ADR Help

tinah159

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone. My DH and I are going to WDW in September with the free dining plan. We have never made ADR. We like to eat late and make our food decisions "on the fly". I dont think our usual method will work considering we want to try some new places to eat this trip. Does anyone have a general idea of the latest seatings you can request? Im sure it depends on the resturant, so general times would help me.
Thanks in advance

When I called for my ADR's, I would tell the CM what restaurant and day I wanted and the CM would then tell me what times were available for that day. As far as late ADR's, the CM will let you know, but I know some people time there ADR's to watch the fireworks from some restaurants, which is too late in the evening for me to have dinner.

You can always ask the CM. When I planned my meals this year, for a few of them I basically said "I'd like the last (meal here) seating available please" and the CM would let me know what it was and I decided whether or not to book it. This worked well with two of our breakfasts- the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot and Cape May Cafe character breakfast. My mom likes to sleep late, so it works better if my sister and myself can go to the parks early and have my parents meet up with us later before the meal time.

It worked well last year too, except that we asked for the earliest seatings available for the Princess Storybook Breakfast and Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast. The CMs are very helpful and if you ask questions and try to get a feel for times, they'll be happy to help you out in choosing. Good luck!

I've never had a problem booking a late seating. Usually, that's the only time that they have left. If it's just 2 of you, it shouldn't be a problem. If there are some restaurants that you know you'll want to visit, I would make a reservation there so that you'll have somewhere to go. You can cancel/change them. Sometimes, my daughter and I will eat out. I've booked many adrs that same day. Sept. isn't generally a busy time at WDW, but there will be many on the dining plan. Who knows how busy the restaurants will be.

Here are some of my favorites for the dining plan:

Konas Polynesian
Ohanas Polynesian
Spoodles Boardwalk --yet to try, but looked up menu...looks great!
Cape May buffet Beach Club dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern MK
Le Cellier Canada Epcot
Alfredo's Italy Epcot
Japanese Restaurant Epcot
Chinese Restaurant Epcot
Whispering Canyon dinner Wilderness Lodge
1900 Park Fare Buffet dinner Grand Floridian
Boma's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Have fun, and start your diet now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter