ABD Greece - Kind of a Specific Question

KLondon

Mouseketeer
Hello all... We are doing an adult-only ABD Greece trip in May. For anyone who has done this tour: Do you recall the time of day the 'Welcome Dinner' is held on Day 1 of this tour?

For context, we are arriving in Athens a day early, so Day 1 of the tour for us is mostly a free day. We're just trying to plan some things for that day but want to make sure we schedule around the Dinner.

Thanks!

Hello all... We are doing an adult-only ABD Greece trip in May. For anyone who has done this tour: Do you recall the time of day the 'Welcome Dinner' is held on Day 1 of this tour?

For context, we are arriving in Athens a day early, so Day 1 of the tour for us is mostly a free day. We're just trying to plan some things for that day but want to make sure we schedule around the Dinner.

Thanks!
It all depends on the Trip. If you call Adventures by Disney, they can usually look up times. They usually have a "Please arrive by XX time on the first day of the tour to make it to the welcome dinner on time"

It all depends on the Trip. If you call Adventures by Disney, they can usually look up times. They usually have a "Please arrive by XX time on the first day of the tour to make it to the welcome dinner on time"

Thank you! I understand all that, and I think the ABD guidance is more for people arriving that day to ensure they will make it to the hotel at a reasonable time to be able to attend the Welcome Reception/Dinner. We are arriving a day early, so Day 1 (Arrival Day) will be pretty much free time for us.

My question is more about specifically when the Reception/Dinner happens on Day 1. We are planning to take an ebike tour that day, so I just want to make sure that I book a tour at a time that still allows us to be back at the hotel in time for the Welcome Reception/Dinner.

I would be at the Hotel by 5 pm
to be on the safe side ........ better to be early than late

I would be at the Hotel by 5 pm
to be on the safe side ........ better to be early than late
Sometimes they start at 4 or 4:30. Please only answer questions you actually know the answer to.

Sayhello

Sometimes they start at 4 or 4:30. Please only answer questions you actually know the answer to.

Sayhello

They are going on an "e bike tour " So be back for 3.30 to 4.30 pm. so
if they have to " hang around " for a few hours

Dinner might not start till 6.pm or later .

It is Europe not U.S.A.

They are going on an "e bike tour " So be back for 3.30 to 4.30 pm. so
if they have to " hang around " for a few hours

Dinner might not start till 6.pm or later .

It is Europe not U.S.A.
It's an ABD, so they have a specific starting time depending on where the welcome reception is. It's not whenever they feel like showing up. If the reception starts at 4:30, they're not going to want to do a tour that ends at 4:30. But I know you've never done an ABD, so you wouldn't know that.

Sayhello

Thank you! I understand all that, and I think the ABD guidance is more for people arriving that day to ensure they will make it to the hotel at a reasonable time to be able to attend the Welcome Reception/Dinner. We are arriving a day early, so Day 1 (Arrival Day) will be pretty much free time for us.

My question is more about specifically when the Reception/Dinner happens on Day 1. We are planning to take an ebike tour that day, so I just want to make sure that I book a tour at a time that still allows us to be back at the hotel in time for the Welcome Reception/Dinner.
I was in a similar situation with my NZ AbD, and the Vacationistas were able to find out when the first night dinner would start, so I could adjust my day accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter