ADR's 100 days out?

Stimpy

<font color=red>Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says
I was just reading on the Dining board that starting 7/18, guests staying on site would be able to get their ADR's 100 days out. Others will still be able to get theirs 90 days out. If we are staying on points at a DVC resort, we should get the 100 days too, right?

One would assume so.

I read that thread too and decided no one really knows what (if anything) is changing.
Not too many details and it seems no two "CM stories" are the same. (LOL, what else is new)?

I'm just going to wait and see how it all plays out - or at least until the DIS, All Ears, MouseSavers or the PS Calulator websites put out some info/facts. They usually get it right, thank goodness!

Best wishes -

I read that thread yesterday too, and I hope this new concept is being reported wrong, or is somehow just a rumor. Something seens too out of wack to me.

and it seems no two "CM stories" are the same.

Actually, I'm think it is more likely confusion on the part of those of us who have reported the calls. I've been a participant on that thread.

I think all of us except for one have understood it to be just as the OP explained . At 90 days out, you can make ADRs for up to 10 more days. 90 plus 10. One poster has understood differently having talked with 2 CMs.

Since we usually combine Polynesian/BCV on our stays, I did ask about that. If I understood the CM correctly, it will be no problem. I will just need to provide the BCV reservation # also.

I agree it is too early to know for sure. But as I'm now within the 90 days for our next trip, I'm eagerly following any reports. :sunny:

This would be truly an amazing amount of "on property" changes for this year. They are really pushing hard and I have noticed some people saying that it is getting hard to get ressies even at the DVC restaurants because of the free dining package. More power to Disney for making money, but it would be nice if things would be rolled out in a better way so that they aren't so confussing (like the new AP rate system).

I think it would be helpful for some of us that have never gotten breakfast with Cinderella and other hard to book things, but I am wondering how much of an effect it will have after the "free dining" is over.

Interesting.

So does 90 days out PLUS 10 days mean that if you are staying for 10 days you could make ALL your ADR's at 7 am on that first morning (of the 90th day)? Yikes, I'd be on the phone for hours ... and what would I do for the next 9 mornings? I guess I could sleep in.

This does make some sense considering the MYW tickets that seem to encourage the 10-day stay. Somehow those folks at Disney always seem to know what their doing......

lllovell said:
This would be truly an amazing amount of "on property" changes for this year.

That is really true. Two of the many changes that I'm still so happy about are the DVC discount on APs and the ability to buy the DDE as a passholder. Great changes for our family.

I did just call to try to get CRT for lunch on our first full day...a favorite of DS2 and a tradition for our family. Got it :cool1: and Hunter confirmed that at 90 days you can then make PSs or ADRs for up to 10 more days.

ellenmiele said:
So does 90 days out PLUS 10 days mean that if you are staying for 10 days you could make ALL your ADR's at 7 am on that first morning (of the 90th day)? Yikes, I'd be on the phone for hours ... and what would I do for the next 9 mornings? I guess I could sleep in.

This does make some sense considering the MYW tickets that seem to encourage the 10-day stay. Somehow those folks at Disney always seem to know what their doing......

Yes, Ellen you've got it right.

But you won't be on the phone for hours. I usually make all of our reservations soon after the 90 day mark of the end of our vacation. I make my little hand written spread sheet with what I want, call and in 10 -15 minutes I'm finished. Everything I want at the times I want it (we don't usually try for CRT breakfast). Now I'll just do it on the first day of the window. If not for CRT, there really is no need to call first thing. In fact, now I'll wait until later in the day on the 18th and make the rest of ours.

Sleeping in those following days does sound good, doesn't it?

It is surprising to me that this isn't on Allears, etc.. But of course , maybe it is now. I haven't checked today.

BCV23 said:
...(snip)... If not for CRT, there really is no need to call first thing. In fact, now I'll wait until later in the day on the 18th and make the rest of ours.
I'd add the Chef's Table at V&A to that list as well as the Princess breakfast at Norway.

BCV23 said:
...It is surprising to me that this isn't on Allears, etc.. But of course , maybe it is now. I haven't checked today.
I'm surprised, too. I just checked both All Ears and MouseSavers and there isn't anything there on either of them yet. Nothing on the Priority Seating Planning Guide site (www.pscalculator.net) either.

Best wishes -

I've recently seen ADR used a lot in posts and I was wondering if this is a new abbreviation that means the same as PS. Does it stand for advance dining reservation? Maybe it's been around and I just don't remember but lately I've seen it a lot and it's been driving me crazy thinking I missed something. :flower:

Luigi's Girl said:
I've recently seen ADR used a lot in posts and I was wondering if this is a new abbreviation that means the same as PS. Does it stand for advance dining reservation? Maybe it's been around and I just don't remember but lately I've seen it a lot and it's been driving me crazy thinking I missed something. :flower:

Yep, advanced dining reservation and it is pretty new.

CarolMN said:
I'd add the Chef's Table at V&A to that list as well as the Princess breakfast at Norway.

Best wishes -

You're right of course, Carol. I meant to add PSB but forgot. :crazy: And it sounds like even if you do call for Chef's Table at 180 days, it can be hard to get.

Yes, Luigi's Girl ADR is now the term being used for PS. I believe it stands for Advanced Dining Reservations. HTH :sunny:

I understood it, if there is anything to even understand it yet, that from the 100 to 90 day mark you have to call everyday to add an adr at 90 days you can call for up to ten days for your entire stay. I dont get upset over this, because I have always walked up to what I wanted and got them when on site. I hope the free dining does not go into november this year because that will change things. I am calling this year because my dd3 is going to eat breakfast with the princesses if I have to have 100 people calling the morning I can make them so I can see her face eating in the caste.

How is this going to affect the Pirate cruise/Albatross cruises? How about CRT? If you can call at 90 days out and reserve for the next 10 days, will someone be able to make those ADR's 10 days before everyone else? Would the hard to get ones be exempt from this? I can see some abuses of this privledge already. People will make ADR's for all 10 days for CRT or PC etc. and block others who are checking in a day after from getting them.

I think this is fine and great for regular PS's/ADR's but for the really hard ones I see problems ahead.

RichieGraciemom said:
..(snip)....I am calling this year because my dd3 is going to eat breakfast with the princesses if I have to have 100 people calling the morning I can make them so I can see her face eating in the caste.
It will be worth it!

My very macho, rough, gruff "Disney is for sissies" still talks about the princess breakfast his family did several years ago. He has two princess-crazy daughters, one of whom is a special needs child. He still gets tears in his eyes when he talks about how excited/happy she was - and how very nice the princesses were to her.

Sending pixie dust and hoping you don't need 100 callers to get the ressie! :goodvibes

Best wishes-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter