Additional guest on reservation for ddp

Luvdancink

Mouseketeer
We are planning a complicated extended family trip. Dh Dd and I are going to rent Ann extended family members DVC points so we can stay at an Epcot resort. I have a brother with special needs who will need to stay with my parents in an off site room due to medical issues. Am I able to add him to our dining plan even though he’s not staying with us? I’d like to do it to help them with cost since they won’t have a dining plan. He will be staying a few less days than us but we have some signatures booked so we can use the credits. Is this ok knowing his park ticket will have less days than the dining plan has booked? He also won’t need the magical express due to his needs they will have alternative transportation.

The dinning plan is tied to the resort reservation, not the park tickets. Like disneynutz said if you aren't over the occupancy limit, just add them to the reservation. Also, everyone on the reservation will have access to the dinning credits for the whole resort reservation for the whole party. So say you have 5 people on the resort reservation with the Deluxe Dinning Plan (3 table servce credits/day/person) for 5 days, everyone in your party would have access to 75 table service credits total to use anyway you want. You don't have to have everyone use only 3 credits a day, you can use them anyway you want. Signature restaurants take 2 credits remember as well.

If you have kids under the age limit for the adult price, the dinning plans can save you some money if you use them wisely.

Hint: look into how to use your snack credits to get the biggest bang for your buck, you can make a meal out of some of the snacks.

Unless he’s 9 years old or younger, don’t expect the dining plan to help with costs.
They won’t take money from me to help, but if I’ve covered the meals on the dining plan, there’s no actual giving them money. Otherwise I’d give them a discounted Disney Gift Card To help w expenses

They won’t take money from me to help, but if I’ve covered the meals on the dining plan, there’s no actual giving them money. Otherwise I’d give them a discounted Disney Gift Card To help w expenses
If you're eating together many times on the trip and/or they are experienced Disney visitors, this will likely be a reasonable choice depending on the DP in question. For Quick Service, I probably wouldn't do it unless he is 9 or under, as the savings are fairly minimal to non existent. For the Basic Plan it depends on how they'd use it. For the Deluxe plan it also depends on how they'd use it but the potential savings are much higher, esp if he qualify's for the child price. The other question is whether they're experienced enough and will be comfortable using it for their meals and using the right number of credits. So for the meals you're together and if he's under 10, it's likely a no brainer. If neither of those are true you might create more aggravation and stress than you'd save them money. Also if you're eating together and get the Deluxe Plan, you can pay for those meals and may have sufficient credits anyway. We often use it for our group in more than one room and share meals getting the deluxe plan. Then we do 2 TS a day usually character meals and/or lunch/dinner. We use snack credits for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter