adSimba’s Impossible trip

Haha, I love that your wife got a parasol! I did too, they were just too cute!

I'm glad you finished up your trip report!

We also loved the view from the Blue Bayou seating, but I thought our meal was awesome, too. What did you guys choose? We thought it was close to the best meal we had on our trip. The best meal may have been Steakhouse 55 for breakfast, and it was pretty affordable too. A little fancy but also empty, there was no need for our reservations.

I had posted before about taking breaks with kids, and now that I've been on that trip, I think my opinions have changed! We went back for a break on 3 of 4 days, in the afternoon when it got super hot. We enjoyed the pool on 2 of the 3 days, I enjoyed it solo on one day. But none of the kids would take a nap, or lay down and watch TV or RELAX. So the adults were the only ones who wanted to enjoy nap time... We did feed them out of the grocery order so that cut food costs in the parks. I think I might do pool days every other day, and just stay in the parks and use shows as breaks every other day. We missed almost every show because the kids were all about the rides!

We totally ran the kids ragged trying to get everything in and I very much understand that mixed feeling of sadness to be done and happiness to be finished exhausting myself every day!

Great TR!! Loved getting to read it!! You've given me many new things to try on my upcoming trip!! Hope you have a great Christmas trip as well!!

Volume 2 Christmas: Chapter 1 : PTR: Planning

What's more impossible than saving for a year to go to Disneyland and doing nearly every awesome thing possible?? Going again for Christmas the same year, with only 4 months to save for it!

When I was almost done planning and saving for our families amazing Trip to Disneyland I finally told my extended family. (I was going to invite a sister to come with us) then I was told that my family back in California had just started planning a Disneyland trip starting Christmas day.

They asked if we could come, but I explained to them that we had been planning our trip for (at that point) almost a year and were almost ready to go. They were disappointed but understood. Then one of my sisters who is more financially stable then we are offered to pay for our airfare. I explained our whole southwest credit card thing, and she offered to pay for our hotel.

OK, at this point we would have a way to get there for nearly free (we earned lot more points going on the May trip) and a place to stay there. We also happen to have 3 4-day tickets, which are for one park per day (this was the first thing I bought for our other trip, but we got in with better tickets for free)

alright, it's crazy, but it just might work...

OK, so, obviously we had just come back from an impossibly awesome (except for the weather, and being tired) trip. And had spent all of our vacation money.

Now it was time to go to the dentist. :sad: We don't have dental insurance for CinderellaLove but fortunately there is a place in town that offers a significant discount to people without insurance, and they are fantastic. over the course of a month we racked up a large bill with them, but except one more procedure, which cannot be done till January. CinderellaLove now has good teeth! :jumping1:

Unfortunately, right after the teeth thing got settled, CinderellaLove got a few emergency health issues (I think she is just jealous of me) She had a lot of pain and other things that are uncomfortable and unsafe happening to her body. :scared1: about 4 doctors and an ER trip later we found someone who would listen, and not just say that since her blood work came back clear that her body could handle the pain and other issues and she did not need any treatment.

Anyway, this past Monday (10/26) she had multiple surgeries including the removal of her gallbladder, and it seems that everything should be healed up by Christmas. (fingers crossed)

Last edited:

Glad to hear your wife is doing well; hoping for a speedy recovery! And I am soooo jealous of your pics with the rabbits!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter