Acckk!!! Need input...

HeatherPage

<font color=darkcoral>Proud mommy, wife and WDW fa
Hi all,

My husband son and I were going to vacation with my parents at Cypress Pointe October 14-21. My dad just called and asked me about renting points from a DVC member instead or possible two value/moderates rooms per night(it's probably looking like it would be value) he said he's willing to spend $200/night for the room. Help!!! Should we even consider a deluxe, not even sure of rates at say the garden wing of contemporary would be under $200 (doubt it). THis has thrown me for a loop (but in a good way) off to research. Thanks for your help!

P.S. Does anyone know if the dining plan is being offered those dates? We could maybe change it to an earlier set of dates if need be.

The dining plan is *always* available. The only thing that expired was the *free* dining plan.

Just a FYI, the dining plan would not be available if you rented points from a DVC member.

Cyn

Figment2 said:
Just a FYI, the dining plan would not be available if you rented points from a DVC member.

Cyn

would all 5 of you be in the deluxe room?? The only deluxes under 200 anywhere is the WL standard view and maybe AKL??? Can't remember, but they are not big enough IMO for 4 adults and a child...some might disagree. I would either get the dining plan with two values or two moderates OR rent the DVC points but there are no dining plans available if you do that. I would also research renting points to get some info on that... :earsgirl:

Check the DVC board - I've had awesome luck renting points. the rate varies depending on travel time - but I've paid $10.00 point and stayed at boardwalk studio for 5 nites at Christmas and paid $750. total... was awesome just go on over to the page and post what you need. good luck

Thanks everyone for the replies. He's wanting a 2 bedroom with a living room (or two separate rooms - say moderate) altogether. He said he could spend about $2,000 for 7 nights (for the room(s)). I'm thinking maybe two moderates or FW cabins (1). He really would like to be within walking distance to Epcot or boat ride to MK but wanting a two bedroom is what is blowing the budget for renting the DVC points, maybe I'll go check to see what 2 studios would run per night to rent the points. I'll let ya know and thanks again!

HeatherPage said:
Thanks everyone for the replies. He's wanting a 2 bedroom with a living room (or two separate rooms - say moderate) altogether. He said he could spend about $2,000 for 7 nights (for the room(s)). I'm thinking maybe two moderates or FW cabins (1). He really would like to be within walking distance to Epcot or boat ride to MK but wanting a two bedroom is what is blowing the budget for renting the DVC points, maybe I'll go check to see what 2 studios would run per night to rent the points. I'll let ya know and thanks again!

I like the cabins, they look lovely...they would be a great choice if we had a car while at WDW...GOOD LUCK !!

DVC OKW site has an awesome setup for 2 bedroom units. :cool1: It's a 1 bedroom unit that has a studio room attached. You get a master BR w/ a King bed and its own bathroom, a full sized washer and dryer, a sleeper sofa, full kitchen, and tv. The studio has 2 queen sized beds, mini bar refridgerator plus microwave, and its own bathroom. :banana: Check out the points chart on the DVC site and see if $2K will buy you 7 days. I think it will easily. :earseek: like everyone else is saying,... no food program is available with this though.

You are going to have major difficulty getting anything in the Epcot area during that period because of the Food and Wine Festival. You might be able to get OKW or SSR.

One option you may not have thought of is to pay cash somewhere for the Fri/Sat nights (if you are flexible, make those your first two nights, not your last), and then rent points for a two-bedroom Sun-Thurs.

Fri/Sat point costs are roughly double the weekday costs, so possibly roughing it for Fri/Sat in two value rooms may allow you to live large in a two-bedroom the rest of your trip...if you can get a ressie.

If you can get a reservation, a 2 bedroom at OKW wold take 232 points. VWL BWV(preferred view), etc. would be 282 points. SSR would be 255 points. Hope this helps you in determining whether you can rent points and stay within your budget. Good luck! :earsgirl:

Checking into an OKW 2 bedroom villa on October 14 and out on October 21 would be 232 points or will translate into $2320. As Jim said, you can do two value rooms for the first night (Friday), and then your 2 bedroom would only be $1760. Doing the values for both Friday and Saturday nights would make the 2 bedroom cost only $1200 for 5 nights. Believe me, even at the $2320, this is a GREAT deal, because you will have 2 very large bathrooms, an in room whirlpool tub, two showers, an in room laundry and a huge kitchen/dining/living room with a large patio/balcony that also has another dining table on it. The OKW 2 bedroom has 1410 square feet, so it is as large as some people's homes. I consider that a true bargain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter