? about Ontario & Riverside CA

DisneyMomma81

DIS Veteran
Hi ~

My mom is heading to the Riverside area next week to pick up my brother. We got her a room on Priceline this evening ~ ONT Airport Marriott for $55 per night! I called the hotel and they said they're about 30 min. from the Riverside area. How'd we do?

She will be staying pretty close to the airport. And yes Riverside is pretty close too. Disneyland is approx. 45 minutes from Riverside. There is a Marriott in downtown Riverside.

If you use Google you will see it will take longer to get from the Ontario Airport area to Disneyland than the hotel's estimate. I tweaked their map as they had a longer u-turn on Holt. It is 34.3 miles of which about 4 are surface streets. You can at midnight do that in about 40 minutes. Google says 41. If you hit rush hour traffic, idiots, and other obstacles then it could take twice as long but I would allow one hour. Driving the speed limit of 70 mph would take at least 26 minutes without the 4 miles of street traffic.

1. Head east on E Holt Blvd toward E Convention Center Way 151 ft
2. Turn left at E Convention Center Way/E D St
Continue to follow E Convention Center Way 0.5 mi
3. Turn right at N Vineyard Ave 0.3 mi
4. Merge onto I-10 W via the ramp to Los Angeles 11.5 mi
5. Take exit 42 to merge onto CA-57 S toward Santa Ana 19.1 mi
6. Take exit 3 for Ball Rd 0.3 mi
7. Turn right at E Ball Rd 2.1 mi
8. Turn left at CA-72/S Harbor Blvd
Destination will be on the right 0.5 mi

Disneyland
1313 S Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92802

Hi ~

My mom is heading to the Riverside area next week to pick up my brother. We got her a room on Priceline this evening ~ ONT Airport Marriott for $55 per night! I called the hotel and they said they're about 30 min. from the Riverside area. How'd we do?

Not sure what "How'd we do?" is asking. Are you planning to go to Disneyland? You are quite a distance away - and depending on traffic, it could be a very long drive. If you are just asking in relation to Riverside, you did fine if your Mom doesn't mind a short drive to pick up your brother (as opposed to just staying in Riverside). :)

- Dreams

To clarify ~ DLR has nothing to do with the original post ~ I just assumed some Dis'ers would be familiar with the area so I figured I'd ask. How'd we do meant ~ location in Ontario of the hotel she got, price she paid for that hotel and ease of getting to Riverside from the ONT airport area.

I grew up in Riverside and fly into Ontario a few times a year. The 30 minute estimate to Riverside is good when there is no traffic. I have had it take 90 minutes late in the afternoon during traffic times. :)

It also depends on where in Riverside your brother is. Riverside is huge. For instance, I live a few minutes away from east Riverside (by March AFB) and work a few blocks from west Riverside (Magnolia and the 15), but to drive from home to work is 45 minutes in the am and about an hour in the pm. Traffic here is usually pretty bad.:guilty:

I would think ANY Marriott for $55 is a steal as they tend to be quite nice and comfortable. Have a great time.

Totally off topic... but lulubelle.... in your siggy - what are those drinks and where can I get them????

since this has nothing to do with DL, I am going to move it to our southern CA board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter