Adding +1 to ADR ?

Paradise18

DIS Veteran
I already have all of our ADRs set. There are 10 of us going. One of the 10 is a child under the age of 2. We now have a relative who would like to go with us (now we will be a party of 11). What can I do to get her added to the ADRs? Can this be done or will I have to cancel and re-book? I was hoping that since one of out 10 is under 2 it wouldn't be a problem to add the 11th person. Anyone have any advice? Thanks so much.

I just did this last night. They would only let me change the reservation if there was one available for the new number of participants. We went from five to six, so if there wasn't a reservation available for six people, I couldn't add one. Most of them worked but I had to change the time of the meals. The only one we couldn't do anything about was Le Cellier because they were booked up of course. The CM who was helping me told me to let our new addition fend for herself that night!

Last year my girlfriend and I and Our kids had a trip planned and at the last minute her DH decided to come meet us for 3 days. I didn't even try to change anything. I just showed up at our ADR and explained to them that we have an unexpected extra person. They were all very amenable to this and we may have had to wait a couple of extra minutes but it really worked out fine. Good luck.

Going from a party of 10 to a party of 11 is a pretty big deal because it requires changing the table size; having a toddler or a baby in the mix doesn't make a difference. Your only option is to try to cancel and rebook every reservation.

OP, I would try very hard to get your reservations changed. If you don't, you can show up with an extra person and you might get seated. It will depend on the crowds at each restaurant and the time of year you are going. We have had some success doing it and we have had some failures doing it.

You could also try breaking your group into smaller sizes. If an ADR for 11 is not available; try making one for 5 and one for 6 at close to the same time and then when showing up, ask if you can all be seated together or close together. We have went as a large group before and there's no guarantee you'll all be seated at the same table anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter