Actually getting $$$ from Chase once DCL credits post

Debbru

DIS Veteran
So we now have an $8000+ credit on our Disney Chase Visa. I will be calling them, but assuming they are very busy now, I thought I'd ask here first. Do I have to wait for the monthly cycle to end? Will they transfer the balance to the bank account I have connected to it (normally pay cc bills online several times a month from our checking account). Will they mail a check? Will they just leave it for the 6 months or so it will take for us to use it up? Just asking out loud, trying to pass the boredom from our "home lockdown". :flower1:

I have never had a credit that exceeded my balance owed for more than one billing cycle on the Disney Visa. I have had such instances occur with AMEX, though and generally they have kept it beyond one billing cycle and I've been fine with that. I never called to ask for a check because I'm one of the people that generally puts anything that can be put on a credit card onto a credit card to get miles/points/whatever and then let it autopay so any check that would be sent would pretty much be sent right back to them anyway.

I’ve had Chase automatically mail me a check when I inadvertently over paid. Was years ago now, but wanna say it was in the 6 week range.

I had a Chase card that I dropped from an annual fee to a free card and it resulted in a partial annual fee credit on my zero balance. I never used the credit and they ended up sending a check after 4 months. You could probably call and request a check at any time though.

I spoke with a Chase Disney rep a week ago regarding this possible scenario and they just said to call and request them to issue payment. I did not ask if it would be a check or a deposit to our checking account. I would call and request for them to pay you and you can let us know what payment options are available:flower3:. We'll be in the same situation in a month (or whenever DCL cancels our Alaska June cruise).

I spoke with a Chase Disney rep a week ago regarding this possible scenario and they just said to call and request them to issue payment. I did not ask if it would be a check or a deposit to our checking account. I would call and request for them to pay you and you can let us know what payment options are available:flower3:. We'll be in the same situation in a month (or whenever DCL cancels our Alaska June cruise).
Glad to do that But it won’t be until 4/9 when our cycle closes, since we still have some bills that auto charge to the card between now and then.

I currently have a credit balance on my Chase Southwest Visa. On the most recent statement there is a notation that says:

“You have a credit balance, so no payment is required. You may make charges against the credit or request a refund by contacting Cardmember Services at the address above. If after 6 months the credit balance is $1.00 or more, we will refund the credit within 30 days.”

My assumption is that the refund would be by check unless you specifically arrange otherwise. They have no way of knowing whose account bill payments come from, whether it is still an open account, etc.

I currently have a credit balance on my Chase Southwest Visa. On the most recent statement there is a notation that says:

“You have a credit balance, so no payment is required. You may make charges against the credit or request a refund by contacting Cardmember Services at the address above. If after 6 months the credit balance is $1.00 or more, we will refund the credit within 30 days.”

My assumption is that the refund would be by check unless you specifically arrange otherwise. They have no way of knowing whose account bill payments come from, whether it is still an open account, etc.
Thanks for the info. Our cards are all paperless, so I've not seen that note. I'm going to try requesting refund to the account I use online to pay the credit card bill (which is the account that comes up on Chase.com when I click "pay card". If they can't do that, then I guess it will be a check. Will let you all know when I call.

Thanks for calling. We’ll have credits on our card from both the Hawaii and Med-Greek Islands cancellations/refunds. I’m waiting on the Hawaii cruise for Disney to cancel and will wait until I near the end of the “lose deposit per guest” period in early May (56 days out) to cancel the Med-Greek Islands cruise if DCL doesn’t do it first. My “deposit per guest” was 10% since it was booked using a placeholder. The only cruising we have planned for next year is the EBTA, already booked with a placeholder discount and less expensive than even the Hawaii cruise (and about one-third the cost of the 12-night Med-Greek Islands cruise). Would not really be able to use much leftover OBB even if we were able to rebook the TA cruise with an incentive that would offset the loss of the placeholder discount. Definitely going for refunds.

So we now have an $8000+ credit on our Disney Chase Visa. I will be calling them, but assuming they are very busy now, I thought I'd ask here first. Do I have to wait for the monthly cycle to end? Will they transfer the balance to the bank account I have connected to it (normally pay cc bills online several times a month from our checking account). Will they mail a check? Will they just leave it for the 6 months or so it will take for us to use it up? Just asking out loud, trying to pass the boredom from our "home lockdown". :flower1:

I have had a negative balance with Chase in the recent past. (maybe 12-15 months).
They would only transfer it to another bank account IF it were a Chase account. They did mail me a check and I don't recall having to wait for the statement to close. They can easily see your balance by looking at your account.

I usually send them a secure message only because I can't stand waiting on hold just to speak to a human being. The SM set up has worked wonderfully for us so far. We have been Chase cc & mortgage customers for sooo long, as in since early 1990s.

Hi, if a credit card company has a credit, they will auto send you a check (as this has happened to us) and yes, you can call and ask them to issue you a check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter