?? About August crowds

queenmichelle

Mouseketeer
I'm going to WDW next August from the 18th through the 27th. Ive been later in the month twice before and crowds were quite manageable. How is this time in August crowd wise and what about park hours?I already assume it will be crazy hot. Thanks!:Pinkbounc

We went last August and the crowds were managable, we always got the the parks early and when it got to hot we left and went for a swim, nap etc. as we were there for 3 weeks we had plenty of time to take everything in. We are also going next August, we fly from London on 6th and return on 28th and I am so excited already - only 48 weeks to go!!!!

We were there from the 15-23 this past August. I don't think I'll be trying this time period again. I was prepared for the heat/humidity. I knew it would rain every afternoon. But....not rain/huge thunderstorms every day for the entire afternoon and most of the evening!!! Yes, I know, that's really unusual. But, when you are spending that kind of money, you want to be able to go to the parks or swim in the resort pool. The pools were closed a lot due to the storms. And yes. The storms were way out of the ordinary. The crowds were impacted by the weather. The parks were pretty crowded during the day. I'm sure the FTP worked as far as Disney is concerned. But, when the parks such as MK have to shut down rides due to weather it does make the crowds much heavier at the rides that are open.
Nope. We'll be traveling after Thanksgiving or mid-June or early March from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter