Adding people to a DAS…help!

Gearbm95

Mouseketeer
We’ll be visiting Epcot in November and my family member will have DAS, however the other 4 people going with us all bought their tickets individually.

Has anyone ever tried linking all the tickets under the MDE member who has the DAS? Can this be done by us or will we have to goto guest services?

Thanks!

The tickets have to be linked before the guest applies for DAS online, so you can link them yourself beforehand. If the DAS holder chooses to apply at the park, have them link in guest services.

There is no need for the tickets to be IN the DAS-holder's MDE account. The tickets should be linked to each guest's regular MDE profile. If they have their own MDE account, just make sure you are all linked as F&F. The DAS-holder should confirm they can see all the other guests (and their tickets) linked before doing pre-registration.

It certainly doesn’t hurt to link everyone as friends & family in MDE… it actually makes things easier in the long run.

Has the DAS member of your party already called and done their registration? If not, having everyone linked in the MDE acct beforehand makes it super easy to do the DAS link-up.

If they’ve already done their advance registration, I’d still link everyone in MDE, then do a new chat request, choosing yes when it asks if you already hold a DAS. It will then ask if you are just calling in to make the advance selections… I’m not sure what happens if you say no, so I’d probably have them say yes.

After the CM links everyone, you can add them to your advance selections, if there’s space available or choose new advance selections (again depending on availability).

The hold for advance selections is much, much shorter than the hold for DAS registration.

Note: it seems that no matter when you “call” —first thing when they open, or later in the day… they say the wait is 5+ hours. Idk why. But if you got in the queue right when they opened, it’s unlikely your wait will be that long. It could be, but it’s unlikely. Do be prepared to have to sign back in at least once during the wait.

After the CM links everyone, you can add them to your advance selections, if there’s space available or choose new advance selections (again depending on availability).
Just be aware this can be hit or miss as to whether it works out. I’ve never heard anyone able to just add guests to an existing Advanced Selection (not saying it’s impossible). And changing means cancelling what you already have without knowing what’s available - so you could end up with nothing, or nothing of interest that fits your schedule.

Yup that’s why I mentioned that it’s subject to availability. You explained it better though LJ.

Disneyland’s system is much better… I was able to add 3 family members to our times easily, and they didn’t have to cancel mine first. They just checked to see if there was availability for a party of 5 instead of 2— and if there was, they booked it.

I have no idea why DL works differently than WDW… you would think it would be the same. But clearly there are differences.

Disneyland is better too, in that there’s availability for most things up to the last minute. I got us good times for everything just 4 days before our trip. ::yes::
And the CM said I was welcome to open another chat to change things up to 2 days before if the other members of my party didn’t like what I picked. Unnecessary in our case, because we had already discussed it and knew we’d all be fine with whatever I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter