Additional Virtual Queues coming?

No way would they be allowed to open with that many people...no way to social distance and keep sanitized. If they have any hope of opening in the midterm, they need to think like Discovery Cove boutique and not Disney...they could close 1/2 the park and only open portions for the day. I wasn't kidding about 10-12 attractions, either...
This is the problem with theme parks being open in this time in a nutshell. Take an omnimover ride like Haunted mansion. How many times in a day is one particular car ridden by different groups? If one sick person gets into one of those cars and coughs on it, potentially every rider after that in the same car is now infected.

If I were to guess, I would bet each park will reopen with just 1000 people allowed per day (possibly split into 2 entry times to accommodate 2000 people) and with staggered entry and exits for those guests (with colored bands distinguishing who needs to leave, ala trampoline parks) and with a prescheduled meal hour. I'd expect about 10/12 attractions/shows, 2 restaurants open and no stores...and I'd expect they'd give the arriving guests ride passes and a set show schedule for their bands...

There'd be no hopping, no arriving early, no leaving late...your time frame is your time frame.

I'd also expect this would be "drive in by personal auto" only, with guests walking in and no trams. Not sure how they could make MK work that way since you still have to head in from the drive...it might be the boat method only running with 200 people (100 each deck)/hour...

As for price - who knows - it's Disney - and this would be exclusive and yet limited...so pick any number you want...

1000 people per day? Do you realize how insane that sounds? they wouldn't even bother opening to that low a number. How would they decide which 1000 got in? I expect much lower crowds going forward but Disney would be losing money constantly if they only let in 1000 people no matter how reduced the staff was. Magic Kingdom has 25 rides. That would be less than 50 people at each ride at one time... including the people on it.

1000 people per day? Do you realize how insane that sounds? they wouldn't even bother opening to that low a number. How would they decide which 1000 got in? I expect much lower crowds going forward but Disney would be losing money constantly if they only let in 1000 people no matter how reduced the staff was. Magic Kingdom has 25 rides. That would be less than 50 people at each ride at one time... including the people on it.

Bingo - social distance and spacing...

And it would be AK 1st, not MK...they have to upkeep the animals anyway, so it starts offsetting the fixed costs...

And it's easier to offer $800-1000/person private tours there...yeah. I'd expect they try that kinda price point if they go the private tour route...

Could be wrong, but if they wanna open in 2020, and we still don't have a treatment or vaccine, they'll be thinking these thoughts...b/c they won't be allowed to have 20000 folks in one place in one day...

If you are doing separation on people. Like only one family per carbon TT. Using ever other cat on THM. Or only half the seats on POC. ISW what are the people going to do when not on line? No fast service no grab and go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter