing yet) we're only talking moving my May 2021 to July -mid Oct. Plus we probably couldn't get the ship tour again anyway since there are only 40 spots per sailing. That's it for Rhine sailings until May 2022 which is too far out. Cancelling and eating the deposit or going on a trip we don't want to are our "magical" options here. :rotfl2: Having them come out with a 'cancel without penalty' right after our booking was just icing on the cake.

I have the Oct 2021 rhine river cruise and honestly I dont think it will go like they say. I did have the wish excursion too. Im gonna try talking to one more supervisor and see otherwise going to file with BBB. Its seriously no ones fault, but the way they are handling the situation is unreasonable. They should have offered the cancel at any time and get deposit back to anyone that booked earlier in the year. Plus that survey didn't get to go out to everyone, and they are skipping a lot of peoples and their opinions. They need to come up with a new survey and send it out to everyone

Seriously, for anyone that did book early Jan/Feb/March in 2020 for bookings for 2021 and is trying to get their deposit back, call them and escalate a case. This if for anyone that got stuck pre-pandemic and they are trying to say you signed a legally binding contract that you can only get deposit back within 14 days. Call them and tell them about the survey and how you got it and then were rejected when asked about social media. Tell them your concerns about traveling, safety as priority and experience. State your case and be firm in your position. Tell them your concerns and how you would like to work with them in resolving the issue. Yet, if they are unable tell them you will get another party involved if not resolved. Keep escalating your case with management and be prepared to be on the phone for a while, but hopefully you will get the outcome you needed. Good luck, I will say I will probably book ABD as a last minute add on moving forward since they are so hard on flexibility. Such a same as I like traveling with Disney.

Feel to free to pm.

We didn't receive one of these notices, but we have an ABD booked to Peru next summer which would fall under these guidelines. When we had one of our ABD cancelled last summer, and Disney was great to work with for refunding the trip, even before this change. I'm glad to see that ABD is being accommodating for families that want to start planning for future travel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter