ABD Rhine vs Danube River cruise for summer 2018

frozenmania

Earning My Ears
I am new to ABD and looking for advice. We are two famous traveling together with four adults and four kids (ages 7-11 next year) and interested in ABD rivercruise in 2018. We have done Alaska ABD this year and our kids loved it. We have done many Europe trips through Disney cruise and our kids travel very well.

We are having tough time deciding between Danube vs Rhine cruise. It looks like Rhine has many age restrictions on their excursions. Anyone with any advice? Greatly appreciate all your help.

I haven't taken the Rhine cruise, so I can't compare the two. But the Danube cruise was *fabulous*!! And there wasn't the issues with the excursions that they seem to be having with the Rhine cruises. I really loved the mix of activities and choices they had. Budapest was an amazing surprise, and I totally need to return there now. All the kids on our cruise seemed to be enjoying themselves...

Sayhello

Ditto on the Danube cruise. My son was 11 and loved it. We did it in 2016 and they were totally flexible on the excursions and I don't believe there were any age minimums. There were 6 year olds on our cruise and I remember them on several tours with us. I'd highly recommend the Danube but I don't think you can go wrong with either!

I've done both Danube and Rhine, neither with ABD, but the ports are basically the same for all of the companies. Both cruises were great, but I'd give the edge to the Danube. Vienna is one of my favorite cities ever and Budapest is pretty awesome too. :) But I loved Amsterdam too. And all of the smaller towns on both cruises were lovely. I agree you can't go wrong with either.

We're doing the Danube next summer in June (the 17th?), our kids will be 7 & 9. Of course we haven't told them yet, but we are getting so excited!

Thank you so much!

We are already booked on 6/17-6/24/18 sailing on Danube cruise and was having second thoughts after reading Rhine trip reports. Our kids will be 7, 9, 10, and 11 and it would be amazing to meet up with your kids.

The ABD Danube was fabulous and was great mixture of ages of passengers. I want to do the Rhine next!

In case anyone changes their minds, I have a daughter turning 11 on the June 18th Rhine!

Rhine sounds wonderful too! I was afraid that there will be more older kids on river cruise and so happy to hear many 7-11 years old kids on Danube. Maybe Rhine in 2019! Beauty and Beast theme sounds amazing. Too bad there is no special theme on Danube.... maybe we'll watch Sound of Music one night as a group!

BTW Any ideas for pre and post Danube trips? 6/17/18 sailing starts at Budapest and ends at Munich. Stay few days in Budapest and hit a city in Germany?

BTW Any ideas for pre and post Danube trips? 6/17/18 sailing starts at Budapest and ends at Munich. Stay few days in Budapest and hit a city in Germany?
We're flying into Prague and spending 3 days there on our own before transferring to Budapest. I found an apartment for us (6 in total) to rent for under $300 US per night in Prague. We are getting SO excited and it's still months away.

We are doing a few days in Prague on our own then a night in Budapest pre-Cruise. Then heading to Berlin for a few days.

We were so glad that we went to St. Stephen's basilica on our own in Budapest. Beautiful inside with great views from up top.

I am going on the June 17, 2018 cruise also with my grown daughter and 16 year old granddaughter. I would love to get in contact with other families with teenagers. I have called Disney and there are some older teens on this trip--maybe some will join this conversation.
We are flying into Prague for two days--then to Krakow for two days--then to Budapest for the cruise. I hope to spend a day in Rothenberg ob der Tauber after the cruise and have a little time in Munich.
Still looking at options. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!