ADR booking/cancellation of vacation pkg question

seasidespences

Mouseketeer
Scenario: We are traveling with another family and on the verge of being able to schedule our adrs. My family has a vacation pkg at Beach club, other family has a pkg at POP. I am booking most of the adrs via our family's pkg but the other family is going to book some as well to give us some options as we're not sure how fastpasses and other plans will work out. The other family MAY have to cancel their POP pkg and end up staying with family off-site if $ doesn't work out...waiting to see on this. Question is...if they have to cancel their room pkg but we want to use one of the adrs they had scheduled because it works better for all of us, will that be an option? If they cancel their vacation pkg, will it cancel their adrs automatically or do the adrs have to be cancelled individually? Sorry for the long post...just trying to make my question clear. Thanks all!

It is my understanding that when a package is canceled, the ADRs are automatically canceled with it. I’m sure someone with more experience with this will comment below though!

It is my understanding that when a package is canceled, the ADRs are automatically canceled with it. I’m sure someone with more experience with this will comment below though!
Nope. Never.

ADR’s are not in any way linked to a resort reservation.

You can book ADRs without a resort reservation. I do it all the time if we know when we are going just not sure where we are staying. You will be fine.

So how does that work with the benefits of booking when staying on property? Can someone set up a package on property, book ADRs at 180+10, then later cancel the on property stay and keep the ADRs? I guess that’s why I thought it was tied together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter