Adding a night- possible split stay

musicmom24

Earning My Ears
We have reservations for three nights at the Contemporary in June. I’m thinking about adding an extra day to the beginning of the trip. We have never spent anytim at Disney Springs. Is it worth going a day early to enjoy Disney Springs? If we did add another day, we would want to do a value resort for one night to save some $$. Is it hard to switch resort hotels after just one night?

I think it could be fun! Enjoy some time shopping after traveling and eat a great meal and wake up the next morning ready to check in to the Contemporary for your stay. Are you driving? If so, just take a small bag in first night with essentials and a change of clothes. If not, bell service can move your luggage to your new resort while you head to the park.

I think it could be fun! Enjoy some time shopping after traveling and eat a great meal and wake up the next morning ready to check in to the Contemporary for your stay. Are you driving? If so, just take a small bag in first night with essentials and a change of clothes. If not, bell service can move your luggage to your new resort while you head to the park.
Yes we are driving about 18 hours! We are going to splint it to two days of travel.

Yes we are driving about 18 hours! We are going to splint it to two days of travel.
Oh my! Then I think it would be great to have an extra day at the beginning to get over the travel! When we do a day or two before our main reservation we always just take in a small bag with the essentials & of course our computers. Much easier than dragging a bigger bag in and out. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Oh my! Then I think it would be great to have an extra day at the beginning to get over the travel! When we do a day or two before our main reservation we always just take in a small bag with the essentials & of course our computers. Much easier than dragging a bigger bag in and out. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!
Yes that’s exactly what I was thinking. We would have a day to relax before hitting up the parks the next day.

Also, something to think about the split stay is whether you want a dining plan for the one day (well, charge for one night but you have til midnight of the checkout date to use credits).

Could pack the character meals/tble service that you might want to do into first day

Also, something to think about the split stay is whether you want a dining plan for the one day (well, charge for one night but you have til midnight of the checkout date to use
Could pack the character meals/tble service that you might want to do into first day
That’s a really good idea! I love that!

Also, something to think about the split stay is whether you want a dining plan for the one day (well, charge for one night but you have til midnight of the checkout date to use credits).

This is a great idea! Do you also need to have park tickets added for that first night in order to add dining for just that first night? :)

We have never spent anytim at Disney Springs. Is it worth going a day early to enjoy Disney Springs?

It’s an outside mall. I go there to enjoy Raglan Road, and on my upcoming trip we’ll go to Jock Lindsay’s bar, but that’s it.

I don’t go to DS to enjoy DS. :)

Curious about this...Do you also need tickets added to the first night in order to add dining plan to the first night only?

If you don’t have tickets yet, you can add them to a package and make the tickets long enough for your whole stay.

If you do have tickets on the second part, call and make a “ticketless package” to get the dining plan without needing another ticket. (This only works when you’re paying for the dining plan...not for the Free Dining packages)

We stayed at the Hilton near DS for one night last June before we checked into the Contemporary. We hadn't been to DS in a few years, so we wanted to check it out before our trip started, since we never seem to find time to get over there once our trip officially starts.
Like a previous poster said, it is mostly just a really big outdoor mall. We do like going to the World of Disney store there, because it is huge! We also enjoy watching some of the live performances, eating and just leisurely strolling around before the park craziness begins, lol.

I'm not a huge Disney Springs fan. I do really like Raglan Road but we only do DS about one in every five trips. I do however LOVE starting my Disney trip early and we have done a split stay on the front end many times. What we like to do is either hang out at the resort, have dinner at the food court, swim etc or go to one of the monorail resorts and enjoy a character meal or Ohana, ride the monorail around and if possible see the fireworks. We have watched them from the outdoor seating area at Gasparilla Grill and from the TTC to name a couple of places. We also love going to AKL or WL for dinner on a first night/bonus night. To me being at a Disney resort whether its a value we are staying at or having dinner at a deluxe resort says "I'm at Disney"! Going to Disney Springs says I'm at a mall lol.

And as a side note to the OP, I love your beagle profile picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!