ADR's for June Stay - thoughts??

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
we are staying at okw for 4 nights then AKV for 6 nights then AKL for 5 nights we will be on the basic dining plan and we are paying cash for first day of meals
06/20 - olivias for breakfast, has anyone eaten here is it better for lunch than breakfast
planet hollywood, figured we would take the ferry from the resort and dont see many ts options in DTD

06/21 - coral reef for lunch, one of my dd favs
garden grill, we have never done this one, how is it? food? service? character interaction?

06/22 - starring rolls - butterfinger cup cakes lol
sci fi dine in, one of my ds favs

06/23 - Mara, its convenient at resort
Sanaa, have heard great things

06/24 - flametree bbq, fav cs in ak
yak and yeti, we really like it and it will be convenient since we will be at AK is tusker house better?

06/25 - Mara
Boma - i love and at resort

06/26 - columbia house, never tried
crystal palace, we have dinner ressie wondering if lunch would be better there, we really like CP and have done breakfast and dinner

06/27 - cape may cafe for breakfast, never tried is it worth it
foodquest, we will be at disneyquest

06/28 - cosmic rays, fav cs in mk
chef mickeys, kids fav

06/29 - pizza planet
50's prime time, a fav for us

06/30 - lunch at le cellier, one of my ds fav
dinner at chefs de france, sis wants to try and would like to see rat

07/01 - tusker house safari breakfast, we really like this
wolfgang puck express, shopping in dtd

07/02 - ohanas for breakfast, i love stitch lol
dinner at akershus, want to see princesses at a lower cost than crt

07/03 - wwos grille, boyfriend wants to see wide world of sports
ohanas for dinner, will be watching fireworks from the poly

07/04 - have no idea yet

You must be so excited!
I am only going to comment on Olivia's. We ate supper there last April. This was our worst meal of the 8 days. Not only was the service not good, but the food was cafeteria quality..to us anyway. Someone said on the DIS once that the food is all prepared offsite and brought there? Don't know for sure, but we will not return.
Hope you have a wonderful trip!:)

thanks, maybe I will rethink this one and see if there is another ts close by or maybe just do cs that morning.

06/20 - olivias for breakfast, has anyone eaten here is it better for lunch than breakfast ///planet hollywood, figured we would take the ferry from the resort and dont see many ts options in DTD

We ate at Olivia's for dinner and it was an outstanding meal. DW had a great steak (New York Strip) and I had Mahi. The kids loved their meals as well. We would definitely return to OKW and eat at Olivia's. We have not tried breakfast or lunch, but dinner was well worth it. As for planet hollywood, we have been there several times. The atmosphere is great, but food has been hit or miss - sometimes great, and other times average.

06/21 - coral reef for lunch, one of my dd favs
garden grill, we have never done this one, how is it? food? service? character interaction?

Garden Grill is fun. The food is served family style (all you can eat) and the restaurant overlooks and slowly turns over the Living with Land ride. Do the ride first and then you can talk about what part you are over. Farmer Mickey was fun, and we had great interaction with Chip and Dale. The food was decent, not great. We enjoyed the characters and moving restaurant moreso than the food.

06/22 - starring rolls - butterfinger cup cakes lol
sci fi dine in, one of my ds favs - absolutely

06/26 - columbia house, never tried
crystal palace, we have dinner ressie wondering if lunch would be better there, we really like CP and have done breakfast and dinner

CHH is excellent, although I think their portion sizes have decreased over the years. We could not find the place for years, and once we did, we now plan a QS dining there everytime. Great Fish and Chips. They also have chicken, as one dd (5) does not like fish. I like Crystal Palace for dinner, but that is probably just because I don't like eating a big lunch. I can do a late breakfast (10:30 AM) or dinner (5:00 PM) but just not lunches.

06/27 - cape may cafe for breakfast, never tried is it worth it

Cape May Cafe breakfast is definitely worth it. Probably tied with the best resort character breakfast with Ohana. They had Minnie, Goofy, and Donald, great food, great service, buffet, and just really nice atmosphere.

06/28 - chef mickeys, we prefer breakfast over dinner

06/30 - lunch at le cellier, one of my ds fav - absolutely

07/01 - wolfgang puck express, shopping in dtd

WPE was good. We like Earl of Sandwich better.

07/02 - ohanas for breakfast, i love stitch lol
dinner at akershus, want to see princesses at a lower cost than crt

From above, Ohana and Cape May are our favorite character breakfasts at WDW. We have never done dinner at Akershus. The breakfast is awesome, dds love the princesses, and my favorite character breakfast in theme park. We have been 5 straight years and planning it again this year.

07/03 - ohanas for dinner, will be watching fireworks from the poly

Ohana's is excellent for dinner. They had a coconut roll (activity of the ground for children to play) which they really liked as well. No characters, but food was really good.

07/04 - have no idea yet

See above in red. You have some really good ones. We are trying the AK restaurants this year as well, so could not give you input there. The only other character dinner resort you could check would be 1900 Park Fare. Garden Grove (not on dining plan) used to have characters, but I think their schedule has changed. I may be wrong about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter