Additional Maid Service

DVCforMe

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how much a full maid service cleaning for a 2 bedroom villa costs these days? My guide book (old) says $40 but I thought I saw $60 recently. Also, do we just mention that we'd like it at check-in?

Thanks for any help!

Charlotte

Effective Monday April 23, 2007, some of the "Pay As You Play" housekeeping prices for Members have changed as follows:

Additional full cleaning:
Studio/Inn = $30 (prev $25)
1 Bedroom = $45 (prev $30)
2 Bedroom = $60 (prev $40)
3 Bedroom = $75 (prev $60)

Trash & Towel:
Studio/Inn = $15 (prev $10)
1 Bedroom = $20 (prev $10)
2 Bedroom = $25 (prev $10)
3 Bedroom = $35 (prev $10)

Also, the price of the Soap/Shampoo Package is increasing to $5 (prev $3) due to the upgraded H2O+ amenities, plus the additional of a shower gel.

You can mention that you would like this service at check-in, but I have found that the front desk does not always pass this request along to housekeeping. I usually just call housekeeping when we first get to our room, and I have never had a problem this way.

Charlotte, just curious.. Have you done a DVC trip without additional housekeeping?
I ask because many DVC Members (myself included) initially were worried about the lack of every day housekeeping, only to find out it's a blessing in disguise.

The same thing happened to my sister when she purchased. Her first thought was "oh my, all this money and no maid service".
After her first trip she returned to say how peaceful it was not having to worry about maids knocking or having to vacate the room.

We usually stay eight nights which entitles us to one full cleaning, and one trash & towel service. We schedule the cleaning mid-stay, and it works out perfectly.

Of course, perhaps you've stayed a bunch of times and can't stand not having the service. If that's the case, than just ignore me. :teeth:

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter