Activation code? WTH?

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
I've done all my DVC booking (and modifying *sigh*) online since we purchased in April 2019. No problems logging into the site. Now all of a sudden it wants my Club ID (not membership number) and a one time activation code I got with my paperwork upon signing. Found them and the club ID works but not the activation code. The only time I really have time to do DVC stuff is outside their hours. Why is the site suddenly asking for this old info when I've been able to access for over a year? Thanks.

When I've had that in the past I've just refreshed the page and it went away. Clear cache/cookies, try a different browser, wait a bit, or use incognito/private mode and give it a try (same things to try whenever the site doesn't want to co-operate).

I've done all my DVC booking (and modifying *sigh*) online since we purchased in April 2019. No problems logging into the site. Now all of a sudden it wants my Club ID (not membership number) and a one time activation code I got with my paperwork upon signing. Found them and the club ID works but not the activation code. The only time I really have time to do DVC stuff is outside their hours. Why is the site suddenly asking for this old info when I've been able to access for over a year? Thanks.
This happened to me yesterday. The rep told me that they do this when there is a suspicious login or activity on the account. The reset it with me on the phone abd I changed my password. I did have a notification someone logged in from a different state.

I had to change my password on Sunday due to suspicious activity. My guess because that day I had signed on with my phone, iPad and laptop, different times of the day. The reset email sent didn’t work so I had to call.

Ugh, this is STILL happening to me when I try to login! I've tried chrome, Edge, Firefox, and explorer every day for the last week. All I want to do is cancel my week in August (well I don't WANT to, I feel like I SHOULD :sad:). I even found my ancient email containing my club ID and activation code, and entered these, but it just says it's incorrect and reloads the page. I guess I'll have to call DVC. :sad2:

Ugh, this is STILL happening to me when I try to login! I've tried chrome, Edge, Firefox, and explorer every day for the last week. All I want to do is cancel my week in August (well I don't WANT to, I feel like I SHOULD :sad:). I even found my ancient email containing my club ID and activation code, and entered these, but it just says it's incorrect and reloads the page. I guess I'll have to call DVC. :sad2:

did you clear your cookies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts