ADRs again (March re-booker)

Thomasboys

Mouseketeer
We were supposed to be there March 19th but are have now re-booked for mid/late June and I'm working on all new ADRs. On July 23rd we are planning the Fantasyland event so we will have a late breakfast, maybe skip lunch or just snack and then need to figure out a dinner option. Would you choose Grand Floridian Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Diamond Horseshoe, The Wave, or Jungle Skipper (we did this last March and thought it was good but not a MUST return), or Kona Cafe? The Plaza and Tonys are also opened but I've NEVER heard good things about either of those.

A little about our family - we have two boys 8 and 7 and are not super picky eaters. We are staying at CBR so once we leave MK we will be done for the day and not coming back. We have Whispering Canyon reserved for our other MK day.

So let me have it -- what do you suggest??? I never thought I'd be re-doing dining for the same trip. :)

I don’t know what the fantasyland thing is

my advice is to stay in MK. Leaving to dine and returning can be a 3 hour event. I would pick either LTT or the saloon

it’s the early morning magic event in Fantasyland with breakfast at Cosmic Rays which is really a 10a breakfast to maximize time.

We like the Plaza-it's not exciting food, mainly sandwiches and salad type things. Excellent milkshakes too. Always very good. We like LTT as well, but I will say I would try to do a late lunch situation just because I like to order off the menu al la carte vs the all you can eat Thanksgiving meal that is served at dinner. We've done both both lunch and dinner though, both were good.
I do agree with the PP that mentioned not leaving MK, it takes too much time.

I don’t know what the fantasyland thing is

my advice is to stay in MK. Leaving to dine and returning can be a 3 hour event. I would pick either LTT or the saloon
Agree, leaving the park to eat can take a long time.
I would stay in the park and eat at LTT, unless you are done at the park.
We used to enjoy the Plaza. Our last experience there, the food was so bad, will not go back.

We were supposed to be there March 19th but are have now re-booked for mid/late June and I'm working on all new ADRs. On July 23rd we are planning the Fantasyland event so we will have a late breakfast, maybe skip lunch or just snack and then need to figure out a dinner option. Would you choose Grand Floridian Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Diamond Horseshoe, The Wave, or Jungle Skipper (we did this last March and thought it was good but not a MUST return), or Kona Cafe? The Plaza and Tonys are also opened but I've NEVER heard good things about either of those.

A little about our family - we have two boys 8 and 7 and are not super picky eaters. We are staying at CBR so once we leave MK we will be done for the day and not coming back. We have Whispering Canyon reserved for our other MK day.

So let me have it -- what do you suggest??? I never thought I'd be re-doing dining for the same trip. :)
I would stay in MK. I’d probably just eat a QS too, to be honest.

GF Cafe or The Wave. LTT will be the all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving dinner menu. Diamond Horseshoe is just... meh, sandwiches maybe? You've done Jungle and I have to say, Kona used to be a favorite but the last 2 times we were there, it went from bad to worse. Have you considered going to Disney Springs for supper, especially as you will be done with the theme park for the day? LOTS of great options there!

We had lunch at Tony’s two years ago and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. Perfect kids menu with the cheese pizza option and I don’t remember exactly what my DH and I ordered but we were happy that we chose Tony’s. Dessert was pretty yummy too ( yes I’m that person that orders dessert at lunchtime). We usually go spring break time - which is very crowded - so we are not fans of battling the quick service lines. Have a great time at early morning magic!

I've always wanted to try the Wave or LTT so those would be my choice if I were staying within MK area. Like another poster said, if you want to venture to DS, there are many great restaurants there, my favorite being Homecoming.

LTT if you like what the dinner platter looks like, we prefer Lunch there. Plaza has changed their menu so for us its a NO GO now. I would say give The Wave a try, walk there is easy and quick! I am also redoing our trip from April to Sept. I have a late June trip booked that had no adrs, but now I am rethinking to make some and really treat myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter