Adding A Tip....Changes?

MaryFMac

Mouseketeer
Last summer we visited WDW on the DP and often purchased additional items when dining at table service restaurants (bottled water, alcoholic beverages, etc.). We were always able to add an additional gratuity to our liking.

When we returned in the spring, all of our bills were missing the "Add Additional Gratuity" line on the credit slip (room charge slip, in this case) and anything additional (not on the DP) had an automatic 18% added.

I work in the service industry, so I tend to over-tip, but I don't carry cash in the World (who needs it with that handy card? :thumbsup2 ).

Is this now the practice in all disney restaurants?

I found this in December. When I orderd drinks the 18% was automatically added to the tab. The first time It was late and I thought the total seemed high but I tipped on it, after checking the reciept the next day I realized what I had done and checked for it on subsequent occasions. On all of them the 18% was automatically added so I tipped very little in addition to the 18%or not at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter