Abd survey

Sakura1017

DIS Veteran
Anyone get a survey? I just got one and started the questionnaire, but then told I didn't qualify? They were looking for a different demographic grp. I guess there looking for someone that doesn't post on social media perhaps, which is ridiculous in my opinion.

Anyone get a survey? I just got one and started the questionnaire, but then told I didn't qualify? They were looking for a different demographic grp. I guess there looking for someone that doesn't post on social media perhaps, which is ridiculous in my opinion.
We got it and we're also bumped-- I concluded they either wanted regular and frequent posters to get news out or wanted a group that would be less likely to spill the beans.

I got it and was able to complete it. I did check that I regularly post on social media, so I don't think that was the disqualifier. It was essentially soliciting viewpoints on what types of enhanced safety measures would make us feel comfortable traveling on our scheduled ABD. I went a little off road and added an "other" which was that if the Disney Wish excursion is taken out of our Rhine ABD due to construction delays it would cause us to seriously think about cancelling that trip.

I did not get a survey. I wonder if they only went out to people with trips scheduled for next year?

Sayhello

I got it and was able to complete it. I did check that I regularly post on social media, so I don't think that was the disqualifier. It was essentially soliciting viewpoints on what types of enhanced safety measures would make us feel comfortable traveling on our scheduled ABD. I went a little off road and added an "other" which was that if the Disney Wish excursion is taken out of our Rhine ABD due to construction delays it would cause us to seriously think about cancelling that trip.
Seriously I wish they would have let me continue so I could give feedback. It sucks that they turn away people if it doesn't fit their criteria. I'm in the healthcare field so it would have been great to give more feedback.

I took the survey. I do have a trip scheduled for next year. And I don't post on social media. I feel like they were trying to to assess what precautions it might take for us to be willing to go on an adventure - testing, ppe, distancing, etc.. I've been on 2 ABDs before, and to be honest, the survey made me realize that we're going to cancel, well ahead of our deadline for refund. We take every Covid precaution in our daily lives right now, and will continue to do so until this nightmare is over. I'm glad to see that ABD is considering all these precautions, but I just don't see any way in which an adventure in masks, shields and at least 6 feet between us and everyone else could possibly come close to the experience of our previous adventures.

I also received the survey and completed it. We have a Rhine cruise booked for next year. The survey wanted to know what precautions made us more comfortable to travel and which turned us off. As much as I am fully compliant with wearing a mask in my daily life now, I will not be going on this river cruise if masks are still required. I don't want to pay a fortune to walk around the countryside in a mask, I also love the guest interaction on ABD trips and would hate to have to be socially distant. They also asked if we would still travel if certain parts of the trip were removed or modified and I said no, I'm not paying a premium for less. We will still hold out for now to see what happens in the new year, but will push out a year if nothing has changed.

I was kicked out as well. Scheduled for the Rhine cruise in May 2021. Sad to see so many bounced.

---Paul in Southern NJ

I got the survey, but was kicked out also. I’m surprised ABD doesn’t want feedback from everyone who is booked on a trip for next year. Although I rebooked my Danube River Cruise and Short Escape for July 2021, I don’t know that I believe they will actually happen. The largest hurdle I can see is how long it takes for U.S. citizens to be able to travel abroad freely.

Interesting... I was booted after checking that I DO post on social media as many others above said too. Not sure what else it might have been but great that you were able to keep going. I also had a lot to say and am bummed I didn't get a chance to. I'm heartened that you adding in the bit about the Wish excursion though so I am less bummed than I was. If that gets pulled, frankly, we're bailing. There is just no reason to do the cruise NOW with restrictions unless we have that carrot.

I have two ABD trips booked and I had to pick an adventure from a dropdown menu. I chose Peru because that was the next one coming up. I was kicked out after making that choice.

Hmm interesting. I think we all need to call them to let them know that conducting this survey and booting anyone with social media is ridiculous. The point of a survey is to generate ideas/resolve issues. Yes, you can exclude certain data after it's been collected, but then it would skew results. But to not get our voices heard especially if we booked on opening day previously where the new rules were not in place that you can cancel anytime due to covid is important. I will be definitely trying to speak to a supervisor sometime this week regarding the matter.

Yeah, well - no badge of honor either way. I'm glad they are looking into it. Imagine trying to stay financially afloat as a travel company right now. If it means taking precautions, including wearing masks, I'm all for it if it means we can travel again, and do so safely. I am weary of the deniers out there, refusing to wear masks-- it prolongs everything! We have to be willing to travel with restrictions, or not at all-- and the threat of major tour companies that we love folding is very real. I'm also tired of the attitude that we as regular users of ABD and other companies are somehow deserving of certain privileges-- the real world wants tourists, the real world companies are trying to find a way back and we need to roll with it. Ok, done with my rant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!