ABD Ireland Questions

kiddisney

DIS Veteran
Hi - we had our DVC trips cancelled this year, our cruise, and the upcoming trips are going to be cancelled because of no shows at EPCOT (CP and Arts Festival) - so with the disappointment this year my son asked to go to overseas next year and we booked ABD Ireland - does anyone have any tips, recommendations, issues that you can share - any discussion would be appreciated - thanks

waving hi from Dublin, Ireland. Ireland is so easy to do DIY but I will have a look at the ABD Itinerary and get back to you

We did the ABD Ireland in 2017. You will have a great time, we loved it and want to go back to Ireland! I briefly looked at the current itinerary and it has changed a bit. Upon arrival at the Westin in Dublin, we were given tickets to go to Trinity College (just down the street) to view the Book of Kells, and we took a student lead tour of the college (check online how to sign up for that). Highly recommended. Consider in your free time some shopping on Grafton Street. We ate at Gallagher's Boxty House in Temple Bar (again, easy walking distance from the hotel). For our free afternoon/night we toured the Jameson Distillery on our own (excellent) although I see that you will tour the Teeling Whiskey Distillery. We also went to the Brazen Head Pub, the oldest pub in Ireland (1198). We did the Food, Folklore, and Fairies dinner show there - nice. It looks like the tour no longer goes to the Guinness Storehouse for lunch or the tour. This is sometimes maligned by tour experts but it is Dublin's # 1 tourist attraction for better or for worse. I liked it, good history, and learned how to pour a proper pint, but there is no tour of the actual distillery here. I also wanted to go to Kilmainham Gaol but couldn't find the time to get there. Hope this helps for Dublin. Oh, if you are into cocktails the Westin has a great bar in the basement that used to be a mint. Also, the Bank Bar nearby used to be a bank, both very nice.

Do you have time for Northern Ireland? We loved Dublin and the the amazing natural sites of the land. This is also Game of Thrones country!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter