ABD Pricing

BDK33

Mouseketeer
Does ABD do pricing like cruises, where price increases as more people book?

Thinking of doing one in 2020 so trying to figure out when best time to book is?

TIA

Is Using DVC points on ABD considered a good deal? or do you mean you always get opening day prices, no matter when you book?
If you own DVC, you always get opening day prices, no matter what the current price is when you book. You have to tell ABD that you own DVC when you book.

I've heard many people say it is *not* a good use of DVC points (but a heck of a way to use them up if you have to!)

Sayhello

If you own DVC, you always get opening day prices, no matter what the current price is when you book. You have to tell ABD that you own DVC when you book.

Sayhello

shhh.. don't tell my DH.. he is still upset we haven't taking the DVC plunge. We stopped doing DW for a while for DCL to see more places and now we have started to look ABD to go more indepth, so I try to tell him investing in DVC isn't wise.

shhh.. don't tell my DH.. he is still upset we haven't taking the DVC plunge. We stopped doing DW for a while for DCL to see more places and now we have started to look ABD to go more indepth, so I try to tell him investing in DVC isn't wise.
It *isn't* a wise investment for DCL and ABD. Especially if you're not going to WDW. Most people rent their DVC points for cash to take DCL cruises and ABDs. :)

Sayhello

Last edited:
Is Using DVC points on ABD considered a good deal? or do you mean you always get opening day prices, no matter when you book?

Yes and no on using DVC points for ABD. Yes, to you always get opening day pricing.

I’m going to use Italy as an example. The DVC points cost is 730 points. I’m not sure what opening day pricing was but I did see the lowest adult price listed as $5099, so I’ll go with that. We have 1300 DVC points and if I wanted to use DVC points to “pay” for my ABD trip, I could technically bank/borrow so that I have 1460 points and book through DVC for DH and me. However, that’s not what I’d do since I know I will always get a better value for my points by using them to book stays at DVC resorts.

Instead, I’d rent some of them out through David’s DVC rental. They sponsor the DVC board here on the DIS. Rather than be out my entire year’s worth of points and then some, I can rent out the points, cover the cost of the ABD and still have points left in my account. So if I rent out 730 points, the point cost of one person, through David’s I would get $14 per point which would be $10,220. Now I can pay for 2 people. If you own SSR or OKW it’s $13 per point.

I've heard many people say it is *not* a good use of DVC points (but a heck of a way to use them up if you have to!)

Sayhello

I assume this means that if you are a DVC owner you will receive opening day prices "if" you pay with points, but not if you pay with cash. :confused3

Smiles!
Kate

I assume this means that if you are a DVC owner you will receive opening day prices "if" you pay with points, but not if you pay with cash. :confused3

Smiles!
Kate

No, you get opening day cash price. We have never paid with points and always get opening day pricing. Italy is 730 points on opening day and 730 points when it is nearly full as long as there are spots. Opening day pricing might be $5099 per person and then later as it fills may be $6299 per person. As a DVC owner I would pay $5099 even if the website currently says $6299. I hope that helps.

Smiles!
Kate
Nope, it means you get opening day prices if you pay with cash. You book for cash through ABD and tell them you are a DVC owner. I assume there's some way that they verify this.

I don't believe the points price for an ABD changes as the trips fill up like the cash price does.

Sayhello

Calypso's post should be an eye opener to all DVC members.
My story, took Greece trip last October. Spent 1,422 points.
Their street price 19,908. Trip for two would have costed
me 13,000. $6,000 I could have used for flights.
I have 510 points at Boardwalk. Eye opener!

No, you get opening day cash price. We have never paid with points and always get opening day pricing. Italy is 730 points on opening day and 730 points when it is nearly full as long as there are spots. Opening day pricing might be $5099 per person and then later as it fills may be $6299 per person. As a DVC owner I would pay $5099 even if the website currently says $6299. I hope that helps.

Nope, it means you get opening day prices if you pay with cash. You book for cash through ABD and tell them you are a DVC owner. I assume there's some way that they verify this.

I don't believe the points price for an ABD changes as the trips fill up like the cash price does.

Sayhello

Calypso's post should be an eye opener to all DVC members.
My story, took Greece trip last October. Spent 1,422 points.
Their street price 19,908. Trip for two would have costed
me 13,000. $6,000 I could have used for flights.
I have 510 points at Boardwalk. Eye opener!

I know this is an old post but this is great news that I was unaware of! Is there a way to find out what opening day price was for each trip? Or do you have to call to book to find out?

I know this is an old post but this is great news that I was unaware of! Is there a way to find out what opening day price was for each trip? Or do you have to call to book to find out?
You'd have to call ABD. But you can just call to inquire, you don't have to be ready to book. A Travel Agent *might* have taken note of what opening day prices were, but I doubt that. Calling ABD and asking them is probably your best bet. Just tell them you're DVC and curious about what the opening day prices were.

Sayhello

You'd have to call ABD. But you can just call to inquire, you don't have to be ready to book. A Travel Agent *might* have taken note of what opening day prices were, but I doubt that. Calling ABD and asking them is probably your best bet. Just tell them you're DVC and curious about what the opening day prices were.

Sayhello
Okay, thank you! This is good news that I have to keep in mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter