adding on question on use year

brenbrady

Mouseketeer
we are thinking of adding on at a different resort, my questions is if I use the same use year does that mean all the points are combined?
For example we own at Bay Lake and if we added on at Boardwalk, on the 11th month can I booked all at Boardwalk or only for the amount of points I have for Boardwalk, and then have to wait for the 7th month.
I hope this isn't too confusing and any help is appreciated.
Thanks

we are thinking of adding on at a different resort, my questions is if I use the same use year does that mean all the points are combined?
For example we own at Bay Lake and if we added on at Boardwalk, on the 11th month can I booked all at Boardwalk or only for the amount of points I have for Boardwalk, and then have to wait for the 7th month.
Thanks

You can combine points at 7 months but not at 11 months. So at 11 months you can only use BWV points to book at BWV and at 11 months you can only use BLT points to book at BLT.

Thanks

No you can't combine the points at 11 months - you can only use the points for the individual home resort until the 7 month window. You do have the option however of banking/borrowing to make sure you have enough points to book at the home resort you want at 11 months.

As Jean said, points from different resorts only combine at 7 months. But there are still advantages of the same use year. One is that it will still be one membership, assuming the deeds are titled exactly the same way. With different use years, it is two completely separate memberships. Points can not be combined for any one night without a transfer between the two separate memberships.

And it is helpful to understand why you are not allowed to mix points at 11 months out if you own two resorts: if DVD allowed that everyone would buy a large number of points at a low priced resort like SSR, purchase a 25 point add-on at their favorite but higher priced, near park resort like BLT, and effectively destroy any home resort reservaiton advantage the BLT owners are supposed to have at 11 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter