• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Addonitis Math

Wanted to update everybody on this thread that my Disney Math-challenged husband exclaimed “it’s free!” today with genuine excitement (realizing we didn’t have to pay exiting the hotel lot due to free parking at VGC)— it took about 5 seconds for him to collect himself and say “I mean, it’s ‘free’”— small steps but trending in the right direction. 😉

@TheDailyMoo — I saw on another thread that you just stayed at WDW, did you try the new star tours scene? I thought the new adventure following Ashoka with the pergill was right up there with the sunken starship scene for max nausea inducing.

Wanted to update everybody on this thread that my Disney Math-challenged husband exclaimed “it’s free!” today with genuine excitement (realizing we didn’t have to pay exiting the hotel lot due to free parking at VGC)— it took about 5 seconds for him to collect himself and say “I mean, it’s ‘free’”— small steps but trending in the right direction. 😉

@TheDailyMoo — I saw on another thread that you just stayed at WDW, did you try the new star tours scene? I thought the new adventure following Ashoka with the pergill was right up there with the sunken starship scene for max nausea inducing.
Haha no after last years "peril at sea" my kid is traumatized and refuses to go on it lol. That scene sounds pretty bad too though. Were you feeling it?

Haha no after last years "peril at sea" my kid is traumatized and refuses to go on it lol. That scene sounds pretty bad too though. Were you feeling it?
With Star Tours, if I start to feel iffy I just close my eyes until I feel better—I wasn’t too queasy but in my opinion it is the worst of the new scenes (a lot of sudden directional changes)— my daughter who gets car sick extremely easy handled it OK, so maybe it’s not objectively as bad as it seems to me?

With Star Tours, if I start to feel iffy I just close my eyes until I feel better—I wasn’t too queasy but in my opinion it is the worst of the new scenes (a lot of sudden directional changes)— my daughter who gets car sick extremely easy handled it OK, so maybe it’s not objectively as bad as it seems to me?
I like the nostalgia of Star Tours and honestly wouldn’t mind just the original scenes. I would absolutely push to do it again but the chance of one of the queasy scenes is a chance I won’t take

I’ve had to deal with that a lot more as I’ve gotten older…

I have found that playing VR Golf on the Meta Quest has been helpful in training my brain…. but not so much that I would ever try to get on Harry Potter again…..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter